KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Arkham Asylum: Living Hell

Arkham Asylum: Living Hell
Started by: SaintSmurph

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Arkham Asylum: Living Hell

Just read it.

A miniseries that focuses entirely on Arkham, and comparatively little on Batman, and some of the most well known characters, but a fun, dark read.

I really enjoyed it all until when they brought [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Etrigan and the hell-aspect in at the end. Made everything more convoluted and brought everything away from the horror that is the asylum.

Any thoughts from those who've read it?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:23 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read it a couple of months ago, awesome miniseries. I also agree with what happened at the ending, it should've been solely about the inmates and their "hell"

"What's the question mark for? Sexual identity?"

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:27 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

I liked it. Not the best Batman mini I've ever read, but I liked it.

On another note, I'm really liking Gotham: Underground so far.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:28 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Good old Dan Slott.

I've read it, was pretty good, but I agree with you on the whole Hell thing Smurph, I got confused as hell (excuse the pun) when they introduced that.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:30 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote: (post)
Originally posted by batdude123
I liked it. Not the best Batman mini I've ever read, but I liked it.

On another note, I'm really liking Gotham: Underground so far.

GU is been pretty good. The idea of Penguin creating an underground railroad for villains.

That Bird is a genious. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:30 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
GU is been pretty good. The idea of Penguin creating an underground railroad for villains.

That Bird is a genious. laughing out loud

Yeah... plus Scarface is back with second-rate Batman villains working under him. Lulz.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:32 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GGS

Yeah the Penguin is rocking atm!!! It kinda reminds me of the time he was going around during No Mans Land etc. rescuing people but only if they would do a favour for him. Proper ruthless but smart.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:35 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Batman has one of the best equipped rogue galleries for story lines that center on the rogues. IMO.

About the whole Etrigan fiasco in Living Hell... I reckon it was just DC trying to show that the rest of the DCU exists, but muddying up the book in the process.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:42 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

On another note, I was slightly dissapointed by how little we got to see of the Joker.

Except for his (awesome) idea and attempt to kill everyone in Gotham whose name is a palindrome.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 10:57 PM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by SaintSmurph
On another note, I was slightly dissapointed by how little we got to see of the Joker.

Except for his (awesome) idea and attempt to kill everyone in Gotham whose name is a palindrome.

laughing out loud

I pity any hannah's.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:27 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote