KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Johnny Cage

Johnny Cage
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Johnny Cage

Since we're on Mortal Kombat characters, this thread is dedicated to Mortal Kombat's resident ball-busting movie star.

Age: 29 (Mortal Kombat 1); 39 (as of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon)
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 200
Hair: Brown, later dyed Blond
Eyes: Blue
Legal Status: Earthrealm - American
Family: Robert Carlton - Father; Rose Carlton - Mother; Rebecca Carlton, Sister; Cindy Ford - Ex-wife
Fighting Styles: Jeet Kune Do, Karate
Birthplace: Venice, California
Portrayed By: Daniel Pesina (Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II), Chris Alexander (Mortal Kombat Trilogy), Linden Ashby (Mortal Kombat), Chris Conrad (Mortal Kombat: Annihilation)
Trivia: Originally, the creators wanted Jean-Claude Van Damme to play the role in the game, but was replaced by Pesina. Also, Brandon Lee was supposed to play the role of Johnny in the movie, but the role was given to Ashby (who is also a martial artist) following his untimely death in 1995.
Filmography:
* Ninja Mime (a box office flop in America, but a cult classic in France; Cyrax loathed this movie, and still wants his 8 bucks. This is also Johnny's first movie)
* Dragon Fist
* Dragon Fist 2
* Son of Dragon Fist
* HWAAAAA!! (won an Oscar)
* Sudden Violence
* Violence Hero
* Aquatic Assault
* Exiting the Dragon of Death (opposite Hong Kong action star Channie Jack, a spoof of Jackie Chan)
* 7 Poisons (a take on the Shaw Brothers' classic "Five Deadly Venoms")
* Cage Match
* The Gist of my Fist
* 24 Karate Gold
* Caged Rage (a poster of this movie can be seen in the Subway stage in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon)
* Who's That?
* Iron Claw
* Massive Strike
* Wu Shu (a TV series)
* Mortal Kombat
* Mortal Kombat II (Broke box office records)
* Mortal Kombat: The Death of Johnny Cage (Never finished)
* Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance (non-canon since Mortal Kombat: Deception revealed that he was actually killed in Deadly Alliance)
* Every Dog Has His Day (non-canon, was only depicted in the MK Comics by Malibu, in which he also got Sonya Blade an acting bit).

Bio:

[Mortal Kombat]

A martial arts superstar trained by great masters around the world, Cage uses his talents on the big screen. He is current box office
champ, starring in such movies as Dragon Fist and Dragon Fist II, as
well as the award winning Sudden Violence. He entered the tournament purely for publicity it would generate for him around the world. Despite his seeming shallowness, he is a formidable foe with limber limbs, quick reflexes, and his patented Shadow Kick.

[Mortal Kombat II]

The world was shocked when martial arts movie star Johnny Cage disappeared from the set of his latest film. But in truth, he was following his former ally Liu Kang into the Outworld where he plans to compete in a twisted tournament in which lies the balance of Earth's existence - as well as a script for another blockbuster movie.

[Mortal Kombat Trilogy]

Killed in battle with an Outworld extermination squad, Johnny Cage's life came to a tragic end. But the celluoid superstar manages to cheat death when his path to the after life is blocked by the merger of Earth and Outworld. His soul takes possession of his body once again and enables Cage to rejoin his friends to battle for Earth's survival.

[Mortal Kombat Gold]

Shao Kahn's defeat frees Johnny Cage's soul to ascend to a higher place. From the heavens, he observes his friends again engaged in battle. When he learns the war Shinnok wages against the Elder Gods, Cage seeks Rayden for help in resurrecting his soul, and then joins Liu Kang in his quest. Johnny Cage fights alongside Earth's warriors once again.

[Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance]

Johnny Cage had been fed up with the lame writing on his current movie "Mortal Kombat: The Death of Johnny Cage," in which his character repeatedly died and was resurrected. To him, his real-life
adventures were much more sensational-he kicked butt! But his studio felt that the hero needed to take a fall for dramatic purposes, Johnny Cage reluctantly agreed to continue with the project until the Thunder God Rayden called him away to a new adventure in Outworld.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Last edited by Snafu the Great on Sep 20th, 2007 at 06:38 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 06:31 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Yep. Definitely my all-time favorite MK character (well, besides Scorpion, Shang Tsung, and Onaga).

Need I say more?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2007 07:22 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Cage rules & would have made a better main character than lame ass Kang. There's a connection between the failures of MK & the death/absence of Cage.

MK3 1st MK w/out Cage. 3 is thought by many to be the start of the end of the MK glory days. MK2 is still regarded as the best of the series.

MK:Annihilation Johnny gets killed off quicker than a black guy in a horror flick & the movie is a steaming pile of shit

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 11:11 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

(please log in to view the image)

Johnny Cage is one of my favorite Mortal Kombat characters. My other favorite character is Jax.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 02:55 PM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Those were 500 dollar sunglasses @sshole."

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2007 10:50 PM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

That line was an instant classic

Old Post Oct 5th, 2007 02:36 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Cage is my all-time favorite, without a question.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 01:04 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

How could someone not like Johnny Cage?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 01:01 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
How could someone not like Johnny Cage?

I don't know. Ask Blax_Hydralisk. stick out tongue

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f85/t466008.html

laughing out loud @ the no-talent ass clown comment.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:02 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Blax_Hydralisk needs help.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:10 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yo momma needs help.

And I will refrain from talking badly about the no-talent assclown here, seeing as this is his Respect thread.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:24 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

erm Why did you come here in the first place knowing that you don't like Johnny Cage?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:27 AM
Ozone
You need me to live.

He doesn't have anything else to do with his life.

Anyway, Johnny Cage is a cool guy. He's my favorite Mortal Kombat character.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 06:23 AM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
And I will refrain from talking badly about the no-talent assclown here, seeing as this is his Respect thread.

As if hitting a big, 4-armed fighter like Goro in the balls with a split-punch or kicking him off a cliff doesn't require talent? stick out tongue

And no. I don't hate you or anything. He's just a character. I still couldn't help but find your post about him funny though.

----

Meh. Other than that, here's another cool video of Cage that I probably should've posted earlier.

Gotta love that "This is where you fall down" line (which he also said to Goro before he died). rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:33 AM
Ozone
You need me to live.

Johnny Cage is the best.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 01:59 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
erm Why did you come here in the first place knowing that you don't like Johnny Cage?

Why not? I, like everyone else, have the right go werever I want, when I want. I'm not an ignorant fool who stays away from threads I don't like.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 03:13 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Why not? I, like everyone else, have the right go werever I want, when I want. I'm not an ignorant fool who stays away from threads I don't like.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:12 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

And how does one staying away from threads he/she doesn't like make them ignorant?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 05:13 PM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Simply sticking your nose in the air and saying "lolz I d'unt like the character so I'm not even gonna go insid3" is ignorant, especially for a RESPECT thread. Who knows, I may have found some info I didn't know about the character that wouldn't make him an assclown. I haven't, but that's not the point.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 12:54 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's an assclown even after punching Goro in the balls?

Seriously, you think Hwoarang is an assclown when he was giving blows to DEVIL JIN in the T6 trailer.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Oct 18th, 2007 01:01 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote