KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » battle

battle
Started by: vanice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vanice
traceur

battle

Because there is no LOTR vs. Forum I decided to make a Vs thread where you can post fights.

The idea goes like this:
I say a fight, for example Sam Vs. Merry.
then the next guy who answerers says who wins and why:

"I think merry wins because he's got a magic sword"

then the same guy gives us a new fight to discuss.

"OK now, Radagast Vs. Hurin"

and we'll continue like that. of course you can continue to discuss an old fight while a new is going on. and you can bring up opinions on an old fight anytime.
so let's go people!!

who will win in a fight between Sam and Merry?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 04:38 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well I would say Sam, simply because he was good enough to get Shelob on the run and badly wounded (which most knights of both elves and men couldn't not achieve), and killed orcs in single combat in Mordor. (At least in the film). I'd say it'd put him above Merry, at least a little bit.

Bard vs Legolas with bows.

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 04:46 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

ok good. now the battle has begun!

I think Legolas takes it. he is damn skilled, he can hit orcs in the dark and his elf eyes are far beyond bards. I don't know very much about bard exept that he killed Smaug. So I say legolas.

ok now, hmm let's see...

Túrin Vs. Gil-Galad

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 04:55 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm, possibly Turin. His big ass shield should be hard to get through, and killing a dragon isn't a small feat exactly....

Beorn vs Gimli.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:02 PM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

think Gimly could take down a bear pretty easy so I'll go with him. Beorns is no normal bear but whatever.

Echtelion (of the fountain) Vs. Fingolfin

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:24 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm, well he did fight Gothmog (which I would say is as hard to survive against as Morgoth, not because they are equal in power (since Morgoth is WAY beyond him), but that his size is more easily compared to Echtellion's, thus making it a true sword battle instead of a "hit and run" thing..) So I'd say that Echtellion has a chance at least, can't say the winner though.....

Well Beorn did state that he would have done better against the Wargs than Gandalf did (to some degree, if you think about it), and he could communicate with the forest. Also, Gandalf warned all the 13 dwarves of his power, saying they did not want to face him in battle........

Eomers horse rider army vs Faramir's knights......

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:31 PM
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

If mounted I'd say the Riders of Eomer take this one. Gondor's Rangers/Knights wern't particularly skilled on horse back, they seem better suited to melee battles on foot and swordcraft. Or in the case of the Rangers of Ithilien stealthwork and archery. The men of Rohan survived because of their horses and their combat skill upon them.

Elrond Vs Glorfindel

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 09:22 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

If it is the Glorfindel from Gondolin I'd say he takes it. Because... well he defeated a balrog, or stood up against one at least. I don't know much about Elronds fighting skills but I've never heard anything that says he's much of a fighter so therefore Glorfindel.

Gwahir Vs. Smaug

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 09:29 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm, well Samug was kinda invulnerable with his armour except for one small weakpoint, and that wasn't very easily exposed. If he finds it Smaug is dead however.....

The Fellowship of the Ring (execluding Gandalf) vs Gandalf the White (with preperation time).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 09:33 PM
vanice
traceur

I think Gwahir is too fast for smaug. the armor doesn't cover the head. I think Gwahir could take it.

Hmm, Gandalf could beat three of them, that is Legolas, Gimly and Aragorn. so he might be able to beat eight as well. but it might get too hard for him to keep an eye on everybody. in the end the fellowship would take it i think...

Boromir vs 15 uruk-hai, no bowmen. just sword and pikemen.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 10:14 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Though his head wasn't very vulnerable, look at the humans, they were helpless against him until the crow told Bard about the weakpoint.
Smaug could simply burn him to crisps....

Boromir most likley. He did face off against an overwhealming amount of orcs at Osgiliath, and he took down awefully manny when he fought them at Amon Hen, and that was with archers. Aragorn could take damn many as well, and though I put Aragorn above him, it's not by much...

Treebeard vs The three hunters. (Legolas, Aragorn, Gimli).

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 10:38 PM
vanice
traceur

I think it will take fire to kill an ent. I think he could trample them by the time it takes to make a fire. gilmy is the only threat really. but I go with treebeard.

Noldor vs. Gondor

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 10:43 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Gondor, because I lack knowledge of the others. stick out tongue (And I wanna reply)

Eomer on his horse with all his equipment vs Gimli with all of his. (No horse)

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 08:58 PM
vanice
traceur

I say Gimly. He Killed warg riders in the movies and he can throw axes (if we're following the movies anyway)

Gimly vs. aragorn in a sumo wrestling game :P

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 09:07 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well Gimli is strong, but he might just be to short to win. (Unless he trips him or something, I suck at Sumo rules, I don't know what applies really).

Legolas in a competition of being the best archer in Middle-Earth. Does he win?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 09:12 PM
vanice
traceur

you mean like ever? I guess so.. Either him or the guy Túrin met. don't remember his real name..

sam, with his fryingpan vs. 5 goblins

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 09:25 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Hmm, well he couldn't really parry their strikes effectivley, and they can climb walls and are decently fast. I say he gets overpowered by their sheer numbers.

Aragorn in ROTK, with Narsil and all and his armor, vs the cave troll in Moria?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 09:50 PM
vanice
traceur

I'd say the cavetroll. In th book he has Narsil in Moria, but then. There's no troll so you can't really say. But the troll is too big for one single human to beat. I don't think he will manege.

Gothmog vs. Glarung

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 10:07 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

Well I bet a dragon might be a little big for him, but on the other side, didn't a human beat him? (Or someone else?)

Witch King vs 2 Nazguls!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 03:17 PM
vanice
traceur

hmm, this is sick.. if they have lost their immortality, of course, it could be some fight. I guess the two of them would win by sheer numbers..

The fellowship Vs. the thirteen dwarwes in Bilbo (armed)
(Gandalf is in the fellowship)

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 05:56 PM