KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Pixar Sequels

Pixar Sequels
Started by: jcvaldez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jcvaldez

Pixar Sequels

Pixar has a list of animated sequels to their hit movies:

Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Monsters Inc 2

But in my opinion the only Pixar film that deserves a sequel is The Incredibles. I know Brad Bird won't go for it, but to me the others had a complete story and a sequel would just cheapen the original. Even though Toy Story already had a sequel. The Incredibles ended on a big high, and it left so many possibilities for another film.

What do you guys think?

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 05:18 AM
jcvaldez is currently offline Click here to Send jcvaldez a Private Message Find more posts by jcvaldez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wouldn't want a sequel to any of my favourite Pixar films, including The Incredibles. Leave them as stand alone films.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 08:56 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Monsters Inc, 2? What, where, when?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 09:28 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Re: Pixar Sequels

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jcvaldez
Pixar has a list of animated sequels to their hit movies:

Toy Story 3
Cars 2
Monsters Inc 2

But in my opinion the only Pixar film that deserves a sequel is The Incredibles. I know Brad Bird won't go for it, but to me the others had a complete story and a sequel would just cheapen the original. Even though Toy Story already had a sequel. The Incredibles ended on a big high, and it left so many possibilities for another film.

What do you guys think?

I agree with everything you said, except I would have worded it a bit differently. Instead of typing "another film" I would have typed, "another movie." erm

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 06:55 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

There's gonna be Monsters Inc. sequel?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 08:30 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apparently it's 'in development' for a 2012 release.

quote:
I agree with everything you said, except I would have worded it a bit differently. Instead of typing "another film" I would have typed, "another movie."

Are you American then? It's F.I.L.M here in Engerlund. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 10:01 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

The only Pixar movies that have sequels are Toy Story and Cars, Monsters Inc has not confirmed to have a sequel (not to my knowledge) the next films are Bear and the bow, Toy story 3 and Newt...no Monsters Inc 2?

Originally posted by MildPossession
Apparently it's 'in development' for a 2012 release.

/surprised.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2009 11:27 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by MildPossession

Not going to lie, I usually call it movie, as well. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 17th, 2009 06:34 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Toy Story 3 is going to be amazing.

I feel 2 was superior to 1, despite not having that "nothing like it" feel. Better story, better gags, interesting new characters and brought the other toys in the limelight.

Probably going to have another franchise with 3 > 2 > 1.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 11:47 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by lord xyz
Probably going to have another franchise with 3 > 2 > 1.

What was the first?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 01:17 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Not going to lie, I usually call it movie, as well.

Me too. stick out tongue I use Film most, but Movie for things like Summer blockbusters. I mean, you wouldn't see me calling something like Breathless a movie, no no no no.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 05:42 PM
Prince Nauj
Bebop

a bugs life 2 would be good

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 10:03 PM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
What was the first?
Harry Potter

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 06:37 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

okay. so far, there is only ONE pixar sequel. that was toy story 2, and it was amazingly good. more funny that the first, in my opinion.

as a generalization, pixar makes original films. therefore, the original-ness HAS to apply if they're going to make sequels.

in toy story two, we were introduced to new characters with a new evil plot and they all fit.

so, what would you expect from a sequel right now like monsters, inc. 2?
they've already saved the factory, all the problems that we know about in monsters inc. canon are all okey-dokey. we saw that monsters in the human world are outcasts, so doing something like this the other way around would be a mess.

but. any sequel coming out of that place will be good. after all, they're not disney.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2009 02:40 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

It's odd how Pixar doesn't announce a sequel to the only film that actually warrants one, The Incredibles.

I'm not saying any of these sequels will be bad. I'm just saying The Incredibles is the most obvious to make sequels from.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 03:36 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

Only "The Incredibles" needs a sequel.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2009 03:10 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote