KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » anybody else feel the same way about The Pirates sequals?

anybody else feel the same way about the Pirates sequals?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
yes I did not care for the sequals. 5 21.74%
No I really loved the sequals. 18 78.26%
Total: 23 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

anybody else feel the same way about The Pirates sequals?
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Question anybody else feel the same way about The Pirates sequals?

That they just dont have the magic and charm that the original had? I just did not enjoy the sequals at all.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 07:46 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

umm just letting you know..most people in here will say they were awesome!!!!!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 11:03 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyofLight
Walk into the Light

I actually did like the sequels

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 11:09 PM
LadyofLight is currently offline Click here to Send LadyofLight a Private Message Find more posts by LadyofLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hambah
Not posting much anymore

I said I liked them because I liked the second one, as well as the first. But I hardly liked the third.

"You'd better hurry up, they'll be waiting for 'the Chosen Captain' --- 'the Boy Who Scored' --- whatever they call you these days."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2007 11:15 PM
Hambah is currently offline Click here to Send Hambah a Private Message Find more posts by Hambah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

i heart the sequels. especially and foremost, the 3rd movie. sorry Mr Parker....MAN-SPIDER!!! HAHA!!

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 01:44 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

OHYEAH! You're the guy that pm'ed about the man spider and whatnot with the home made cartridges... yup..

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:07 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

lol looks like you got around, huh Mr Parker? lol

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:09 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
!!tangerines!!

i liked the 2nd movie better once id seen the 3rd one.

This space is no longer blank.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 02:24 AM
!!tangerines!! is currently offline Click here to Send !!tangerines!! a Private Message Find more posts by !!tangerines!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sparrowlady68

I like the 3rd movie better.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 04:32 AM
sparrowlady68 is currently offline Click here to Send sparrowlady68 a Private Message Find more posts by sparrowlady68 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
!!tangerines!!

me too and the first one.....................and the 2nd one...lol

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 04:40 AM
!!tangerines!! is currently offline Click here to Send !!tangerines!! a Private Message Find more posts by !!tangerines!! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mrs Fish

I love sequals!
Not so exited abut the second movie,(I blame the lack of Barbossa) but I really loved the third!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 07:17 PM
Mrs Fish is currently offline Click here to Send Mrs Fish a Private Message Find more posts by Mrs Fish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

I LOVED 1&2.......and 3! LOL!

IMO the third could've been better but I still loved it to pieces. I've seen it so many times I can't even count.
The Jack wackiness, the Barbossa bits and Elizabeth's transormation has me hooked.

But it's not my fave...I dunno if I love DMC cause of Sparrabeth or COTBP because it was so original that ot blew my mind???

I'm really stuck between the two...STILL LOVE AWE THOUGH!! WHOOT!

Freedom...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 07:47 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joanjoan

I love COTBP the most smile I love DMC for hot J/E moments but there's too much Bootstrap's story there. I must say I love AWE too big grin but I hate the ending. There was not enough Jack there. He shouldn't have ended where he'd started. The last W/E scenes makes me very angry. I'm a little bit worried about POTC 4. It won't be before 2009. I think they should have made Jack the most important character of POTC3.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2007 09:03 PM
joanjoan is currently offline Click here to Send joanjoan a Private Message Find more posts by joanjoan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
umm just letting you know..most people in here will say they were awesome!!!!!

Yeah I should have thought more about that before making the thread.I guess I should put this in the movie discussion section where the people will be more objective about it.Thanks for bringing that up,I did not think about that.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2007 07:50 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I loved the original POTC...i was crazy about the second one until the thrid one came out...I hated the third one and the way it all turned out put a damper on the second one for me...I mean don't get me wrong there are parts that I enjoyed...but Curse of the Black Pearl remains the best of the three...and it grossed the least amount of money out of the three....

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 02:18 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ditte3

I loved the original one:it was so good,fuuny full of sunshine.I loved the second:it was a bit darker though,but I loved sparrabeth,and it was funny and so meningful.I didn't like thethird that much.It wasn't well edited,and lecked mostly sparrabeth,and a crap ending it has.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2007 09:43 AM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
!!tangerines!!

i love all of them.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2007 03:41 AM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think they were very important. If you can say they were better than nonPotC movies then it means yes. It's not the movie of the year to toss out.

The other questions are what movies should they had made, did they manage to completely ruin 1 (and how all,) and what kinds of things could they have accomplished otherwise. Not that you'll be able to answer that right away, though.

The problem is that it's like sometimes all you want to watch/like/think @ is PotC, but maybe it's just a favorite.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 01:53 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Yeah I should have thought more about that before making the thread.I guess I should put this in the movie discussion section where the people will be more objective about it.Thanks for bringing that up,I did not think about that.

well...yeah...shoulda thought about it, but i agree with you completely...not that I don't love the others....but i noticed that distinct lake of magic that I believe came from them trying to make POTC the best thing since.....cookies....

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 03:15 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

The sequels just get too busy at times. Nothing can compare to the first time you see something, especially if it's different. There hadn't been a pirate movie out for years and years, let alone one with as much uniqueness as COTBP. It would be near impossible to make people feel that newness in any sequel no matter how good it was.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 03:38 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote