KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Verbinksi Abandons Pirates Ship

Verbinksi Abandons Pirates Ship
Started by: Tramps Lady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tramps Lady
Blaine

Verbinksi Abandons Pirates Ship

Pirates Of The Caribbean filmmaker Gore Verbinski has dealt the franchise a further blow - he's followed in the footsteps of Keira Knightley by pulling out of the forthcoming instalment in the blockbuster series.

Knightley announced last month she has turned down the chance to reprise her role as aristocrat-turned-swashbuckler Elizabeth Swann.

And now Verbinski - who directed the hugely successful first three films - has informed Disney and producer Jerry Bruckheimer that he won’t be returning to helm the latest offering.

He tells Variety, "I had a fantastic time bringing 'Pirates' to life, and I am eternally grateful to Jerry, Johnny and the rest of the creative and production team. I'm looking forward to all of us crossing paths again in the future."

The Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy has taken more than $2.6 billion (£1.7 billion) in box office receipts across the world.

Johnny Depp has already agreed to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in the fourth film, which is due to start shooting in 2010.

From IMDB

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 01:19 PM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

eh? due to start shooting only next year?

not to be a "nudge" (heh), but, postpone everything more and soon there would be no fans left to wait for the movie.

OH SNAP GORE JUST SAID BUH-BYE.

Think we'll all be doomed? *frowns*

I thought he did a great job... I wonder who they'd get to replace the guy...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 02:08 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I'm pretty nervous about this upcoming movie. I don't know. I just don't think it's going to be any good. Jack and Barbossa are great characters and Johnny and Geoffrey really give it their all, but I think they need the whole ensemble for an entire movie to work. Don't you agree we love them best when they're interacting with the other characters we love? Now with Gore leaving, and Gore had a pretty detailed vision of what he wanted, I'm not sure this fourth movie is going to be in the same spirit as the first two or even the third one. Hollywood's forgotten it's best to quit when you're ahead.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 06:17 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToddianGirl
Rumors are EVIL!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I'm pretty nervous about this upcoming movie. I don't know. I just don't think it's going to be any good. Jack and Barbossa are great characters and Johnny and Geoffrey really give it their all, but I think they need the whole ensemble for an entire movie to work. Don't you agree we love them best when they're interacting with the other characters we love? Now with Gore leaving, and Gore had a pretty detailed vision of what he wanted, I'm not sure this fourth movie is going to be in the same spirit as the first two or even the third one. Hollywood's forgotten it's best to quit when you're ahead.

You and me both Wilo I'm scared very scared. To Johnny: GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and save yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is the mystery,the silence under the sea.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2009 07:25 PM
ToddianGirl is currently offline Click here to Send ToddianGirl a Private Message Find more posts by ToddianGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Originally posted by ToddianGirl
You and me both Wilo I'm scared very scared. To Johnny: GET OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and save yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*agrees*

To Jerry B.: Abandon it. Don't wreck it for yourselves like you kinda sorta did it for us... besides, you don't want this to be a flop, right?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 01:56 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

EPIC FAIL.

No, seriously.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 02:10 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

hm.

think we still have hope?

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2009 02:49 AM
Tramps Lady
Blaine

see...

I'm actually looking quite forward to seeing how it will turn out, because i love the series.

But we all love the whole cast from the previous movies, even us sparrabeth shippers love orlando and his portrayal of will...or I do anyway.

So I am looking really forward to this movie, as I cried watching the trailer to the 3rd movie, coz i realised that the franchise is over, but i screamed when i saw they were making a 4th movie.

Although, i think this may not be the best of things, not only are some of the cast that we love not in the movie, but one of our favourite directors is no longer directing.

So...I'm kinda in the middle....

<3 21 JumpStreet <3

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 01:14 AM
Tramps Lady is currently offline Click here to Send Tramps Lady a Private Message Find more posts by Tramps Lady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

It depends who takes over.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 01:43 AM
Bwa Ha Ha is currently offline Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

I wanna know who takes over.

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 01:37 PM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

Well, if johnny is it, its gonna be amazing.

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 08:26 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

yeah, but its still a matter of who directs. Jerry+Johnny is still a formidable team, but I can't help but worry... director is a very important spot...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 10:19 PM
Bwa Ha Ha

So true.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 12:57 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Originally posted by ibd4eva
Well, if johnny is it, its gonna be amazing.

I wish I had your faith. There are less than a handful of movies with Johnny that I find repugnant and you just can't get me to watch them. But as Jack? Of course I'll go see him as Jack. I'm crazy-in-love with Jack. But as for story and quality and development, I'm really nervous. I'm like what someone mentioned earlier: I need the rest of the cast (even Will) there. Do we know if T&T are going to write it on their own? What if Steven Spielberg or someone like that takes over and the movie loses all the darkness and pirate-ness of the first three? I'm still nervous.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 03:13 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

LMAO

POTC: Attack of Jaws

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 09:54 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

LMAO! That would be priceless.

POTC 4: Gibbs Phones Home

(Gibbs and Jack are on the Pearl sharpening swords when Jack cuts himself by accident)

Jack: Ouch!

Gibbs: (finger lights up and touches Jack's cut) Ooooouuuuuccccchhhh.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 01:59 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

ROFL

POTC: The Lost World

Will: Aww, look at the cute lil'....

*Dino chomps off Will's hand*

Old Post Apr 14th, 2009 04:03 PM
Jaeh
Possibly here.

laughing out loud

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 06:57 AM
Bwa Ha Ha

big grin

People should do more of these!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 10:48 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

POTC 4: Raiders of the Lost Treasure

Just imagine it, Jack with a whip. That in itself will draw a huge crowd of screaming fangirls. Look out for the giant stone ball that could crush you, Jack! Whew, he's okay!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 01:58 PM