KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Apprentice (UK version)

The Apprentice (UK version)
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

The Apprentice

The big boss is back with a new members who want to be his Apprentice. This years show looks better then last year seeing Alan suger kicking there butts stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 06:45 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I'll specify you mean the UK version.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 07:13 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I can't believe Alan Sugar had a go at the BBC recently for putting him forward as a miserly tight fisted arse. Says they (the producers of the show which has given him more publicity, and a bit more money, than he would have had otherwise) deliberatedly miss out on his comedic charm and the fact that he is a nice bloke in the final edit. If you've ever seen him in an interview outside of the show you'll know the guy can't crack a line and has such a sullen sense of humour he almost deserves his rep.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2008 10:33 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

yes i heard it on the news

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 01:07 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

How different is the UK version from the American version?

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 26th, 2008 09:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superr

i think the format is almost the same.But Sir Alan Sugar is very different to Donald Trump
He dosent deal in charm and barely knows what a smile is.He calls it like it is and if you deserve to be called a fool thats what you get.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 05:27 PM
superr is currently offline Click here to Send superr a Private Message Find more posts by superr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superr

A S has no compunction saying---
Dont come here saying your like me, your not
This is a total shambles
Im sick of the site of you
Your a complete idiot
to the contenders

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 05:46 PM
superr is currently offline Click here to Send superr a Private Message Find more posts by superr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

lol I love how he sends them out telling them one is going to be fired. Says to his assitant guys ok lets bring them back in and fire one of them. I think he just takes the show very serious considering one of them ends up working for him, it may be a reality show of sorts but at the end of the day he is looking for an employee, some one who can make him even more stinking rich.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 06:23 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Also it showos how depraved Capitalism has become =]

Old Post Mar 27th, 2008 06:54 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superr

Nick the accountant shows a glimmer of humanity now and then but i wouldnt want to meet Alan s lady assistant down a dark alley.
AS A S put it to a contender.
"If you dont like it ,its not for you ,this is business this is what we do."

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 07:34 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The ironic thing about Alan Sugar not being happy with his portrayal as a curmudgeon is that... that is actually what makes him popular. Secretly everyone loves a bad guy like him (who is successful for a reasoN!) to call a spade a spade and cut some of those egos down to size.

Of course his own ego could crush mountains but you feel he's earned it.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 28th, 2008 11:38 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oakling

quote: (post)
Originally posted by superr
i think the format is almost the same.But Sir Alan Sugar is very different to Donald Trump
He dosent deal in charm and barely knows what a smile is.He calls it like it is and if you deserve to be called a fool thats what you get.

Sounds kind of like Trump + Carolyn; she was always the one on the US Apprentice (back in the day before the old idiot fired her!!) who called it like it was. She wasn't afraid to interrupt some whining apprentice with "You were wrong! You were wrong, you were wrong, you were wrong." Much better than Trump's deluded and smarmy attempts to play the apprentices off each other and favor them based on their personalities.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 07:15 PM
oakling is currently offline Click here to Send oakling a Private Message Find more posts by oakling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiex

I am so addicted to The UK Apprentice..though I think the lot on this series are pretty weak!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2008 10:52 AM
debbiex is currently offline Click here to Send debbiex a Private Message Find more posts by debbiex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

Just watching these idiots muddle there way though there tasks makes me laugh. But in the cold light of day it shows these people had no experience of life as they come straight out of university thinking they know it all. This country is heading for a big fall letting these folk run the show. I say, work your way up the ladder from the bottom and not just slot in because you got good grades.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 04:03 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Err, quite of a lot of them HAVE come from the bottom (the first series winner made his way up from working in the Underground).

And it seems to make for as much arrogance as going via the uni route, btw.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 05:57 PM
Koenig

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Err, quite of a lot of them HAVE come from the bottom (the first series winner made his way up from working in the Underground).

And it seems to make for as much arrogance as going via the uni route, btw.

Well then, we're boned.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 07:56 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I have a natural sense of superiority. I should go on The Apprentice.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:35 AM