KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Riches

The Riches
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

The Riches

F/X's new show about travelers whom assume the identity of a dead family, the Riches.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jun 7th, 2007 10:26 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Mini Driver is wasting what little talent she has.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 11:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

It's not bad.

I hate Mini Driver though.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 03:15 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

I checked out the first season and LOVED the dark humor and deceit. The show is coming back 3/18! Did anyone else catch last season's finale?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 04:47 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think this show has a unique concept for a dark comedy. As much as i like eddie izzard and mini driver. I despise drivers character in the show and i think Izzard tries to hard at times. I'm not trying to discredit these actors. I think if the show would get more seasoned Directors and writers. there would be something worth watching. It just isn't very funny.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 12:19 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Oooo, I love this show long time.
The season finale was great! Cant wait to see what happens with Dale, and it will prove interesting to see what the next door neighbor does, seeing as she knows their true identities!!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 12:46 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howca

I can't wait either, very good show!

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 04:06 AM
howca is currently offline Click here to Send howca a Private Message Find more posts by howca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tex
Oooo, I love this show long time.
The season finale was great! Cant wait to see what happens with Dale, and it will prove interesting to see what the next door neighbor does, seeing as she knows their true identities!!

I know, that's the biggest question mark for me: how can they continue to be the Riches? Do they blackmail the neighbor, or will the neighbor be somehow indebted to them for something? The logical thing would be to leave entirely, but the RV's broken. I honestly have no idea where they're going to go, your guess is as good as mine! I need to know. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 04:28 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm a fan of Izzard, but I can't stand Minnie Driver, so that has put me off watching this so far.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2008 11:42 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

To be honest, I used to dislike Minnie Driver, but she's won me over with The Riches. Her acting ability has really impressed me, and her character is the most interesting one on this show, imo. She gets out of prison in the pilot and has a new perspective about raising her kids as con artists, and then there's the added problem of Dale blackmailing her because she's violating her parole. Her character is the most conflicted, and it's been interesting to see her tackle her problems head on this season, especially since she can capture such a complex character in her acting.

There's another new episodes tonight!

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 03:10 PM
oakling

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
To be honest, I used to dislike Minnie Driver, but she's won me over with The Riches. Her acting ability has really impressed me, and her character is the most interesting one on this show, imo. She gets out of prison in the pilot and has a new perspective about raising her kids as con artists, and then there's the added problem of Dale blackmailing her because she's violating her parole. Her character is the most conflicted, and it's been interesting to see her tackle her problems head on this season, especially since she can capture such a complex character in her acting.

You hit the nail right on the head here. All the acting on this show is really incredible, but I didn't think I'd be able to stand Minnie Driver until I saw what she could do with good scripts and directing and some creative freedom smile

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 06:35 PM
oakling is currently offline Click here to Send oakling a Private Message Find more posts by oakling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

Tonight's the season finale! I'm betting Quinn blackmails Wayne into giving him money from that real estate deal, now that he has Cael at the Traveller camp as a potential hostage. The preview I saw for the episode looked awesome.

I'm hoping this gets picked up for a third season so I'm going to get all my friends to watch it too. This show is too original and entertaining to stop now.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 09:24 PM