KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » Protector of the Keyblade, Sora

Protector of the Keyblade, Sora
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Protector of the Keyblade, Sora

Sora is the primary protagonist of the Kingdom Hearts series, and the character that the player has direct control over throughout almost the entire series.

Sora's weapon is the Keyblade. Though not the original wielder of the Keyblade, Sora was chosen over Riku because Sora chose light, while Riku opened himself to darkness. Over the course of the games, Sora grows older and matures. He is voiced by Haley Joel Osment in the English version and Miyu Irino in the Japanese version.

At the beginning of the series, Sora is 14 years old and lives on Destiny Islands along with his two friends, Riku and Kairi. When their world is attacked by a group of corrupted hearts known as the Heartless, the three are separated. During the invasion, he obtains the Keyblade. Soon after, Sora meets Donald Duck and Goofy, who join him on his search for his friends. To blend in with the inhabitants of the various worlds they visit, the group's appearances are altered by either Donald's magic or, in Kingdom Hearts II, by Sora's magical clothes. Some examples include a dolphin-like merman and a brown lion cub. Sora later meets Riku on several occasions, but the two clash over saving Kairi. Riku is later possessed by Ansem, Xehanort's Heartless. After fighting him, Sora sacrifices himself to restore Kairi's heart to her body, and becomes a Heartless. Soon after, he is brought back by Kairi. Sora, Donald, and Goofy then fight and defeat Ansem, and with the help of Riku and King Mickey on the other side, they seal the door to Kingdom Hearts.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy then resolve to find Riku and the King. While traveling they find a fortress known as Castle Oblivion. Upon entering, they begin to lose their memories and Sora's memories begin to be manipulated by the Organization that is controlling the castle. The Organization use Naminé to make Sora forget Kairi and replace his memories of her with herself. Sora discovers the truth behind the events that have taken place and after defeating the Organization members, he meets with Naminé. She puts Sora, Donald, and Goofy to sleep for one year to restore his memories to their state prior to entering Castle Oblivion. The three awake a year later in Twilight Town and learn about the Nobodies and Organization XIII. Sora also obtains a new ability, "Drive Form", from the fairies Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, which allows him to transform into more powerful forms and access to new abilities. Sora and the others begin their quest to confront Organization XIII. They eventually find King Mickey and Riku who assist in fighting the organization's leader, Xemnas. Sora and Riku are separated from the others to fight Xemnas one last time. After defeating him they find their way back to Destiny Islands, where they are reunited with Kairi, Donald, Goofy and Mickey.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:08 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

(please log in to view the image)

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:09 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sora himself is cool. but the whole keyblade thing has lost it's luster.

Everyone and there mother has a keyblade in KH:II.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:12 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

True.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 10:08 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
Sora himself is cool. but the whole keyblade thing has lost it's luster.

Everyone and there mother has a keyblade in KH:II.

Even Donald?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 08:41 PM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Besides Roxas, there are only 3 people who have their own keyblades. Those 3 are Sora, Mickey, and Riku. The one given to Kairi was just given to her temporarily to use.

Secondly, some people (especially those who make topics very often) should get into the habit of doing topic searches. It's getting boring reminding people to do topic searches (when they apparently don't even know how to). Vinny made this one the day the respect forum was made.

Maybe we'll meet again...
Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:11 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why do those 5 people get to use it at all? Isn't it supposed to be weapon of the chosen one? Wasn't Riku denied the Keyblade in the first one? Why does weak Kairi get it at all? Give her a normal weapon.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:15 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't choose who's physically strong. It chooses the person with the strongest heart (because power is what's inside the keyblade, it does not give the wielder courage, the wielder must already have a strong heart. If it was to pick a coward, well...you can figure that out). There are also different kinds of keyblades. The Keyblade of light (Sora's) Keyblade of Darkness (Riku's....I think) I don't know every detail though.

And "protector of keyblade" lulz

Since when did the keyblade have a protector or need protection?

Wandering Flame (one of the best pieces in the Final Fantasy X soundtrack) happy

Last edited by Wandering Flame on Jan 10th, 2008 at 12:25 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:22 AM
Wandering Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Wandering Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Wandering Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it chooses the person with the strongest heart.. then why is there 5 people who can wield? They can't all be the strongest.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:41 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

When I said strongest I meant it would choose between two people (like Sora and Rikku) it terms of who has the stronger heart. I guess I didn't word it right.

There are mysteries still roaming around about kayblades and whatnot. We'll just have to wait and see.

Square's also working on this Xbox 360 RPG called Infinite Undiscovery. You've seen the trailer? Looks badass.

Gameplay though seems a bit...I don't know...character physics suck I guess.

Edit: L0L I said "kayblades"...

And I misspelled Riku twice.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:46 AM
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sora is supposed to be 14 in the first KH but he acts and talks like an 8 year old. Major improvement in KH2, but he still acts like a retard sometimes (i.e when Sora wakes up starts dancing around) but I guess that's what you get for partnering with Disney.

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 01:51 AM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Originally posted by Wandering Flame
Besides Roxas, there are only 3 people who have their own keyblades. Those 3 are Sora, Mickey, and Riku. The one given to Kairi was just given to her temporarily to use.

Secondly, some people (especially those who make topics very often) should get into the habit of doing topic searches. It's getting boring reminding people to do topic searches (when they apparently don't even know how to). Vinny made this one the day the respect forum was made.

Tyurru has a Keyblade.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:23 AM
Sol Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Sol Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Sol Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Furion
Sora is supposed to be 14 in the first KH but he acts and talks like an 8 year old. Major improvement in KH2, but he still acts like a retard sometimes (i.e when Sora wakes up starts dancing around) but I guess that's what you get for partnering with Disney.
Rejoicing with friends you haven't seen for a year hardly equates to dancing around like a retard after waking up.

And with all due respect, Disney haters = pains all around the body.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 02:46 AM
Sol Valentine
~Magnificent Ruffian~

Will Square ever go depper into SoraXKairi?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 02:48 AM
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

Most we'll see is them kissing, like in a bunch of romanticized Disney movies.

Most young KH fans would probably get woodies from that though.

And Kairi would look close to a mature women like the other princesses of hearts.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 02:58 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Will Square ever go depper into SoraXKairi?

Like Naruto Sakura?

Like Naruto and Sasuke, so many more Fanfics and comic and Sora & Riku than Sora & Kairi

Old Post Jan 11th, 2008 02:59 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Furion
Restricted

Account Restricted

If I haven't seen friends in 10 years I wouldn't hold hands and dance like a retard.
KH1 Sora was horrible. His voice was.....gay and he liked to grin like a retard.
I loves Disney. They made Jack Sparrow.

I'm here to kick ass and play videogames....and I'm all out of ass.
Thanks amity75 for the sig

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 05:41 PM
Furion is currently offline Click here to Send Furion a Private Message Find more posts by Furion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wandering Flame
Restricted

Account Restricted

I guess three people holding hands forming a circle have no other way of dancing than like retards, so I can't blame them.

And so now his grin is retarded..right. You've just lost your credibility there.

For a lover of Disney, you sure like to treat Disney characters as if they were retards.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 11:40 AM
Bro SMASH

It would have been awesome if Sora was in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Mar 13th, 2015 06:19 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Holy hell, you necro'd the hell out of this thread, dude.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 17th, 2015 07:07 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote