KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Winter Soldier (Spoilers)

Winter Soldier (Spoilers)
Started by: CasanoVa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Citizen V.

Winter Soldier (Spoilers)

As we all know he's been back, for quite a while now, as we've seen how he's progressed (rather than just condemning the move from the start), what do the posters of KMC think about him being brought back?

And how he's being treated?

I personally really like it, he's probably my joint favourite character at the moment (the other being Iron Fist, coincidentally also penned by Ed Brubaker).

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Also, did you see the way he took down Black Widow in Captain America 27? Pretty darn impressive IMO

(please log in to view the image)

The lesson kids? Communism is for pussies.

Last edited by Citizen V. on Jun 23rd, 2007 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 06:52 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CasanoVa
As we all know he's been back, for quite a while now, as we've seen how he's progressed (rather than just condemning the move from the start), what do the posters of KMC think about him being brought back?

I personally really like it, he's probably my joint favourite character at the moment (the other being Iron Fist, coincidentally also penned by Ed Brubaker).

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Also, did you see the way he took down Black Widow in Captain America 27? Pretty darn impressive IMO

Indeed it is.

Most attempts of bringing back Bucky sucked ass , save this ( a little comic-booky , but what could be expected ? ) and another one (some kind of huge crossover involving Lady Death , Tony screwing up on a bomb which wiped out a galaxy and Dr Druid getting pwned by Dracula) .

Winter Soldier is a bitter, angry ******* whos not too angsty and just enough bad-ass to enough to get a decent 8/10 on anything he touches

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 07:09 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by grey fox
Indeed it is.

Most attempts of bringing back Bucky sucked ass , save this ( a little comic-booky , but what could be expected ? ) and another one (some kind of huge crossover involving Lady Death , Tony screwing up on a bomb which wiped out a galaxy and Dr Druid getting pwned by Dracula) .

Winter Soldier is a bitter, angry ******* whos not too angsty and just enough bad-ass to enough to get a decent 8/10 on anything he touches

Alot of people were complaining about how Bucky was one of those "can't ever bring back" characters, how it shits over his "death" etc. but I think they have really pulled it off. They've taken a dead character and replaced him with a totally enthralling one, which I never have any complaints about.

He's definetly extremely bad-ass though, he took down Cross-Bones with extreme ease and now beat Black Widow, he also held his own against Cap, thats pretty impressive.

I do hope he sticks around, because Brubaker really did work wonders with his revival (whereas it could have been like Jason Todd's and been utter shite).

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 07:53 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Alot of people were complaining about how Bucky was one of those "can't ever bring back" characters, how it shits over his "death" etc. but I think they have really pulled it off. They've taken a dead character and replaced him with a totally enthralling one, which I never have any complaints about.

He's definetly extremely bad-ass though, he took down Cross-Bones with extreme ease and now beat Black Widow, he also held his own against Cap, thats pretty impressive.

I do hope he sticks around, because Brubaker really did work wonders with his revival (whereas it could have been like Jason Todd's and been utter shite).

Too true, Jasons was a complete rip-off.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 07:59 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Re: Winter Soldier (Spoilers)

And he wasn't even looking at her. eek!

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 08:16 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

I just finished reading Cap#27 Winter Soldier is bad ass and I love the fact hes out to get Tony.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 08:27 PM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
outavodka
Il Cut You B!tch!!!!

Re: Winter Soldier (Spoilers)

HE helped train her

Drivin a fast car listening to Deftones baby. Cred to Rewmac for this sick sig!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 08:32 PM
outavodka is currently offline Click here to Send outavodka a Private Message Find more posts by outavodka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by Hercules
I just finished reading Cap#27 Winter Soldier is bad ass and I love the fact hes out to get Tony.

I hope he does get Tony, I hope he gets Tony bang to rights and could kill him and then just decides not to. To let him live in shame of knowing that he'd basically robbed the world of the greatest man to ever walk on its soil.

It's pretty cool that he's basically got an ongoing (well half of one) and I'm far more interested about the Winter Soldier story than the Sharon Carter one to be honest.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 08:56 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Hercules

Everybody is out to get Tony, thing is Tony Stark isn't going anywhere.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 09:37 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I hope he does get Tony, I hope he gets Tony bang to rights and could kill him and then just decides not to. To let him live in shame of knowing that he'd basically robbed the world of the greatest man to ever walk on its soil.

It's pretty cool that he's basically got an ongoing (well half of one) and I'm far more interested about the Winter Soldier story than the Sharon Carter one to be honest.

Totally agree. Bucky rocks at the moment. The only way to make it better is to pick up the speed with the whole correspondence with Nick Fury. I love that (With the exception of killing Stark) Bucky is following Fury's orders (Unless Fury's a Skrull or something).

Overall Captain America is by far the best comic out there at the moment yes

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 09:48 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

That's pretty much what's going to happen erm

He'll use some kind of EMP or something to knock out Tony's armor, and then just beat the crap out of him.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2007 10:25 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by willRules
Totally agree. Bucky rocks at the moment. The only way to make it better is to pick up the speed with the whole correspondence with Nick Fury. I love that (With the exception of killing Stark) Bucky is following Fury's orders (Unless Fury's a Skrull or something).

Overall Captain America is by far the best comic out there at the moment yes

Unless Bucky himself is a Skrull and the rule about Bucky "never coming back" still applies. So far I like the character, hes not a kiss ass.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 12:45 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

I was so gonna make a thread like thois for Jason.

Tilll i saw that everyone despises him bar me.

If there is a cross-over i would like these two top meet,not necessarily fight,but a discussion between the two would be nice.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 09:53 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by grey fox
Too true, Jasons was a complete rip-off.

didn't Jason get resurrected before Bucky?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 09:54 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by Martian_mind
I was so gonna make a thread like thois for Jason.

Tilll i saw that everyone despises him bar me.

If there is a cross-over i would like these two top meet,not necessarily fight,but a discussion between the two would be nice.

Pfft.. I don't despise Jason Todd, his revival was just unnecessary (imo) and badly done, whereas Bucky's was very well done. In my eyes, Bucky is what Jason Todd wishes he was.

It wouldn't be fair for them to fight anyways, 'cause Bucky would obviously own him, it wouldn't be fair roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 10:00 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Pfft.. I don't despise Jason Todd, his revival was just unnecessary (imo) and badly done, whereas Bucky's was very well done. In my eyes, Bucky is what Jason Todd wishes he was.

It wouldn't be fair for them to fight anyways, 'cause Bucky would obviously own him, it wouldn't be fair roll eyes (sarcastic)

Buckies was better done,but just as unessecary.

My ass he would.Bucky was put in cold storage,a 12 yr old Jason woke up six foot under with broken limbs and dug his way out with a fuggin nutcracker. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 10:02 AM
Citizen V.

Buckies was better done,but just as unessecary.

My ass he would.Bucky was put in cold storage,a 12 yr old Jason woke up six foot under with broken limbs and dug his way out with a fuggin nutcracker. stick out tongue

Yeah, I'm glad we agree far better done. And very necessary I reckon, not at the time, but if you look at what they've done with him so far I think they had plenty reason to bring him back (seeing as Brubaker always planned for Captain America to die even at the start of his run).

Please, Bucky would destroy Jason.. Whilst Jason was out galavanting around Gotham City in tight shorts, Bucky was busy killing Nazi soldiers over on the front.

Anbody that's fought in WW2>>>Everybody Else That Didn't.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 10:11 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Yeah, I'm glad we agree far better done. And very necessary I reckon, not at the time, but if you look at what they've done with him so far I think they had plenty reason to bring him back (seeing as Brubaker always planned for Captain America to die even at the start of his run).

Please, Bucky would destroy Jason.. Whilst Jason was out galavanting around Gotham City in tight shorts, Bucky was busy killing Nazi soldiers over on the front.

Anbody that's fought in WW2>>>Everybody Else That Didn't.

Not far better done,he had to alter Buckies history and personality to pul it offf,and while he did that well,it ultimately cheapened the return for me.Also Jason is now one of he Big Three in countdown,and is the one who's busted the monitors,so he is also very necessary.

Plus,Jason killed Captain Nazi,Hitlers ultimate dream,therefore anything Bucky did=fail.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 10:20 AM
Citizen V.

Not far better done,he had to alter Buckies history and personality to pul it offf,and while he did that well,it ultimately cheapened the return for me.Also Jason is now one of he Big Three in countdown,and is the one who's busted the monitors,so he is also very necessary.

Plus,Jason killed Captain Nazi,Hitlers ultimate dream,therefore anything Bucky did=fail.

Countdown = Crap (it really is, I'm still buying it but it's very inferior compared to 52).

Alter Bucky's personality? No, that's called character development erm people change. Alter Bucky's history? No, he didn't at all.. Bucky was only ever presumed dead, there wasn't say a lifeless body laying in Batman's arms.

How was Bucky brought back? Turns out he fell off the planes and was used as an agent by the Soviets, believable IMO.

How was Jason brough back? SBP retcon punch! no expression

Captain Nazi can't be killed anyways, as he's a living symbol of the Nazi party, as long as there are stil Nazis he'll always be around (that's what I percieved anyways).

Bucky punched Hitler.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 10:28 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Countdown = Crap (it really is, I'm still buying it but it's very inferior compared to 52).

Alter Bucky's personality? No, that's called character development erm people change. Alter Bucky's history? No, he didn't at all.. Bucky was only ever presumed dead, there wasn't say a lifeless body laying in Batman's arms.

How was Bucky brought back? Turns out he fell off the planes and was used as an agent by the Soviets, believable IMO.

How was Jason brough back? SBP retcon punch! no expression

Captain Nazi can't be killed anyways, as he's a living symbol of the Nazi party, as long as there are stil Nazis he'll always be around (that's what I percieved anyways).

Bucky punched Hitler.

Doesn't mean it's not important,as you and i once discussed,Civil war was a hunk of crap but the aftershock universe is brilliant.

Yes they did.He was originally just a young enthusiastic sidekick but was retconned into being a Nazi killing machine despite no previous indication.he was retconned as well but in a different way to Todd.

I fail to see how keeping someone frozen using advanced cryogenics in the 1940's and equipping them with a robotic replacement is anymore believable then History being altered by a superpowered person hammering away in a nexus of realities,specially whjen both worlds are populated by gods.

Either way,electrocuting everything Hitler worked for>thyen anything Bucky can ever do.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2007 10:35 AM