KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » No more PIS!?!

No more PIS!?!
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Question No more PIS!?!

What would happen if suddenly PIS was banned from comics?

How would they change and could it work? If so would it be for the better/worse, what would they be like afterward IYO?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 09:01 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

If PIS were to be banned from comics, many of our favorite Super Hero's and Heroines would die. Batman should have died many times but it was PIS that saved him. I think that they should come up with a comic character like Access, and call him PIS.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 09:36 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

Re: No more PIS!?!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Entity
What would happen if suddenly PIS was banned from comics?

How would they change and could it work? If so would it be for the better/worse, what would they be like afterward IYO?

You can throw most (if not all) stories involving high-end Cosmics out the window.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 01:03 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Comics would suddenly become a hell of a lot more realistic, every time a Superhero fought, hundreds of people would die.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 02:56 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Comics would be absolutely terrible. They'd be boring as all hell.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 02:59 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Soljer
Comics would be absolutely terrible. They'd be boring as all hell.

Nah.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 03:10 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

One of the elements to successful storytelling is internal consistency. This is why, eg, though I despise magic in comics, it works so well in, say, something like "Lord of the Rings," because it is faithful to rules established beforehand. Translation: no PIS.

Remove PIS from comics: fanboys will overheat and explode.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:25 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Too bad the gigantic fog light that is Sauron was useless.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:30 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by llagrok
I guess you're saying LOTR has its own share of PIS (no doubt, since magic is involved, after all). Still, the more internally consistent a story is (all else being equal), the better the "suspension of disbelief," and I think LOTR does this better than most comics.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:52 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpiderGauntlet
Not Gay!

Re: Re: No more PIS!?!

Originally posted by Mr Master
You can throw most (if not all) stories involving high-end Cosmics out the window.

Always about the cosmics? confused

http://moglinville.myminicity.com/
I know you want to click it.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:59 PM
SpiderGauntlet is currently offline Click here to Send SpiderGauntlet a Private Message Find more posts by SpiderGauntlet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mak12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SpiderGauntlet
Always about the cosmics? confused
It seems to be all he knows.

But most are lame anyway.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 05:07 PM
Mak12 is currently offline Click here to Send Mak12 a Private Message Find more posts by Mak12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

I would just love to see them make a few stories involving big characters, ex Batman, Spiderman, Superman, Ironman... Without all the stupidity.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo that would love to see more realistic comics and heroes.
That's why I love Heroes so much thou I guess, to me its what comics would be if they were real.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 05:48 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I would just love to see them make a few stories involving big characters, ex Batman,

Shot and killed on the second page of the first issue.

Spiderman,

Accidentally puts his fist through someone's skull - turns himself in and is imprisoned.

Superman,

One of two things. A) See Spiderman B) Beats every villain in metropolis in the span of three panels, and never need produce another comic again.

Ironman...

Heart stopped. End of issue.

Without all the stupidity.

Maybe I'm just a weirdo that would love to see more realistic comics and heroes.
That's why I love Heroes so much thou I guess, to me its what comics would be if they were real.

I'm all for realism in comics, but PIS is a necessary evil. Without it, we couldn't have reasonably entertaining comics.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 06:03 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by llagrok

Wrong.

Sauron (whilst lacking a physical form) was still a heavy-hitter. His new form can communicate telepathically, use illusions, has an incredibly wide range, is (technically) indestructible and has a corrupting influence. Add the fact that (in this form) after obtaining 'The Ring' he essentially becomes an 'Evil God' and you have a Shadow King esque creature.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 06:25 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Shot and killed on the second page of the first issue.

Accidentally puts his fist through someone's skull - turns himself in and is imprisoned.

One of two things. A) See Spiderman B) Beats every villain in metropolis in the span of three panels, and never need produce another comic again.

Heart stopped. End of issue.

I'm all for realism in comics, but PIS is a necessary evil. Without it, we couldn't have reasonably entertaining comics.
Funny comments and I agree Pis is necessary
here are a few others

Magneto kills all the X-men in their first battle against him
Joker is shot in the head
Lex luthor melted by HV
Most of the world is destroyed by the Hulk who seems to destroy a city everytime he is in a comic.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 06:51 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Spiderman dies of cancer after getting bitten by a radioactive Spider.
Bruce Banner gets disintegrated in the first issue.
Fantastic Four die of cancer after returning from space.
big grin

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 07:03 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
Spiderman dies of cancer after getting bitten by a radioactive Spider.
Bruce Banner gets disintegrated in the first issue.
Fantastic Four die of cancer after returning from space.
big grin

Those wouldn't be examples of a lack of PIS, in our sense of terms.

What you named revolves around suspension of disbelief - which is an implied contract whenever you pick up a work of fiction.

Plot induced stupidity, as it were, revolves around vastly contradicting showings. The Flash outracing death to the end of time and being fast enough that, to him, even beings as fast as Superman are simply frozen in time versus....getting stabbed by Deathstroke or tripped by a branch.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 07:10 PM
Darth Martin

Simply put two things: Alot of superheoes would die(Batman, Captain America, Wolverine) and some heroes would never lose(Superman, Flash, and Silver Surfer.)

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 07:14 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Those wouldn't be examples of a lack of PIS, in our sense of terms.

What you named revolves around suspension of disbelief - which is an implied contract whenever you pick up a work of fiction.

Plot induced stupidity, as it were, revolves around vastly contradicting showings. The Flash outracing death to the end of time and being fast enough that, to him, even beings as fast as Superman are simply frozen in time versus....getting stabbed by Deathstroke or tripped by a branch.

Ok how does this apply to Batman being shot in the second page of the first issue?

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 07:17 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

it would CHANGE comic alot....although not necessarily for the worse

Batman would no longer team up with Superman, he'll stick to Gotham mostly

mostly, you'll see less of interactions between vastly different powerleveled characters

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 07:31 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote