KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Which are your favorite Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction Films?

Which are your favorite Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction Films?
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Which are your favorite Post-Apocalyptic Science Fiction Films?

I feel this sub-genre of horror/sci-fi/action doesn't get much recognizition from fans these days. Back in the 80's these films were quite popular because of the cold war. And I think they deserved a revival. Well, here is list of my all time favorites:

Mad Max Trilogy
Escape from New York
Joe D'Amato's EndGame
Steel Dawn
2019 After the Fall of New York
2020 Texas Gladiators
Six String Samurai

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:39 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

For some reason, post-apocalyptic movies are often very very lame even though the concept is cool. I like Road Warrior, and Beyond Thunder Dome was ok I guess, but I hated the original Mad Max. Escape from New York was somewhere between decent and bad (while the 2nd was just awful). Waterworld was another one that was really really shitty.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 06:45 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

FINALLY..a thread with a brain!

Logan's Run
Planet of the Apes (1968)
12 Monkeys
Blade Runner
The Matrix
When Worlds Collide
Dead Quadrilogy

Those are just a few..and..hardly lame..selections. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 07:21 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Omega Man
Planet of the Apes
Logans Run
28 Days Later
Matrix (just the first film)

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 08:48 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Ok, Matrix and 12 Monkeys are 2 of them that I do like.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 06:09 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
romper_stomper

the mad max trilogy of course
and also a great film i seen a while ago called raiders of the sun

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:13 AM
romper_stomper is currently offline Click here to Send romper_stomper a Private Message Find more posts by romper_stomper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Myth
For some reason, post-apocalyptic movies are often very very lame even though the concept is cool. I like Road Warrior, and Beyond Thunder Dome was ok I guess, but I hated the original Mad Max. Escape from New York was somewhere between decent and bad (while the 2nd was just awful). Waterworld was another one that was really really shitty.

Waterworld definitley makes it to my top 10 list of the most shitty movies ever.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 12:54 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Yeah, certain post-apocalyptic films (mostly the ones I mention) are rather cheesy and poorly acted. However, most of this films did not have the necessary budget for production so they occasionally had to change certain aspects of the film and cheapen the production.

Waterworld was to be the promising post-apocalyptic film of the entire genre. It had good actors and a very good budget to back it up. It look like it was going to be very promising. Unfortunally the film was a horrific flop and fail to deliver on all those high expectations. For me the post-apocalypse films of the 80's were the equivalent of those 50's martian films. They were cheesy, but quite entertaining. The great thing about them was the gore factor. And some of them did shock me as horrific...but I was just a 11 year little puke when I saw most of these films. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 02:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

independance day and dream catcher

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 04:46 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Neither of those qualify..

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 05:06 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Those are in no way Post-Apocalyptic. Independence Day is pretty much on the verge of Apocalyptic but not Post-Apocalyptic. I don't see what you mean by listing Dreamcatcher at all. By the way, that is one of the worse and most disappointing movies I have ever seen. My friends and I use it for our scale of shitty movies. Example, we go to a movie and say, "I hope this isn't another Dreamcatcher." Might as well rewatch The Core *shudders*.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2005 10:17 PM
b-dan
Son of Sparda

Those are in no way Post-Apocalyptic. Independence Day is pretty much on the verge of Apocalyptic but not Post-Apocalyptic. I don't see what you mean by listing Dreamcatcher at all. By the way, that is one of the worse and most disappointing movies I have ever seen. My friends and I use it for our scale of shitty movies. Example, we go to a movie and say, "I hope this isn't another Dreamcatcher." Might as well rewatch The Core *shudders*.
lol

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 05:06 AM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Well at least you didn't seem offended by my comments. smile

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 06:01 AM
b-dan
Son of Sparda

Well at least you didn't seem offended by my comments. smile
people have there own oppinions i like dreamcatcher book was better tho ending was diffrent to duddits didnt turne out to be some alien and fight mr gray

Old Post Jul 12th, 2005 04:59 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I just saw Turkey Shot (Escape 2000) and The Bronx Warriors. As cheesy as they are, I find them entertaining to watch. These films are one of a kind. lol!

Old Post Jul 18th, 2005 08:36 PM
star22

Mine would be Blade Runner and Matrix (first one).

I am the Dark Side~ Sig image by Tracyn

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 01:45 AM
star22 is currently offline Click here to Send star22 a Private Message Find more posts by star22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

28 days later
night of the comet
planet of the apes
omega man
mad max
waterworld
escape from new york
romeros dead trilogy
12 monkeys

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2005 01:32 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Luc Besson's "The Last Battle..." its french, but no one speaks in it anyway....

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 09:50 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

outbreak
12 Monkeys
Planet of the Apes
Independance day
Blade Runner
The Matrix
war of the worlds (both, well, the oldest and the newest ones.)

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 10:14 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

12 mokeys was alrite Brad Pitt was awsome in it!!!

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 10:17 PM