KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » any more Joss Whedon ventures coming?

any more Joss Whedon ventures coming?
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

any more Joss Whedon ventures coming?

really enjoyed Firefly/Serenity. the guy's quite prolific so, wondering if there's some more of his work coming?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 01:38 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I think that ship hass sailed.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 12:23 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

dammit.
was reading the comics, brought back how good the show was.

that and Studio 60, two shows that shouldn't have been cancelled.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:56 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Plus Arrested Development; yes, it's a shame. Occasionally the odd rumour about a Serenitiy prequel/sequel surfaces, but I'm sure I've read that Whedon isn't interested in doing another one. He said he was too "close" to Firefly when it was cancelled, that he had to make Serenity to do it justice, but I think he's left it behind now.

There was an MMO in the works though, will take a while in development, if you are interested in that sort of thing.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 01:35 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Close to beyond belief, rumours still persist he is going ahead with Ripper on the BBC.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 09:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

what's an MMO?

can't see "Ripper" going ahead, Buffy tanked (imo) after season 4.
once Dawn came along, the whole series died, not even the injection of Spike made up for it.

saw Serenity, it's what got me to take a look at Firefly in the first place. since sci-fi isn't my genre of preference (don't like ST or its myriad spin-offs nor Star Wars, loved Aliens and Starship Troopers...).

Arrested Development was very funny, really good premise. it's sad but a fact of life that interesting ("quirky") shows usually get cancelled, whilst formulaic stuff tends to win audience quickly - as sound an argument against democracy as any, I guess no expression.

just hope Pushing Daisies improves a little and The Big Bang Theory continues its fine form (my fave comedy at present).

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 11:58 PM
exanda kane

MMO = Massive Multiplayer Online or some such. So it's a computer game, basically. Online an that. Hasn't been much news on its behalf recently though.

I don't think there'll be any more spin offs etc, which is sad. Was a good show.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 01:10 AM
howca

I liked it too but the writing left a little more to be desired. I think the actors were way better than the lines they were given and it could have been a better series overall which may have given it staying power. The scifi channel often times puts out these series with poor writing. I actually never watched it on tv. I netflixed it for something different. I don't think I ever saw any advertising for it which may be a good reason it just didn't really take off. I liked all the cast and can't wait to see where they go from here.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2008 04:01 AM
howca is currently offline Click here to Send howca a Private Message Find more posts by howca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oakling

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
it's sad but a fact of life that interesting ("quirky") shows usually get cancelled, whilst formulaic stuff tends to win audience quickly - as sound an argument against democracy as any, I guess no expression.

Oh cmon - what about My Name is Earl, The Office, How I Met Your Mother, Scrubs, Doctor Who... each one is super-quirky and they're by no means the only ones around. AD should have gone on forever as far as I'm concerned, but I don't think it's as simple as quirky vs. formulaic. Fox failed to advertise or support AD, and the show's jokes were often "thinkers" or aimed at regular viewers. I think it was hysterical and well worth repeated viewings, but I can see why it struggled.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 06:43 PM
oakling is currently offline Click here to Send oakling a Private Message Find more posts by oakling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oakling

Originally posted by exanda kane
I think that ship hass sailed.

No way - what about Dollhouse? I don't know if it's sci-fi, but I know it stars Faith-from-Buffy and that people are really excited about it.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 06:45 PM
oakling is currently offline Click here to Send oakling a Private Message Find more posts by oakling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I look forward to watching Dollhouse.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 07:07 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

I heard a rumor he was making a Buffy and/or Angel movie. but i don't know how true that is. it would be cool though

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 11:47 PM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by oakling
No way - what about Dollhouse? I don't know if it's sci-fi, but I know it stars Faith-from-Buffy and that people are really excited about it.

Not Sci-Fi, not relevant to talk about.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 08:48 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by janus77

can't see "Ripper" going ahead, Buffy tanked (imo) after season 4.

Are you crazy? Season 6 alone was better than 1 to 4 together.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 11:42 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Whedon has a new FOX series Dollhouse staring the chick who played Faith on Buffy and Helo from BSG. He also has a supervillian comedy-musical staring Nathan Fillon and Neal Patrick Harris that he plans to release on the internet when he works everything out.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 30th, 2008 03:32 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by Bardock42

Either humour or evidence of clinical insanity, that statement.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 30th, 2008 11:06 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

Originally posted by exanda kane
Not Sci-Fi, not relevant to talk about.

It is Sci-Fi, actually. smile

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/04/18/d...tails-revealed/

To me it looks really good -- the trailer (link below) gave me chills, and I love Eliza Dushku. Can't wait! Love Joss Whedon!

http://www.dollverse.com/trailer/

Old Post May 30th, 2008 03:25 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Either humour or evidence of clinical insanity, that statement.

Clinical insanity it is then, because there is no doubt in my mind that that's a fact.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 09:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sancty
-

Originally posted by ariwin
It is Sci-Fi, actually. smile

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/04/18/d...tails-revealed/

To me it looks really good -- the trailer (link below) gave me chills, and I love Eliza Dushku. Can't wait! Love Joss Whedon!

http://www.dollverse.com/trailer/

I think the trailer looks.. pretty bad. no expression The clip where Echo was speaking Spanish.. was just lame..

"an active is the truest soul amongest us" argh.. cringezzz. -.- "can you wipe away a soul?"

That said certain parts of it look cool, and I am still really excited to see it.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 09:55 PM
Sancty is currently offline Click here to Send Sancty a Private Message Find more posts by Sancty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Originally posted by Bardock42

100% agree. Bargaining 1&2, Once More with Feeling, Tabula Rasa, Smashed, Wrecked, As You Were, Hell's Bells, Normal Again, Entropy, Seeing Red, Two to Go AND Grave. All brilliant. A season of awesomeness yes

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 03:59 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote