KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Celestials vs The New Gods

The Celestials vs The New Gods
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Marvel's Celestials 12 75.00%
DC's New Gods 3 18.75%
Stalemate 1 6.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Celestials vs The New Gods
Started by: Entity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Warning Celestials vs The New Gods

All in their true forms at normal power who would win?

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 08:32 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

*THREAD POSTPONED UNTIL FINAL CRISIS IS OVER* Trust me, it's better this way.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 08:34 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Celestials until I see the New Gods do something on their level. smile

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 08:36 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote:
Are the regular folks in the DCU aware of the New Gods? Does a Renee Montoya know about Metron or Big Barda?
MORRISON: They don’t. They can feel the influence of them, but they don’t know about them. Superman, Batman and the Justice League know about the New Gods because they’ve met them, but we’ve never really seen the New Gods in their full power before. We’ve seen their actions. The DC superheroes see the New Gods as other superheroes in the way that Orion or Barda can join the Justice League. They’ve never understood that what they really are are f---ing gods. This story’s about the first time Darkseid actually manifests on the planet. Everything we’ve ever seen before has been kind of projections from the world of the New Gods and for the first time we’re seeing them in their full power. And it’s like what would happen if a god appeared on the planet. Galactus is one god. This is a whole bunch of them—that’s how bad it is.

Heh.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 10:38 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

So every single one of the new gods are equal to Galactus???

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 10:53 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
So every single one of the new gods are equal to Galactus???
Can't be sure yet. That was just example of what they really are in comparison to what they appear to be.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 02:28 PM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Who is this morrison guy???

And Galactus I wouldn't call a God? His a aspect, Odin I would call a God, but

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 02:40 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cyberborg84
Jack o' All Trades

Very popular (controversial) writer whose work you've probably read (like New X-Men, the first series, and JLA). He kinda likes to dabble in the New Gods mythos, as his run on JLA can attest.

Far as the fight goes, I'll give the nod to the Celestials for the present.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 02:52 PM
cyberborg84 is currently offline Click here to Send cyberborg84 a Private Message Find more posts by cyberborg84 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power16

Is there Universe full of New Gods too? If so i give them the edge.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 02:53 PM
Power16 is currently offline Click here to Send Power16 a Private Message Find more posts by Power16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Originally posted by cyberborg84
Very popular (controversial) writer whose work you've probably read (like New X-Men, the first series, and JLA). He kinda likes to dabble in the New Gods mythos, as his run on JLA can attest.

Far as the fight goes, I'll give the nod to the Celestials for the present.

Yeah something rings a bell I just isn't so good at remembering names.

To my knowlegde he has never written anything with involved Galactus and yet he is comparing the new gods to him... I think he forgot that there is a powerlevel between gods. Thor is a God but so is Odin...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 04:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

And Galactus I wouldn't call a God? His a aspect, Odin I would call a God, but
This morrison guy sounds out of his mind. Changing everything about the new gods that we have ever known basically. Maybe it will be good but I was hoping for a new villain for Final Crisis but Ill have to wait and see.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 04:15 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by quanchi112
This morrison guy sounds out of his mind. Changing everything about the new gods that we have ever known basically. Maybe it will be good but I was hoping for a new villain for Final Crisis but Ill have to wait and see.

Oh...poor Quanchi.

God forbid someone follow framework that is already laid in canon.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 05:48 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

You know something about New Gods?

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 05:50 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

This morrison guy sounds out of his mind.

He practices magic and has claimed to have been abducted by aliens.

Last edited by Rorschach on Mar 1st, 2008 at 05:57 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 05:52 PM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 06:01 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

This morrison guy sounds out of his mind.

he's scottish..........nuff said
(please log in to view the image)

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 06:06 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by LORD B
he's scottish..........nuff said
(please log in to view the image)

and he's actually nicknamed 'the mad scotsman'. yes (please log in to view the image)

so yes Quan, he's completely out of his mind. But he's also a brilliant writer and a genius at plotting. I'm hoping for another Seven Soldiers level masterpiece. eek! Deus ex Source. cool

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:40 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Rorschach
He practices magic and has claimed to have been abducted by aliens.

I thought that was AlanMoore.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:57 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I thought that was AlanMoore.

The both of them are insane. laughing out loud

I don't know if Moore's ever claimed to have been been abducted by aliens. But he has claimed to have met John Constantine, and he worships some Snake God.

And Grant has a huge ego.

quote:
THE PULSE: What do you think of some of the current comics trends?

MORRISON: I don't read enough of 'em anymore, so there are probably all kinds of trends I'm missing - everybody just seems to be going in his or her own direction, which is fine by me. I loved the last few issues of Joe Kelly's JLA. JLA/Avengers has been great, old skool fun. The Human Target is brilliant and I'm looking forward to Wanted. There's a lot of good stuff around, although nothing quite earth-shattering or paradigm-shifting at the moment.

I must admit I have no time for the '80s style "serious superheroes" books riding the retro wave; never resisting any chance to gratuitously stick the boot in, I thought Watchmen was self-conscious, derivative, and heavy-handed when it first appeared and time hasn't mellowed my opinion of this vastly overrated series - so the comics I dislike most of all at the moment are filled with unsexy '80s retro "superheroes-in-the-real-world" type stories. All these soldiers-in-tights comics seem miserly and lacking in wonder, surrealism or novelty. Even Alan Moore himself ran screaming from this kind of story and began an ungainly, 15-year long attempt to reinvent himself as me. So why anyone would look to the awkward pomposity of mid-'80s comics for inspiration is baffling.

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ulti...36&t=001597

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 08:07 PM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Crazy ass writers. love

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 08:13 PM