KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » John Hurt is playing Abner Ravenwood?? how is that possible?

John Hurt is playing Abner Ravenwood?? how is that possible?
Started by: darthmaul1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
darthmaul1

John Hurt is playing Abner Ravenwood?? how is that possible?

I saw on the official site that John Hurt is playing Abner Ravenwood?? how is that possible?

Marion said that he was dead in Raiders which took place in 1936(i think)
and now it's 1950, is he in a flashback? or perhapes Marion thought he was dead? Maybe the Russians took him to look for something?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2007 06:59 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
P23
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe it was a cover up because indy left marion

i like to sit on teh ****ing curb drawing lines of dead people on teh ****ing ground
u kno who u ar and im comin to ****ing get u

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 02:17 PM
P23 is currently offline Click here to Send P23 a Private Message Find more posts by P23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

I call BS.

I was just on the Official Site and there is no mention of John Hurt as Abner Ravenwood.

Link?

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 15th, 2007 06:42 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by sithsaber408
I call BS.

I was just on the Official Site and there is no mention of John Hurt as Abner Ravenwood.

Link?

It was on imdb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/

on the official site it says he's in it but nothing about his character

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 05:45 AM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

Marion could have been calling Indy's bluff or maybe Abner went into hiding coz he knew the nazis were looking for his headpiece.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 03:01 PM
Whisper is currently offline Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

Originally posted by darthmaul1
It was on imdb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/

on the official site it says he's in it but nothing about his character

http://www.indianajones.com/site/index.html

Right, that's what I thought.

Well, you can take IMDB for what it's worth....crap. stick out tongue

As for officially, we don't know that yet.

But I like the idea. thumb up

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 16th, 2007 05:09 PM
sithsaber408 is currently offline Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
History Buff

I would say its a red-herring perhaps. Lucas and Spielberg doing their best to keep the real plot secret.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 08:25 PM
History Buff is currently offline Click here to Send History Buff a Private Message Find more posts by History Buff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Originally posted by History Buff
I would say its a red-herring perhaps. Lucas and Spielberg doing their best to keep the real plot secret.

That would be good, I would still love to see Sean Connery do a cameo at the end. He should be able to come out of retirment for 10min work if that, (how long was he involed with Robin hood)

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2007 09:12 PM
Oomny
Promising Tomorrows

Originally posted by darthmaul1
I saw on the official site that John Hurt is playing Abner Ravenwood?? how is that possible?

Marion said that he was dead in Raiders which took place in 1936(i think)
and now it's 1950, is he in a flashback? or perhapes Marion thought he was dead? Maybe the Russians took him to look for something?

Yeah that made me go WTF for a moment. I thought Abner like died.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 05:20 PM
Oomny is currently offline Click here to Send Oomny a Private Message Find more posts by Oomny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hey guys. Been away for a couple of weeks on holiday to the US, so it's cool to be back here again ...

Whilst I realise that nothing is confirmed as of yet, I very much hope that this rumour about Abner is true. Since Connery has confirmed that he is not going to be in the film (at least officially - one lives in (far-fetched?) hope stick out tongue ...), I feel that Marion's father would fill that gap of the "benevolent father figure" quite nicely. According to the FAQ section of the IMDB "Indy IV" page, it says the following in reponse to the question "Isn't Abner Ravenwood Dead In "Raiders"?":

"Marion implied in Raiders that he was dead. Although if he is in this film, (nothing has been confirmed by any official source) the current rumors/theories are: (a) He'll appear in a past type prologue similar to The Last Crusade (b) He faked his death (c) He's been in hiding".

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:12 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Im with you on that, Ahnold and Whisper.

Hope thats the case.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 08:52 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I 'eard that the guy in The Last Crusade who gets the cross from a young Indy was named in the screenplay for said film as Abner. Anyone confirm that?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 11:10 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Never herad of it.

Old Post May 2nd, 2008 02:32 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Hmmm ... this is interesting; IMDB are now claiming that Hurt is playing a character called "Professor Oxley". An alias for Abner Ravenwood, or did they have that information wrong all along? Oh well - only a few weeks 'till we find out either way big grin .

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 09:34 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Nope. Cards came out with Hurt having that name. May still be an alias though, who knows. But Abner should be ancient by this time.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:38 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I found that information about the adventurer in the Last Crusade - now named Fedora (HarHar), he was first named Abner in the script for the Last Crusade. It was removed before the production was completed however, so it's merely trivia, but interesting nonetheless.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 09:56 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Certainly is. I remember seeing the name 'Fedora' on the credits of TLC the other night, thinking 'who the hell was that?' lol, i should of knownstick out tongue he reminds me slightly of Kurt Russell - then again so does Harrison. Are all 3 brothers by any chance? and Vic Armstrong the 4th? laughing out loud

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:59 AM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I think the guy that plays Dave Holden in Blade Runner is a another dead cert sibling then - Kurt Russel? Come one! big grin - but then that guy did double as Deckard in the audition stage.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 09:48 AM
Aluminum Falcon

He plays Harold (if I remember it right) Oxley. Some guy Indy went to university with. He's the one that went searching for the Skull before Indy did and then went missing.

WARNING. POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD. (but just a tiny one...)

The only reference to Abner is when the Commies threathen to kill Marion if Indy doesn't help them. Oxley's with them -gone a little gaga smile - and Indy needs him to tell him the way to El Dorado, because Ox has been there before. Indy then says to Oxley "Ox, they're gonna kill Abner's little girl if you don't help us." Or something like that. No Abner in the movie...

Last edited by Aluminum Falcon on May 21st, 2008 at 07:49 PM

Old Post May 21st, 2008 07:47 PM
Aluminum Falcon is currently offline Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Abner died ages ago.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 10:04 PM