KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart

Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart
Started by: PRAYERRUN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PRAYERRUN

Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart

who wins?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 07:27 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

A dream match of epic proportions.

Current state-Angle

Both in Prime- Still probably Angle.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2009 07:31 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Admiral Akbar

Re: Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
who wins?

Real life? Kurt would...he won the gold for wrestling at the olympics. What has Bret Hart done?

When the darkness comes, keep an eye on the light no matter how far away it seems.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 02:43 PM
Admiral Akbar is currently offline Click here to Send Admiral Akbar a Private Message Find more posts by Admiral Akbar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
What has Bret Hart done?

get screwed by HBK big grin

I'd give it kurt. Bret was not actually that great honestly. its just what shawn said: he was good, very, very good but he wasn't great. the whole "best there is, best there was and the best there ever will be" is probably the Canadian national anthem but it aint true. bret was never the best, is never the best and will never be the best. his matches were alright and he never got me interested in the match unless there was someoen good working with him. Angle on the otherhand could wring a match out of the older John Cena and even plods like Batista and Big Show.

~Sado

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 04:08 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Man Bret had some of the best fights. Go re-watch his fights with Roddy Pipper and Eddie Guerrero, those were great fights.

Made by DW

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 05:00 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

hey, never said Bret was bad. i said he was good, very good but to say he was the best is stupid. especially when he has done nothing to make a claim to that.

best due to more championships? Ric Flair has 16, bret has14 and triple H is sure to at least even it out in another few years if not over take him

best due to more intercontinental? Jericho has more

best matches? arguablely HBK and Kurt Angle and Undertaker have put on better matches than him and more consistantly too

the most popular? Steve Austin and the Rock were more popular in their prime than Bret ever was.

most iconic? sorry, Hulk Hogan/Austin take that

most innovative? HBK and Undertaker have been in more unique matches than he ever has.

grandslam? HBK

most royal rumble wins? Austin

undefeated streak? Kurt and Goldberg take that
most of the best matches output? HBK is still putting on matches of the years even now...with a broken back

that's what i'm saying. there is no way he can make the claim that he's the best when other fill these criterias better than he does.
~Sado

Last edited by Sado22 on Jul 18th, 2009 at 05:24 PM

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 05:18 PM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Bret Hart was good...but Kurt was better

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 06:19 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by dvampire
Man Bret had some of the best fights. Go re-watch his fights with Roddy Pipper and Eddie Guerrero, those were great fights.

Bret had a match with Eddie? I didn't know that. I gotta see that.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 07:45 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Steve Austin is iconic?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 09:28 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Bret had a match with Eddie? I didn't know that. I gotta see that.

My bad, I meant chris benoit. Sorry!

Made by DW

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 09:28 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Wait dont you mean who would the writers script a victory for?

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 10:17 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Originally posted by dvampire
My bad, I meant chris benoit. Sorry!

Oh okay. Glad that's cleared up.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2009 10:38 PM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vandalworks

i'd go with angle. angles probably the best wrestler out there.

brets saying about being the best is not so much because he saw himself as the best wrestler with all the moves, but because when he wrestled he never injured an opponent or did a move bad.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 11:19 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
brets saying about being the best is not so much because he saw himself as the best wrestler with all the moves, but because when he wrestled he never injured an opponent or did a move bad

that's true but neither did HBK or Angle ever injure someone severely IIRC. heck, in terms of "excellence of execution" the unanimous decision tends to Mr. Perfect who even Bret Hart said was the best.

~Sado

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 12:07 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sado22
hey, never said Bret was bad. i said he was good, very good but to say he was the best is stupid. especially when he has done nothing to make a claim to that.

best due to more championships? Ric Flair has 16, bret has14 and triple H is sure to at least even it out in another few years if not over take him

best due to more intercontinental? Jericho has more

best matches? arguablely HBK and Kurt Angle and Undertaker have put on better matches than him and more consistantly too

the most popular? Steve Austin and the Rock were more popular in their prime than Bret ever was.

most iconic? sorry, Hulk Hogan/Austin take that

most innovative? HBK and Undertaker have been in more unique matches than he ever has.

grandslam? HBK

most royal rumble wins? Austin

undefeated streak? Kurt and Goldberg take that
most of the best matches output? HBK is still putting on matches of the years even now...with a broken back

that's what i'm saying. there is no way he can make the claim that he's the best when other fill these criterias better than he does.
~Sado

"Better" matches is subjective.

Oh, and as for saying someone doesn't have a claim to be the best; you just put Jericho over everyone in Ring of Honour in another thread. What do you know?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 04:22 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol He did??

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 06:42 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
you just put Jericho over everyone in Ring of Honour in another thread. What do you know?

i put him over the current guys (minus vets like Taker, HBK etc) in the WWE specifically? anyone willing to argue that John Cena or Randy Orton are better wrestlers than Jericho are welcome to prove me wrong laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 07:04 PM
steverules_2

Originally posted by Sado22
i put him over the current guys (minus vets like Taker, HBK etc) in the WWE specifically? anyone willing to argue that John Cena or Randy Orton are better wrestlers than Jericho are welcome to prove me wrong laughing out loud

Ortons champion and Jericho isn't I win! eek!

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jul 19th, 2009 07:06 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

damn it... sad

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 06:41 AM
Darth Martin

The Rock and Stone Cold will always be the best IMO and represent the glory days of the WWF.

Now it's cartoon network. sad

Old Post Jul 20th, 2009 06:55 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote