KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » X-Men Members Ages

X-Men Members Ages
Started by: The Fist Lance

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Fist Lance

X-Men Members Ages

Can we assemble the info on the ages of the X-Men?
We can start with the original 5 members!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2016 01:31 AM
The Fist Lance is currently offline Click here to Send The Fist Lance a Private Message Find more posts by The Fist Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If you mean them as they are now, or the last time they were alive?

I'd say most of them are around mid 30s. Maybe a little more, considering the weird scale ageing has in comics.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 11:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

A very good thread. Also, an incredibly hard question, because of numerous retcons.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2016 01:59 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was thinking about this the other day, and I really think that, bar Rogue due to all the crap surrounding her, you can narrow down at least something of a bracket.

For starters, it's outright stated that Scott is 16 when Xavier finds him, so my feeling on it is something similar to this:

Original five fighting Magneto:

Cyclops - 16
Beast - I would guess 16 but he MIGHT be 17
Angel - Around 16
Jean - 16 to be the same age as Cyclops
Bobby - 14

-

Mimic - Not sure
Changeling - Not sure
Havok - should be about 2-4 years younger than Cyclops due to their origin making Cyclops old enough to actually look after him.
Polaris - Don't know.

-

Deadly Genesis people, don't care. my guess though, is that Krakoa happens about... 4 years after the start of the series, so for example, if Cyclops is 20 by this point:

Colossus - 16 (seems the best age for him to stay in keeping with Claremont's intentions)
Storm - 16-18?
Logan - I dunno, 105?
Banshee - He's easily in his 20s if not 30s. He seems even older than Cyclops iirc.
Thunderbird - Don't know.
Sunspot - Late teens early 20s?
Nightcrawler - Mid to late teens.

-

A year or so later, they bring in Shadowcat who iirc is 13, which would make:

Cyclops & Jean 21 (as we see them going to bars etc)
Colossus 17 so there's a 4 year gap between him and Katya.

I may be remembering wrong, so please, any corrections are welcome.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 24th, 2017 04:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Sean seemed older; he always complained about his age, didn't he?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:33 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sean seemed older; he always complained about his age, didn't he?

Yeah, iirc, I just couldn't nail it down. I also considered that both he and Charles seemed to be in love with Moira, and if they are rivals for her attention, then Sean could have even been in his 40s.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:35 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

thumb up

Agreed. Damn, Nick Fury must've given him the Infinity Formula to slow his aging down or something.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 07:51 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

thumb up

Agreed. Damn, Nick Fury must've given him the Infinity Formula to slow his aging down or something.

That would keep him in line with Xavier and Mags, who've been plenty de-aged themselves too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:01 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

A little off-topic; what happened to Charles' TK abilities? When did they disappear completely?

There wasn't any explanation given for that, right?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:12 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

A little off-topic; what happened to Charles' TK abilities? When did they disappear completely?

There wasn't any explanation given for that, right?

Not that I can recall, I think it was just one of those things that we only saw a couple of times before they stopped using it, and nobody else ever cared to pick it up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:27 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Similar to Kurt's shadow-blending ability?

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:33 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Similar to Kurt's shadow-blending ability?

I think so, though Claremont was the last one to use the shadow-bending iirc, so I'm just going to assume he still has it, and **** everyone else.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 25th, 2017 08:37 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:10 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

"We're not teenagers."

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Tjh15NCZS...0/new+X-Men.jpg

That was when Xavier was what, evil? Or an imposter? Or undercover?

The scene still works even if we exempt Colossus. Because of his powerset he didn't have to worry about being hurt, especially considering how Claremont (in a nice way) wouldn't shut the **** up about how durable he was.

Nightcrawler was around 20 when he was recruited (he has his 21st birthday during the annual with Doctor Strange), and Storm could easily be 20 when she's recruited, unless I'm remembering wrong.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:31 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

I think he was just being mean for no real reason, jealous of how well Cyke's been doing without him? It's been a while. One of the best Cyclops' moments, btw.

Xavier was far from a flawless character. Even excluding the Deadly Genesis and other recent reveals.

Maybe time flew faster for Colossus? stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:14 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think he was just being mean for no real reason, jealous of how well Cyke's been doing without him? It's been a while. One of the best Cyclops' moments, btw.

Xavier was far from a flawless character. Even excluding the Deadly Genesis and other recent reveals.

Maybe time flew faster for Colossus? stick out tongue

Ah okay, I must be thinking of something else.

Yeah, he was always a bit of a ****. He had a noble dream, but he had a darker side too.

lol, that and it's kinda hard to limit the sixteen year old kid that's nigh-invincible and spent his entire life living through Siberian winters.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:24 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
Ah okay, I must be thinking of something else.

Probably of that time when the dark side of his psyche took control during his dream? The evil Xavier with a cape thing (green in color, naturally, as all villains in Marvel are green). Appeared in TAS, too.

Yeah, he was always a bit of a ****. He had a noble dream, but he had a darker side too.

Way made him responsible for Wolverine's brainwashing

lol, that and it's kinda hard to limit the sixteen year old kid that's nigh-invincible and spent his entire life living through Siberian winters.

True.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:18 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Probably of that time when the dark side of his psyche took control during his dream? The evil Xavier with a cape thing (green in color, naturally, as all villains in Marvel are green). Appeared in TAS, too.

Way made him responsible for Wolverine's brainwashing

True.

All I remember is that there was an end of an arc where Xavier was like "It wasn't me/it was all an act" or something like that.

Oh ffs, seriously?

You even see him drinking during Nightcrawler's 21st. Even if the writer messed up Colossus's age, he's still probably been drinking vodka since he was 5, so it works.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 28th, 2017 10:11 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Oh ffs, seriously?

Yes. It was a cross-over between Wolverine: Origins and X-Men Legacy, co-written by Mike Carey.

(please log in to view the image)

he's still probably been drinking vodka since he was 5, so it works.

laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 07:13 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sweet Jesus. How much did he actually do to him?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 30th, 2017 08:02 PM