KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Solid Snake vs. Batman

Solid Snake vs. Batman
Started by: Jargon343

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jargon343

Solid Snake vs. Batman

Weapons allowed but no prep time. Snake is allowed to take long breaks to talk to the Colonel.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 02:09 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

OH you bastard! this is like a rubix cube man. Snake might as well be the video game version of Batman...........

I'd say If they fight hand to hand Batman wins after a LONG fight

If they use there weapons Snake eventually take's out Batman with the PSG-1

other than that there are a BILLION differnt factors that can be explored in this fight

kudos on a great vs thread. PERFECT matchup!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 02:13 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Snake lights up.
"Those are bad for your health"
"It's the smokeless kind, no harm in it for you." *shoots Batman in the foot, and goes on to kick his ass*

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 02:36 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

i have no clue...i would probly say Snake

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 02:50 AM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Can anyone tell me about Solid Snake, all i know is that he is from the Metal gear Solid games and that is it

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 04:13 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

The thing about versus fights between video game characters is that they make absolutely no sense to talk about. Solid Snake is as good a fighter as whoever happens to be playing the game; we don't see him fight hand-to-hand in any the cutscenes, so we don't actually have a basis for comparison. But this is the guy who got taken captive by Sniper Wolf because maybe four guards were pointing guns at him and he couldn't deal with them; I go with Batman.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 04:40 AM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
The thing about versus fights between video game characters is that they make absolutely no sense to talk about. Solid Snake is as good a fighter as whoever happens to be playing the game; we don't see him fight hand-to-hand in any the cutscenes, so we don't actually have a basis for comparison. But this is the guy who got taken captive by Sniper Wolf because maybe four guards were pointing guns at him and he couldn't deal with them; I go with Batman.

Not nessasarilly true. In the gamecube version, he fights the Cyborg Ninja in a cutscene. In fact, at the end of most of the fights they have a cutscene showing Snake beating the bad guys down with a bunch of Matrix effects and whatnot to drive home the point of how hardcore he is.

Regardless, I think it makes sense to assume he beat everyone who he fights in the game, since thats how the storyline goes if you play the game straight through.

quote:
Can anyone tell me about Solid Snake, all i know is that he is from the Metal gear Solid games and that is it

Solid Snake is a super-soldier type character. He was created when the government took DNA from a guy codenamed 'Big Boss' widely considered to be the best soldier ever, isolated the genes that made him so great, and consentrated them in a clone fetus. Said clone fetus eventually grew into Solid Snake. The extent of his stregnth is not specifically mentioned, but he is definetely in the Perfect Human Specimen catagory as far as strength and agility go, at least. He may even be somewhat above that, depending who you talk to.

Some notable things he did include; defeating the aforementioned super strong, super agile Cyborg Ninja character in hand to hand combat; taking out an M1A1 tank with grenades; single-handedly taking down a Hind-D helicopter; single handedly defeated three different Metal Gear battle mechs; and killing droves of genetically modified 'super soldiers'.

Something to remember in a batman vs. snake topic is that snake ages in each succesive game, and he isn't getting any younger.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 05:01 AM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moshtitan
Suffer in Truth

snake would win in the long run, but itd be a damn good match. this is one of the best match ups i ever seen.

Never stray from the comon line.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 05:49 AM
moshtitan is currently offline Click here to Send moshtitan a Private Message Find more posts by moshtitan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

snake looks a lot cooler... so i pic him... smile

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 01:35 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Batman. Where's the credulity in this, why not have Batman vs a Powerpuff Girl.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 03:49 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Bubbles would kick Batman's ass.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 04:11 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Batman wins....he always wins.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 06:04 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Some notable things he did include; defeating the aforementioned super strong, super agile Cyborg Ninja character in hand to hand combat; taking out an M1A1 tank with grenades; single-handedly taking down a Hind-D helicopter; single handedly defeated three different Metal Gear battle mechs; and killing droves of genetically modified 'super soldiers'."

Yeah but set the game to easy and all of these tasks become.......easy.

It all depends on the player. I can complete all Metal Gears on the highest difficult without getting seen once. So it's no hard task for me doing all that.

Batman wins this. Purely because he's more stealthy and agile.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 06:15 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

The way I play Snake : Batman wins stick out tongue.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 07:18 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papablkbear
big pimpalicious

quote:
Originally posted by who?-kid
The way I play Snake : Batman wins stick out tongue.

Ya me too laughing If i can't cheat with codebreaker i can't play any Metalgear game

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 07:21 PM
papablkbear is currently offline Click here to Send papablkbear a Private Message Find more posts by papablkbear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
"Some notable things he did include; defeating the aforementioned super strong, super agile Cyborg Ninja character in hand to hand combat; taking out an M1A1 tank with grenades; single-handedly taking down a Hind-D helicopter; single handedly defeated three different Metal Gear battle mechs; and killing droves of genetically modified 'super soldiers'."

Yeah but set the game to easy and all of these tasks become.......easy.

It all depends on the player. I can complete all Metal Gears on the highest difficult without getting seen once. So it's no hard task for me doing all that.

Batman wins this. Purely because he's more stealthy and agile.

-AC

Yeah but you have to seperate the gameplay from what the story is implying is happening. For example, in the fight with the Hind-D, it is made obvious by the cutscenes that snake takes down the Hind with one or two shots from the Stinger. In the game it actually takes several shots from the Stinger, but that's only because it was nessesary to make the gameplay work.

Also I wouldn't underestimate Snakes agility. Remember when he first meets Revolver Ocelot, where Ocelot shoots at him and he jumps backwards out of the way of the bullet? Also, like I said he fought the Ninja and won.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 08:44 PM
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

snake takes out the bat.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:20 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

remember when he shot that knife Olga whipped at him in Metal Gear 2?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:24 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah and snake dogded a bullet that was cool. if he has reflexes like that batman should think of sending robin in his place.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:26 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

What about what bats has done?... theres a very long list... he doesn't even use lethal weaopns... imagine if you gave him a gun!!

Old Post Jul 9th, 2004 09:30 PM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote