KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Galactus v Cyttorak

Galactus v Cyttorak
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Galactus v Cyttorak

Cyttorak fights Galactus, under the following three scenarios:
1. hungry G
2. well fed G
3. universal danger G (after eating up much of the universe)

I know nothing much about Cyttorak, except for the fact that he's responsible for Juggernaut and the Bands that Strange uses (the ones that Hulk smashed out of!).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 06:10 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Cyttorak is a elder god, above skyfather, he can give a hungry Galactus problems.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 06:12 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Yes but only Hungry Galactus well fed ore universal Danger G should take this without problem, the question is how much is he depowered (how hungry)

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 06:31 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Utrigita
Yes but only Hungry Galactus well fed ore universal Danger G should take this without problem, the question is how much is he depowered (how hungry)

Co-signed. thumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 07:04 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Galactus v Cyttorak

Originally posted by janus77
Cyttorak fights Galactus, under the following three scenarios:
1. hungry G
2. well fed G
3. universal danger G (after eating up much of the universe)

I know nothing much about Cyttorak, except for the fact that he's responsible for Juggernaut and the Bands that Strange uses (the ones that Hulk smashed out of!).

Galactus

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 07:12 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

but Galactus doesn't do magic or have any magical abilities, does he?

it all puzzles me because magic is rated so highly here, and yet Galactus beats someone like Cyttorak (which is the consensus opinion here).

how does he beat Cyttorak? what can he do to a magical being of such vast power?

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 07:32 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by janus77
but Galactus doesn't do magic or have any magical abilities, does he?

it all puzzles me because magic is rated so highly here, and yet Galactus beats someone like Cyttorak (which is the consensus opinion here).

how does he beat Cyttorak? what can he do to a magical being of such vast power?

Galactus held his own against Agamotto in his own realm, and Agamotto and the other Vishanti are basically the top tier when it comes to magic. I don't see Cyttorak as fairing any better.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 07:49 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

I'm not arguing against the consensus. I'm just saying that it is quite inconsistent.

a while back I said, it was logical for Hulk (a creature who has access to limitless - as close as makes no difference, to infinite - physical power) to potentially generate enough +physical+ force to lay waste to Juggernaut and his Cyttorak charm.

now this was scoffed at by a lot of people and people generally argue that no +physical+ force can transcend magic... thus my query as regards Galactus' superiority over Cyttorak.

this would make The Silver Surfer also highly resistant to magic (as he shares a portion of G's Power Cosmic) and also be 'proof' of the potential for +physical+ force to overcome magic-manipulated matter (ie juggernaut, strange's shields etc).

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 08:16 PM
Utrigita

He SS is highly resistent to magic and only the highest form hurt him. But seeing that Agamotto was kicked in his own realm by Galactus that makes up that Galactus is resistent to it to, even though Strange was capable of topping him

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 08:53 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmmm cyttorak is he indestructable like the juggernaut i dont think even big g can hurt that type of invunrability

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 09:36 PM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

WarHulk overpowered Juggernaut, Thor stopped the magic... Galactus wouldn't even need to be here to squish something as insignificant as juggernaut.

with respect to Cyttorak, I think the consensus is, that magic is powerful until it faces a being superior to it... Galactus.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 09:49 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Mider999
hmmm cyttorak is he indestructable like the juggernaut i dont think even big g can hurt that type of invunrability

He's probably roughly as durable as any magical god creature.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2007 09:58 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

the crimson bands of cyttorak (cast by strange) held galactus...

i dont think galactus would win in any form. but i dont think cyttorak would win either...

50/50. complete stalemate.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 06:06 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by KillAll

When? The only time I know Galactus met the bands is when he was flying through Cyttorak's realm and the bands caught on Galactus' ship like a wet towel. It created kind of a dragging mattress effect.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 07:25 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

even if thor stopped the magic he only did so for a moment, and warhulk never killed him only beat him i doubt he could kill juggernaut

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 07:26 PM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Mider999
even if thor stopped the magic he only did so for a moment, and warhulk never killed him only beat him i doubt he could kill juggernaut

what leaves you with any room to doubt?
Cyttorak's mojo was meant to make the Juggernaut "unstoppable".
not only did Warhulk stop him, but he pounded on juggy, flicked his ass across the planet and generally had a good time pawning Cyttorak's errand boy.

Cyttorak's magic was overcome by WarHulk. Juggernaut is eminently killable. just needs to meet a being of sufficient power (WarHulk).

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 08:15 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by KillAll

i dont think galactus would win in any form. but i dont think cyttorak would win either...

50/50. complete stalemate.

In which comic ???

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 08:18 PM
Bouboumaster

Galactus would pimp slap him to be so arrogant.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 08:28 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Big G

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 07:28 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Who knows? Not enough information avaliable about Cyttorak to make a guess here. All I know for sure is that the Vishanti fear Cyttorak and Agamotto once stalemated Galactus. That was in the Vishantis realm though.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Apr 6th, 2008 07:34 AM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote