KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » The Sivience of the Ancient Monarchs

The Sivience of the Ancient Monarchs
Started by: Barker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

Warning The Sivience of the Ancient Monarchs

Alright, lets try this again. roll eyes (sarcastic) Before I say anything, I want to say to anyone looking in that this is a Good, Well written story. no expression It's a regular, Book Seven Fanfic. Just because the title doesn't say "Harry Potter and" doesn't mean this is a weird, Alternate Universe story. This is just my way of making this Thread stand out.

Now, I was feeling like I didn't want to do this anymore, but Eh, I've changed in the past hour. I wanted to do a Lily/James Thing, but Eh, I've changed in the past hour. I've tried to make it sound as Much like J.K. Rowling as possible. Hopefully, it'll be as Accepted as DarkC's and Sauce's storys are. So, sit back and Enjoy.

Read these:

quote:
    1. Like none but a few stories here, I'll try to keep this baby slow. None of that "hairy wuz sad cuz of Ddumbledor die butt then ron and Hermoine aparated and they took hin ot the borrruw." Crap. Seriously.

2. This should, for the most part, be updated at least Once a Week during the Summer, and could shoot towards 2 or 3 updates every Seven days, if enough people are reading. Usually, my Writing Time depends on Amount of Readers. High = More time Spent, and Vise Versa. I do, however, like to write, revise, edit, proofread, revise again, and edit again all on Word. It takes time to do this, plus to post, set up my paragraphs, and then edit in all the bolds and italics I used.

3. Feedback Turns me on is graciously Accepted. Please, if you're reading, have the decency to Say something, whether it be "gud plz psot mor", "u neeed to wrk on spelling but itz ok", or "Dude, Barks, you Suck. no expression". Say Something. Anything. Please.

4. Disclaimer: I do not actually own the rights to Harry Potter. All rights reserved for J. K. Rowling and Warner Bros. Entertainment. However, I do think I Own rights to My Story; The Idea, not the Characters. I'll ask Rex…

5. … Don’t post “postpostpsplzzplzpostnowpospostpostpost”. No, really, don’t.

6. Let’s not have a huge side chat, eh? That’s why Rex invented the discussion thread.

7. I’ll be posting regular messages pertaining to the book in Spoilers. They could by anything, from how I came up with the Idea for a chapter, an alternate Idea I had for one, when the next post is coming, an Up-to-date Table of Contents etc. etc. etc…

8. Anything I post, I had planned, so don't jump off the edge, saying I put something in just to be funny, or that something didn't make sense. I have everything planned for the next 19 Chapters at the moment.

I'll re-post all these Rules every few Pages, just to keep them fresh on everyone's minds. Also, watch out for new rules I come up with.

I don't have the first batch ready yet, I wanted to save the time and date again. (no expression). It was exactly one year ago that I posted The Sorcerers Return, and I needed to commemorate. Don't worry though, It won't be that long until that first post.

Don't post in this thread until I post again, Please.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Last edited by Barker on Jul 24th, 2006 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2006 01:55 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Have a quick bump to explain why there's nothing here yet.

To put it simply, There have been rewrites and Plot holes. smile

For example, there was a problem in Chapter 16, that required Chapters 2, 8, and 9. Don't get me wrong; I don't have those written yet; they just required a lot of thinking. Also, I'm having second thoughts about one Character. This character is central to Chapter 1, so I can't exactly skip and go to Chapter 2. Hopefully, I can get something up in the next week; School starts again the 14th. I'm a huge procrastinator (As anyone in the Sig forums would tell you), so this is normal for me. no expression

Again,
Please, Don't post in this thread until I post again.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2006 02:06 AM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Tee-Hee. (no expression)

I've been working on the "Plot", and I think I've got a good Idea of what's going down. (no expression) I also have about 6,000 words (Or Characters ) just about ready, so this should be going in a few days. However, I'm not Jesus with Beginnings, so It won't be as good as the stuff near the middle.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barker

Old Post Aug 15th, 2006 04:27 AM
Barker

I feel like such an ass. laughing out loud

I should have had something by last December, then June, and it's now September. That's procrastination. And, unluckily, It's going to last a while longer.

I have several projects going on right now. When last I posted, I said I would have something within the week. That was the week school started, and I have to say that I wasn't ready for the workload. Now that I'm in the fourth week, I feel I have momentum and whatever. However, as said previously, I have a few things going on. Firstly, I've been trying to improve my Profile all summer. Secondly, I need to update the KMC Paper, the KMC Today. Thirdly, I'm rewriting Graphical Tutorials for Signatures on Photoshop. Have a list:

• KMC Today
  • Tutorial 1
  • Tutorial 2
  • Tutorial 3
  • Sivience

Hopefully, I can get some of this done this week. The tutorials shouldn't take too long, but the Paper can take hours. My profile involves pictures and stuff, and is time consuming too. Don't get me wrong, I've been thinking about and revising SotAM a bit, but It's not quite ready for your eyes.

Sorry if you thought I was finally going to post. I promise, my next post will contain actual story.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 02:44 AM
Hazardous

Ok

This should, for the most part, be updated at least Once a Week during the Summer, and could shoot towards 2 or 3 updates every Seven days,

Last edited by Hazardous on Dec 24th, 2006 at 05:10 AM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 05:03 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Bump

Old Post Dec 26th, 2006 01:08 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Mist, you fool.

I had most of the first chapter done by the start of the month, but stuff came up and..

Hey, what happened to not posting?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 12:28 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Originally posted by Mišt
Bump
Oh yeh.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 02:19 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Mist, you fool.

I had most of the first chapter done by the start of the month, but stuff came up and..

Hey, what happened to not posting?

o i 4got

Originally posted by Thorinn
Oh yeh.

Thrice

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 06:22 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I had no idea this was Harry Potter related.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2006 10:42 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Half a year and no posts, it should be closed

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 04:17 AM
Barker

Now I'm going to have to ask Rex to edit a link to the first bit into the first post.

Losers.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 05:22 AM
Hazardous

What first bit, I dunt see any.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 07:33 AM
Barker

Mist, you're ruining everything.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 07:39 AM
Hazardous

cn u sned me link 2 1st bit 2 k?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 08:27 AM
Hazardous

SO I WENT TO THE SHOP FOR THE SPECIAL MIDNIGHT OPENING OF THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK, IT WAS A COLD DARK NIGHT AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS ABOUT TO RAIN SO I BROUGHT AN UMBRELLA JUST IN CASE SO I WOULDNT GET MY NEW BOOK WET, ANYWAY LIKE I WAS WAITING FOR THE SHOP TO OPEN SO I COULD BUY THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK CALLED HARRY POTTER AND THE SIVIENCE OF THE ANCIENT MONARCHS BUT THEY TOLD ME THE BOOK WASNT WRITTEN YET AND I SAID **** AND WENT HOME.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 07:37 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Mist, you're ruining everything.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 12:48 PM
Barker

Originally posted by Mišt
SO I WENT TO THE SHOP FOR THE SPECIAL MIDNIGHT OPENING OF THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK, IT WAS A COLD DARK NIGHT AND IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS ABOUT TO RAIN SO I BROUGHT AN UMBRELLA JUST IN CASE SO I WOULDNT GET MY NEW BOOK WET, ANYWAY LIKE I WAS WAITING FOR THE SHOP TO OPEN SO I COULD BUY THE NEW HARRY POTTER BOOK CALLED HARRY POTTER AND THE SIVIENCE OF THE ANCIENT MONARCHS BUT THEY TOLD ME THE BOOK WASNT WRITTEN YET AND I SAID **** AND WENT HOME.

It's true..

But seriously, **** off for ruining my thread you ****er. no expression

But seriously.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2006 10:07 PM
Barker

(please log in to view the image)

The driest day of the summer so far was, at last, drawing to a close. Not that “dry” was a very efficient term to use. The grounds were a muddy mess. One building in particular stood out against the sheets of water pouring down. Splotches of icy rain splattered against the frozen window panes. The building’s rooms were different; bright and warm light bounded from roaring fireplaces; comfortable chairs stood merrily in the middle; it would not have been distinguishable from a grandmother’s cottage sitting room. Men and women chatted merrily, drinking large tankards of a sparking liquid; each was wearing a thick set of dark robes. The rest of the castle, however, was a much different story. It contained a chilly labyrinth of passages and hallways. Hooded figures passed each other silently, not daring to so much as look at each other. They simply started ahead, their faces covered in skeletal masks. A blood chilling roar seemed to fill the air; monsters from the dungeons, screaming in agony and hatred. The coldest part of the castle, by far, was the very top.

Alone, in the darkest, coldest room of the tallest tower, sat a bald man at a desk. His head rested upon his hand in a weary sort of way. The other hand was busily writing away on a piece of parchment. He seemed to be copying out a letter. The parchment he was glaring at was tattered and faded. All that could be made out across the top were a few words: “Process”, “Sivience”, and “Enchantment”. It was extraordinary that this man could read any of it at all, but he had obviously reread it so many times, that he knew it well enough to know what to pen; he was already nearly halfway down the fresh parchment he was writing on. He rested his Eagle Quill in the pot of ink above his paper, and tilted his head towards the thick door opposite him. Somebody was coming; indeed, it suddenly, it opened with a bang and a large, blonde-haired man entered at a dash.

“My lord...” he gasped, clutching a stitch in his chest, “Narcissa Malfoy as arrived.”

Voldemort said nothing, but glanced back down at his papers and continued to write steadily to the end of the parchment. Near the bottom, he signed Salazar Slytherin quod Tom Marvolo Riddle; Filiolus immortalis. When he finished, he rolled both up serenely and tucked them inside his robes. The man stood at attention the entire time, never slouching; he kept his gaze straight ahead.

“Show her in, Pulciber,” said Voldemort, looking up. The man called Pulciber glanced down. Voldemort’s eyes were bloodshot. He flinched, bowed low, and backed quickly out of the room. Voldemort breathed heavily, his nostrils flaring and his brown furrowed, until the door creaked open once again and Narcissa stepped into the cold room. She was a short woman, hardly taller than Voldemort’s shoulders, but she had an air of superiority. Her dirty-blonde hair was up in a tight bun, and she wore an expression that suggested she had just had a whiff of Dragon dung.

“You requested my presence?” she asked tonelessly. Her face seemed to grow, if possible, more disgusted. Voldemort nodded in a jaded sort of way.

“Recount to me what took place the Night Dumbledore fell,” he said coldly.

“Hasn’t Snape told you?” she asked, with the slightest hint of cheek in her voice. Voldemort’s nostrils flared violently.

“I would like your version of the night’s events– and do not deny being involved. I have been informed –albeit a slightly irrational source – that you, Narcissa Malfoy, were heavily and personally involved in the matter.”

“Irrationa.. From who?” Narcissa demanded.

Voldemort reached at once for one of the many drawers of the desk. He produced a shabby, fat rat, held it up for a moment in the dim light, and calmly tossed it to the ground, as if this were something he regularly did. Narcissa glared at it furiously.

“Whom else?” Voldemort said lazily. “Leave us, Wormatail,” he added to the twitching rat. Wormtail squealed in alarm and dashed out the door. “Now, Narcissa, I believe I’ve proved myself adequately. Tell me what happened that night. I do not wish to use force.”

“I… of course, my lord,” Narcissa said feebly. “Well, it all started with Wormtail, Ironically. - You remember that he was in my care at the time –“

“I seem to recall placing Peter in your care just before Severus returned to his job last September,” Voldemort said thoughtfully. “I certainly did not want him anywhere nearer to me than possible, and as Lucius had been so painfully taken from you just weeks before-“

“I know.” Narcissa said callously. “Anyway, on this night, I happened to be sipping a sherry, lying on my divan-“

“Perhaps it would be more... ah… interesting, if we were to review this within a Pensieve. What do you say, Narcissa?”

Narcissa gave him a look that said all too plainly that she preferred to keep her mind closed and away from him, but that was just not the sort of thing that was denied of Voldemort; Narcissa nodded in consent. Voldemort flipped his wand out and quickly fashioned a haphazard wooden bowl. It had dark, meticulous lines and designs running down its sides, and neat, cursive writing that seemed to never stop. Odd runes and symbols lined the edges; in an odd, eerie sort of way, it seemed to be whispering, as if it knew the evil that surrounded it.

Narcissa, on the other hand, held her wand to her head, and grudgingly pulled the required memory from the ranks of her other recollections. Then, suddenly, she couldn’t remember what the memory was about at all, besides the fact that it had something to do with Voldemort. The memory seemed to float senselessly around the wand tip, illuminating the surroundings with its soft, white light. Narcissa motioned her wand forward, and the silvery substance fell like fog into the bowl. There, swirling tufts of light (or perhaps even wind) churned about, never stopping. It might have been gaseous, if she wasn’t so convinced that it was liquid.

Voldemort, his wand out, prodded the thought lightly; at once, it swirled about, like a whirlpool and a twister combined into one.

“After you,” Voldemort said, doing as close to a grin as a Dark lord could possibly muster. Narcissa frowned, and slowly, cautiously dipped a single finger into the bowl. Quite suddenly, her body lurched forward. She was diving headfirst into the bowl; she might have expected to hit the bottom, had she had any sense…. She frowned at the though of being sucked into an endless vortex of liquid wind… then suddenly her feet hit a floor with an almighty bang that caused her knees to buckle. Grumbling, she clambered to her feet in time to see the Dark Lord fall into place beside her. His legs seemed perfectly fine… Perhaps he did this often.

“Well, Narcissa?” he said. “This is your memory; consent to narrate for the Dark Lord.”

------------------

Finally. no expression

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 03:46 AM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I smell New York Best Seller.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 04:46 AM