KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Imitation of Spiderman

Imitation of Spiderman
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Imitation of Spiderman

Spiderman goes missing and Stark gives the people below a Spiderman suit that allows them to stick to walls, shoot webbing (auto refills), and a device built into the suit that imitates Spidermans voice. The goal is to prevent Spiderman enemies from knowing he is missing, so the people below is filling in for him (with the suit mentioned above). Who can imitate Spiderman the best for a month?

Contestants...

Wolverine
Captain America
Daredevil
Deadpool
Captain America

Yes, I know, these guys are different in height and size... let's just assume that isn't a factor here. Who does this job the best?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 11:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I would say Cap because he is strongest
But daredevil has the rest (senses and agility)

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 11:35 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Interesting thread.

Daredevil is probably the closest to Peter, as he relies on superhuman acrobatics and senses, not to mention he has even spent a huge chunk of his career having the same sense of humour.

Wolverine did a wallcrawling race with Spider Woman, without any gadgets or his claws.

The Punisher (who is not listed here, sadly) has some actual experience with webswinging.

Then there was Kraven, who actually pretended to be Spider-Man and beat Vermin.

Prowler, who pretended to be SM in order to help Peter keep his superhero indentity safe.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 11:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
But daredevil has the rest (senses and agility)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 11:49 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by h1a8

Based on absolutely nothing laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2022 11:53 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Daredevil

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 01:12 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Daredevil

thumb up

He's almost the same character, especially the early version by Stan Lee.

Hell, they even share some villains laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 01:20 AM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Also his Radar Sense could compensate the lack of an actual Spider-Sense a little bit, since he can "see" in all directions at once.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 05:11 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

I'd also have to go with Daredevil, as he is the closest to Spiderman-lite here. I think the hardest part would be the feats of strength, unless he channels his AvX force.

But, the villains would likely just think Spidey had been weakened or something. I don't think they'd immediately guess it was some one else. Most of them anyway.

Well, okay, Wolverine would be obvious. Visually, their bodies are too different.

Last edited by StyleTime on Jan 3rd, 2022 at 06:16 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 06:13 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Taskmaster

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 06:23 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Is not on the list, you can choose between 2 Captain Americas though.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 06:39 PM
DarkSaint85

One of the Caps is actually Taskmaster in disguise, so it's ok.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 06:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Re: Imitation of Spiderman

Originally posted by carver9

Contestants...

Captain America
Captain America

Yes, I know, these guys are different in height and size... let's just assume that isn't a factor here.

Good thing Carv cleared that up

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 06:56 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I didn't even notice that.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2022 07:43 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by StyleTime
I'd also have to go with Daredevil, as he is the closest to Spiderman-lite here. I think the hardest part would be the feats of strength, unless he channels his AvX force.

Spider-Man holds back immensely most of the time (some writers don't consider him to be a true Class 10 to begin with and write him as weaker, but I digress), so that wouldn't raise too much suspicion... also, it's not like anyone in the list can match Parker's strength, so we can't afford to be picky.

But, the villains would likely just think Spidey had been weakened or something. I don't think they'd immediately guess it was some one else. Most of them anyway.

Weakened or going easy on them, yes.

Agreed.

The hardest part to replicate would be Peter's retarded sense of humour nobody finds funny anymore - only Daredevil can do that perfectly, seeing how Stan essentially has written him as Peter #2 and some writers re-visited that.

Well, okay, Wolverine would be obvious. Visually, their bodies are too different.

In this whole plane of existence, there aren't many people who got their asses destroyed by carver, but you just did:

Yes, I know, these guys are different in height and size... let's just assume that isn't a factor here. Who does this job the best?

And I wouldn't be myself if I didn't wank Wolverine here, so adding this:

(please log in to view the image)

Also, don't forget how - despite the body difference - Wolverine has managed to fool Hand and Hydra into thinking he was several different superheroes. That's... some insane acting skills and resourcefulness laughing out loud

Including (but not limited to) mimicking Captain America's skill or Beast's agility and even his patter, which definitely would be useful here (especially combined with the ability to scale the walls):

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 12:36 AM
carver9

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Spider-Man holds back immensely most of the time (some writers don't consider him to be a true Class 10 to begin with and write him as weaker, but I digress), so that wouldn't raise too much suspicion... also, it's not like anyone in the list can match Parker's strength, so we can't afford to be picky.

Weakened or going easy on them, yes.

Agreed.

The hardest part to replicate would be Peter's retarded sense of humour nobody finds funny anymore - only Daredevil can do that perfectly, seeing how Stan essentially has written him as Peter #2 and some writers re-visited that.

In this whole plane of existence, there aren't many people who got their asses destroyed by carver, but you just did:

And I wouldn't be myself if I didn't wank Wolverine here, so adding this:

Also, don't forget how - despite the body difference - Wolverine has managed to fool Hand and Hydra into thinking he was several different superheroes. That's... some insane acting skills and resourcefulness laughing out loud

Including (but not limited to) mimicking Captain America's skill or Beast's agility and even his patter, which definitely would be useful here (especially combined with the ability to scale the walls):

Good catch, Stilt. I read this comic like 8 times (I know you're going to challenge that statement but whatever) and forgot all about this scene.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 03:06 AM
StyleTime

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

In this whole plane of existence, there aren't many people who got their asses destroyed by carver, but you just did

thumb up

I totally didn't see that.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 04:53 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Good catch, Stilt. I read this comic like 8 times (I know you're going to challenge that statement but whatever) and forgot all about this scene.

Look, I'm not that much of an asshole, I'm not going to challenge it if you don't give me a good reason to...

Wait...

I read this comic like 8 times

forgot all about this scene.

A young guy taking ducklips selfies for his instagram shouldn't have such severe memory problems, you need to eat some nuts.

And I don't mean my nuts (no reason to get on your knees again, I can't get hard again so soon), I meant adding pistachios, peanuts and walnuts to your diet.

thumb up

I totally didn't see that.

It's too late.

Your forum cred will need years to be restored.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 05:01 PM
carver9

Lmao

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 05:35 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Out of curiosity, which one you meant?

The one with Jessica or the one with Wolverine trolling the shit out of Hand/Hydra?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2022 05:42 PM