KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Zeitgeist and Devil lance v.s Laminator X and Akuki

Zeitgeist and Devil lance v.s Laminator X and Akuki
Started by: Newjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Zeitgeist and Devil lance v.s Laminator X and Akuki

Welcome to round 2 of Pool A.

This match will be a week from start time.

Prep is 12 hours long.

The Location: An Abandoned New York City

Judges will be announced soon.

I have not received Opening Posts from Zeitgeist, Devil lance, or Lam X.

Thus they forfeit their prep time and their partners can not have access to them for prep either.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:17 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

My Combo for Battle:
Prodigy
Dr. Doom/ Superskrull
Moondragon w/Gem/Gold Key Solar

I think this is what he'll be using but I'm not sure:
Alex Luthor jr/technarch warlock
Cassandra Nova/Cloak
Loki

The Ultimate Psychic attack:
Ok in the prep time we are going to do several things:
1. First we are going to all move to the nearest Nuclear power plant in the New York area(there are a couple finding one won’t be an issue.)
2. Moondragon is going to use her mental powers to remove all of the mental blocks on Prodigy’s mind. Not only will this allow him to permanently remember the knowledge of everyone near him, it will also allow him to recall the knowledge of everyone he’s ever met before this point. This is important because it will allow for us to tap into the skills and memories of some of the most skilled psychics in all of marvel, these include Professor X, Jean Grey, Emma Frost, and now Cassandra Nova and Moondragon.
3. Warlock will be used to duplicate the assassination suit so that enough copies are available for every member of our team. In addition, once the suits are created and all members of the team have them, every member of the team will possess Prodigy’s powers, meaning that all members will possess full knowledge about how to use all of the copied powers.
4. Finally, Moondragon will give the Mind Gem to The Doctor, and he will work to further enhance his mastery of it beyond her current abilities with it(after he killing Drax she received a mental block that prevents her from using her power at full, but The Doctor won't have this problem), especially using the skills of the other psychics he will have access to, in addition to possessing the combined powers of Moondragon and Cassandra Nova.
5. Whenever members of our team aren’t working on other matters, they will be soaking in the nuclear core, absorbing as much radiation as possible, greatly strengthening all members of our team. Also we will constantly have all members of our team constantly stealing nuclear material from any location we can reach within the area.

The moment the battle opens, the Doctor will unleash a maximum strength psychic blast to completely destroy the minds of all of the members of the opposing team. In addition, the instant the battle opens, our team members will explode dirty bombs of nuclear material all over the battle area, as well as actual nukes we would steal from missile silos in the area. (nuclear submarines in the harbor are also possible sources.) This won’t really affect us since all of our members will have simply turned into gamma rays before hand, and we will have activated Dr. Doom’s forcefield which will protect us against the EMP. By doing this not only will we surprise the enemy, but it will provide us with a permanent supply of energy throughout the entire battle because of the background radiation.

So basically they die due to a combination of the most powerful possible psychic attack channeled through the mind gem, several nuclear explosions, and if they somehow survive that, we can use Solar’s powers to reduce them to absolute zero.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:32 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I've been moving houses and haven't had access to a computer for over a week... just prior to losing my internet, I sent my write-up to Red, and couldn't have known until now that he couldn't just send it to you himself. erm

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:51 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
I've been moving houses and haven't had access to a computer for over a week... just prior to losing my internet, I sent my write-up to Red, and couldn't have known until now that he couldn't just send it to you himself. erm
Seeing as no one else has replied yet if you get it to me in 15 minutes I will post it. wink

So one reply just yet.

sig by Rao Kal El

Last edited by Newjak on May 6th, 2008 at 02:01 PM

Old Post May 6th, 2008 01:58 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Sorry Smurph you had your chance.

The match resumes and you will be denied your prep time.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 6th, 2008 09:49 PM
Smurph
------

Actually, I didn't have my chance...

I logged off immediately after posting that, as I was able to use that computer for the 30 seconds it took me to write that post...

I got a working internet about 5 minutes ago and everything in the new house is now settled enough that I can send it to you.

Sorry for the confusion, but we were supposed to have this network up about last Saturday, if not earlier... I PM'd it to Red thinking that you guys could at least communicate within each other.

I'll send you the prep now, but I really couldn't have responded to this situation before now... sorry for any hold up.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 12:42 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ok then since Smurph did show that it was the same message he sent to Red I will go ahead and post it now

EL PREPPO DEL SMURPHO Y DL-O:

Operation: Entropy

Teamo Supremo:

Architect (Reed Richards/Sage)
Deity (Meggan/Firestorm)
Black Bolt

Shamperion (Shaman/Hyperion)
Super Ronan (Ronan/ Super Skrull)
Maxima

Prep: 12 Hours

Keep in mind that we have Reed Richards for this prep, and he, thanks to Sage’s computer mind, thinks far faster than normal. In addition, thanks to Ronan and Firestorm, anything that he needs created can be done so with ease, so all the actual constructing will take up a minimal amount of our prep time.

First thing first: Deity will scan Super Ronan (SR)’s hammer, and assess all of it’s contents. He’ll have a psychic link the entire time with Architect, who will store that information. Then Architect is going to store the memories and experience that Ronan has using the hammer, and transfer it to everybody on the team (both teams). Then Deity is going to make a hammer for everybody on the team.

We will do the same thing with Architect’s (Sage’s) glasses, and with Ronan’s freeze gloves.

Here comes the fun part.

Deity is going to copy the powers of Black Bolt via Meggan’s shape shifting.

Copies Silver Surfer without him being near.
http://img344.imageshack.us/my.php?...ercosmicae5.jpg

Copies Sandman without him being near.
http://img308.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sandmansm6.jpg

Keep in mind the first link is particularly accurate, as Meggan will be receiving a HUGE boost from having access to the Firestorm Matrix to draw power from.

Anyways, so Deity now has Blackagar’s power.

Architect (or Maxima) will transfer all memories/experience from Blackagar concerning his powers to Deity.

Architect will then spend as much prep as possible (not much), in cooperation with the matter manipulators, to make a weaponized, gigantic version of this.

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?...minati00ol6.jpg

What we’ll build will be that machine… made for a being the size of Galactus. It’ll be able to aim directly at a large target.

Deity will also copy Maxima’s super speed and reflexes.

The rest of the prep is spent amping.

Before the battle: Deity is going to grow to galactus size.
http://img204.imageshack.us/my.php?...ctussizepu2.jpg

As soon as the battle starts, utilizing Blackagar’s chaotic vocal chords, Deity will scream into the machine. She’ll start at the outskirts of New York facing in, and we’re going to rip a hole in the fabric of reality right through the Battlefield.

Everyone else will start behind Deity, armed with hammers, glasses, gloves and good looks.

End match.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 7th, 2008 12:47 AM
Akuki
KMC ELITE - CABLE

Ok, a couple of things to go over here:
1. Their plan does absolutely nothing to allow them to defend against our attack. We’re using the combined knowledge of the most skilled telepaths in marvel in conjunction with the powers of two Planetary level telepaths(Cassandra Nova and Moondragon) both of whom have demonstrated the ability to easily mind rape people with extremely high tp resistance without the Mind Gem(Professor X, Emma Frost, and Thor), and then further boosting that with the power of the Mind Gem, wielded by a Dr. Doom who will easily be able to unleash it’s full potential. Our character have shown the ability to destroy people with better psychic resistance than your team at base level, now in combination with their new skills and the mind gem your teams mind will be destroyed instantly when the battle starts.
2. Why their plan won’t hurt us. There are a couple of reasons why this is isn’t a threat for us. First of all there are the obvious limitations of the device. It functions by focusing the entire force of Blackbolts voice into a very specific area, and amplifying it. If you look at the scan they provided, that also meant that they had to surround the target area as well in order to achieve the necessary effect, and the result was extremely small honestly with your whole size increase the most you’d probably get is an area about the size of a person, and you’d have to locate and aim that device at us with all of new york in the way, and the problem of our invisibility and intangibility as well. In addition another problem with this device is that it is focused on a very specific area and changing targeting will be nearly impossible. So I have to ask, how the hell are they going to manage to adjust the device to target the exact location of a team that will be essentially invisible(as we are composed of gamma waves at this point), and can dodge at lightspeed(seeing as we will be light) or we can just teleport to dodge the attack using Cloak’s power. In addition there’s the other fact that surviving explosions in this form is quite easy due to Solar’s power set. He’s shown himself capable of pulling himself together from being at ground zero of a nuclear explosion
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...rconversion.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...conversion1.jpg

In addition by sending that energy wave it allows us to backtrack to you very easily. For example here’s Solar backtracking a radio wave:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...electricity.jpg

here escaping a Planetary explosion:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...versplanet1.jpg

And we’ll be assisted by the nuclear explosions we caused, as well as the enormous amount of amping we did by soaking in front of the reactor, so even if you did hit us we could easily disperse and survive it.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 03:58 AM
Akuki is currently offline Click here to Send Akuki a Private Message Find more posts by Akuki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Akuki
Ok, a couple of things to go over here:
1. Their plan does absolutely nothing to allow them to defend against our attack. We’re using the combined knowledge of the most skilled telepaths in marvel in conjunction with the powers of two Planetary level telepaths(Cassandra Nova and Moondragon) both of whom have demonstrated the ability to easily mind rape people with extremely high tp resistance without the Mind Gem(Professor X, Emma Frost, and Thor), and then further boosting that with the power of the Mind Gem, wielded by a Dr. Doom who will easily be able to unleash it’s full potential. Our character have shown the ability to destroy people with better psychic resistance than your team at base level, now in combination with their new skills and the mind gem your teams mind will be destroyed instantly when the battle starts.
1. Speed is a defense.

At the end of our prep plan, Deity copied the speed of Maxima... a telepath (whom typically think faster than normal humans) who can go toe to toe with high herald speedsters like Wonder Woman and Superman.

The fastest person on your team is... possibly Loki.

Ha + ermm.

We have a pre-planned method of attack that requires only uttering a single syllable. The idea that you could locate us and shut us down before we can accomplish that, and thusly wipe out the entire battlefield is ridiculous.

2. Why their plan won’t hurt us. There are a couple of reasons why this is isn’t a threat for us. First of all there are the obvious limitations of the device. It functions by focusing the entire force of Blackbolts voice into a very specific area, and amplifying it. If you look at the scan they provided, that also meant that they had to surround the target area as well in order to achieve the necessary effect, and the result was extremely small honestly with your whole size increase the most you’d probably get is an area about the size of a person, and you’d have to locate and aim that device at us with all of new york in the way, and the problem of our invisibility and intangibility as well. In addition another problem with this device is that it is focused on a very specific area and changing targeting will be nearly impossible. So I have to ask, how the hell are they going to manage to adjust the device to target the exact location of a team that will be essentially invisible(as we are composed of gamma waves at this point), and can dodge at lightspeed(seeing as we will be light) or we can just teleport to dodge the attack using Cloak’s power. In addition there’s the other fact that surviving explosions in this form is quite easy due to Solar’s power set. He’s shown himself capable of pulling himself together from being at ground zero of a nuclear explosion
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...rconversion.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...conversion1.jpg
We most certainly would not have to locate and aim with all of New York in the way.

Everything more than a few feet in front of us will be wiped from reality. That includes your team, your partners team, the battlefield, and anything else that gets in the way.

As to the limitations of the device-

I specified in my prep that the device would be giant sized and would be targeted at the city. We build it around the city in our prep and use it. If there are any other limitations, we have the smartest mind on Marvel Earth thinking at multiple hundreds of times his normal speed with the means to create anything he so desires immediately, and more than enough prep time.

Limitations will become null and void pretty quickly.

Now that we're past the groundless criticism, let's move on to the baseless defense.

You claim that you're going to dodge the attack because you're moving at the speed of light. But, in your prep, you specified that you are going to do a number of things before transforming into radiation. These included, but were not neccessarily limited to, psychically attacking us, activating forcefields and setting off bombs as well as nukes.

We'll be accomplishing our attack before you even manage the first of those things, so the would-be defense is useless.

Furthermore, even if you WERE in a light-based form, you would be annihilated. Everything within the space we are attacking will cease to exist across all plains of existence. We are ripping a hole in reality. You're in it.

The above reasoning is also why the idea of surviving explosions = surviving reality rips is asinine.

And the fact that we're causing mass destruction, not targeting specifically, means that your invisibility is useless.
In addition by sending that energy wave it allows us to backtrack to you very easily. For example here’s Solar backtracking a radio wave:

here escaping a Planetary explosion:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/...versplanet1.jpg

And we’ll be assisted by the nuclear explosions we caused, as well as the enormous amount of amping we did by soaking in front of the reactor, so even if you did hit us we could easily disperse and survive it.
Nein.

You cease to exist. We win. Life moves on.

Old Post May 9th, 2008 10:17 PM
Akuki
KMC ELITE - CABLE

Originally posted by Zeitgeist
1. Speed is a defense.

At the end of our prep plan, Deity copied the speed of Maxima... a telepath (whom typically think faster than normal humans) who can go toe to toe with high herald speedsters like Wonder Woman and Superman.

The fastest person on your team is... possibly Loki.

Ha + ermm.

We have a pre-planned method of attack that requires only uttering a single syllable. The idea that you could locate us and shut us down before we can accomplish that, and thusly wipe out the entire battlefield is ridiculous.

We most certainly would not have to locate and aim with all of New York in the way.

Everything more than a few feet in front of us will be wiped from reality. That includes your team, your partners team, the battlefield, and anything else that gets in the way.

As to the limitations of the device-

I specified in my prep that the device would be giant sized and would be targeted at the city. We build it around the city in our prep and use it. If there are any other limitations, we have the smartest mind on Marvel Earth thinking at multiple hundreds of times his normal speed with the means to create anything he so desires immediately, and more than enough prep time.

Limitations will become null and void pretty quickly.

Now that we're past the groundless criticism, let's move on to the baseless defense.

You claim that you're going to dodge the attack because you're moving at the speed of light. But, in your prep, you specified that you are going to do a number of things before transforming into radiation. These included, but were not neccessarily limited to, psychically attacking us, activating forcefields and setting off bombs as well as nukes.

We'll be accomplishing our attack before you even manage the first of those things, so the would-be defense is useless.

Furthermore, even if you WERE in a light-based form, you would be annihilated. Everything within the space we are attacking will cease to exist across all plains of existence. We are ripping a hole in reality. You're in it.

The above reasoning is also why the idea of surviving explosions = surviving reality rips is asinine.

And the fact that we're causing mass destruction, not targeting specifically, means that your invisibility is useless.

Nein.

You cease to exist. We win. Life moves on.

1. You're fast? Guess what? You're within the range of the Anti-Assasination suit, we have all of your speed boosts, plus our own.

2. The idea that you're going to be able to build a device that completely encircles all of New York city in 12 hours is laughable. Not only would it require a ridiculous amount of materials and construction time, but it's REALLY REALLY stretching the no attack rule during prep time since we would obviously notice something like that and just blow up portions of it. seriously we would have to be complete idiots not to notice a giant dome being constructed around the city with us in it.

3. The idea that your device will be able to annihilate all of New York City from existence is frankly laughable. Black Bolt going full out in the magnified area was able to create a rift the size of a football. You're telling me that you're going to somehow be able to increase the power of the fully magnified scream by Black Bolt by around a billionfold? It's just not going to happen.

4. We will be entering the battle in lightform, and as such, black bolts scream is worthless against us. All of the things we mentioned were things done in preptime before we took lightforms. The bombs will have been set to go off the instant that the battle started, and we would have activated our forcefields before the battle started as well. In fact, those bombs present quite the problem to you, since them going off would have sent an emp that would destroy the machine, meaning that your attack would just be a massive explosion, not a dimensional rift.

5. targeting you is incredibly easy, your the only living creature in the area other than us, and we could just send out a massive omnidirectional pulse to fry every mind in the area except our own. Plus consider the incredible speeds that our telepaths will be working at having the speed boosts due to the Anti-Assasination suit, sending off a mental attack before you speak won't be a problem at all.

When it comes down to it, your attack is interesting, but highly impractical, and simply won't be enough to K.O. us due to our defenses and Dr. Solar's abilites, while you haven't provided any practical way for you to survive the onslaught of our psychic attack.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 04:40 AM
Akuki is currently offline Click here to Send Akuki a Private Message Find more posts by Akuki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

1. You're fast? Guess what? You're within the range of the Anti-Assasination suit, we have all of your speed boosts, plus our own.
You're going to have to prove that skrull circuitry works faster than you (perhaps) and Maxima + Meggan. The latter is, obviously, laughable.

2. The idea that you're going to be able to build a device that completely encircles all of New York city in 12 hours is laughable. Not only would it require a ridiculous amount of materials and construction time, but it's REALLY REALLY stretching the no attack rule during prep time since we would obviously notice something like that and just blow up portions of it. seriously we would have to be complete idiots not to notice a giant dome being constructed around the city with us in it.
No. Nothing that I have done stretches the no attack rule. You attempting to attack it would completely break that rule, but I see nothing preventing me from building as large constructs as I please during prep.

Meanwhile, I'm almost positive that you don't see us during prep, or even that we're prepping in New York.

3. The idea that your device will be able to annihilate all of New York City from existence is frankly laughable. Black Bolt going full out in the magnified area was able to create a rift the size of a football. You're telling me that you're going to somehow be able to increase the power of the fully magnified scream by Black Bolt by around a billionfold? It's just not going to happen.
"Black Bolt going all out?"

HA!.

Blackbolt whispered a single syllable. Reed didn't instruct him to scream, and he barely opened his mouth. Not to mention, the aim of the machine was to take out that portion of reality. This machine will be aimed at a much bigger target. Reed can alter it as such.

Finally, this Black Bolt is the size of Galactus and Meggan can alter her vocal chords and related abilities for a further boost.

And, finally, finally... this is a full out scream.

Your team gets completely decimated.

Old Post May 12th, 2008 09:29 PM
Smurph
------

4. We will be entering the battle in lightform, and as such, black bolts scream is worthless against us. All of the things we mentioned were things done in preptime before we took lightforms. The bombs will have been set to go off the instant that the battle started, and we would have activated our forcefields before the battle started as well. In fact, those bombs present quite the problem to you, since them going off would have sent an emp that would destroy the machine, meaning that your attack would just be a massive explosion, not a dimensional rift.
No... light is matter. Light exists. Light is a component of reality. You are in light form, and you're just as vulnerable as if you were in jello form.

As is the radiation, explosion and general disastrous effects from the bomb.

You all cease to exist.

(That's a win for me, by the way)

5. targeting you is incredibly easy, your the only living creature in the area other than us, and we could just send out a massive omnidirectional pulse to fry every mind in the area except our own. Plus consider the incredible speeds that our telepaths will be working at having the speed boosts due to the Anti-Assasination suit, sending off a mental attack before you speak won't be a problem at all.
Speed boosts? Telepathy? What anti-assassination suit?

1. Proof that skrull curcuitry works once it's turned into gamma radiation?

2. I don't see why you'd keep your mental abilities once your mind was dispersed between millions of light particles.

3. You're all entropy anyways. Black Bolt's reality-tearing voice wins out.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 12:06 AM
Smurph
------

If you don't read any other post, read this one.

When it comes down to it, your attack is interesting, but highly impractical, and simply won't be enough to K.O. us due to our defenses and Dr. Solar's abilites, while you haven't provided any practical way for you to survive the onslaught of our psychic attack.

PRODIGY CAN"T ABSORB THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE PSI-PROTECTED

http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?...xmen1003rr7.jpg

The opponent's are using Prodigy's mind to try and absorb all the knowledge of various psychics to create one super-psychic.

Only problem is... Prodigy, as far as this application goes, is utterly useless.

So, to bring you up to speed:

-Their main method of attack won't work
-My main attack will annihilate them

Game. Set. Match.

Old Post May 13th, 2008 12:12 AM
Akuki
KMC ELITE - CABLE

Edit: Per the tourny co-host, this post was over the time limit.
Sorry Akuki. sad

Last edited by Badabing on May 13th, 2008 at 04:00 AM

Old Post May 13th, 2008 01:03 AM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Ouch. Though I hate voting against Akuki, I'm going to have to in this instance. The reality destroying machine is a genius prep idea, and surviving nukes really doesn't compare.

Also, as to the notion that a sped up Reed with the help of a matter transmuter like Firestorm couldn't produce the device in half a day, I'd have to disagree, because with Firestorm on the task it's not really a matter of assembling components from scratch, he can simply create it assembled and operational, even if only in segments.

Vote: Zeitgeist and Devil Lance.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 15th, 2008 06:21 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I think there is a serious speed difference here, and this match really seemed to come down to which doomsday attack would work.

Personally I'm gonna have to go with the faster team.

Vote Zeitgeist and Devil Lance

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post May 19th, 2008 10:38 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

er, unpinning . . .? confused

Old Post May 24th, 2008 01:49 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote