KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Finals (6-2): Typhus vs Psycho Gundam

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Finals (6-2): Typhus vs Psycho Gundam
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evangel94
Premium Member

EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament Finals (6-2): Typhus vs Psycho Gundam

Voting is not allowed for the first 10 hours of the match. Please let the participants debate. Please refrain from making comments. However if you have an unbiased question that you need to ask that pertains to the actual match, you may do so. The match will be 24 hours long based on when this thread is unlocked. Any vote that doesn't have an explanation will be nullified. Those who have their voting privileges removed know who they are. I ask that they do not post in this thread.

Experience and memories from all previous matches fought are granted to all teams. With that in mind, your team should be more experienced and therefore arguably become better fighters, more motivated, better teamwork, more adept at using difficult or foreign equipment, etc.

------------------------------------------------

Typhus

quote:

Morg (Power Cosmic/No Waters of Life)Herald of Galactus - 6 points
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Morg

Red Shift Herald of Galactus - 6 points
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Red_Shift

Terrax Herald of Galactus - 6 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrax

Stardust Herald of Galactus - 6 points
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Stardust

15 minutes of battlefield prep - 1 point

Total 25 points

vs

Psycho Gundam
quote:
Regular Juggernaut- 5 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut_(comics)

Space Gem – 10 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Gems

Power Gem – 10 points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Gems

Total 25 points

Area C

quote:
An evacuated San Francisco with extremely thick and dense fog, and 4.5 magnitude earthquakes on the Richter scale occurring every 3 minutes

Super-voters will be used for this match along with regular voters. Their votes will count as three regular votes so long as they provide an adequate explanation for their votes. There will be three super-voters for this match. Despite any previous history with the participants, I ask that the super voters be objective, unbiased and judge the match as fairly as possible.

The three super-voters for this match are the following:
1. Guy222
2. Devil Lance
3. Roldz

This is a direct elimination match. If you lose, you are out of the tournament. If you win, you advance to the final match of the tournament. Good luck.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 27th, 2008 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 09:46 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

ummm..since neither of us have any prep, this looks like it's going to be a straight up brawl.

sooo, juggernaut being juggernaut is impervious to all forms of harm be it physical or energy bombardment just from him being the avatar of cyttorak.

the power gem grants the bearer control and manipulation of potentially all the energy in the universe* (possibly multiverse, not sure). in the case of cain marko, that power need only course through him subconsciously making him totally indestructible.

plus he now possesses the space gem allowing him free movement in the universe and the ability to control the placement of the universe's
occupants be them matter, energy, or anything else.

--though i'm sure he can't use it to that extent, it is probable that he can at least teleport himself and others as pip the troll did without effort and he is a moron.--

with those power sources it is safe to say that cain marko isn't in any danger from harm in this fight.

all i require from the -"Experience and memories from all previous matches fought are granted to all teams.your team should be more experienced and therefore arguably become better fighters, more motivated, better teamwork, more adept at using difficult or foreign equipment, etc" -stipulation is that juggernaut be able to freely teleport with use of the space gem, nothing too extravagant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so in essence, juggernaut activates his forcefield beyond full power
as soon as the match begins and then proceeds to smash heralds.

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 27th, 2008 at 10:48 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 10:43 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Battle

OK, for this battle I don’t see anyone getting a KO, however with my Heralds range of abilities an immobilization should be achievable. First, Stardust will engage Juggernaut in head to head, taking the brunt of the damage (being physically impossible to hurt, this shouldn’t be a problem). Morg, Terrax, and Redshift will be assisting, however their main objective will be to get the Gems away from Juggernaut. The 4 heralds should be able to slow him down enough to eventually get to the gems. If they’re under Juggernaut’s helmet on his forehead (like most users) then Morg, Redshif, and Terrax can just pry it off:

(please log in to view the image) or (please log in to view the image)

Once the gems are removed, Redshift will cut open a portal and remove them from the battlefield, leaving them with just regular Juggernaut to deal with. Terrax will then use his earth manipulation to bury him under five to ten miles of rock:

(Terrax’s Earth Manipulation w/o Power Cosmic - which amplifies his power)
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(That tactic working on Juggernaut)

effectively immobilizing him for 10 minutes and winning the battle.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 11:31 PM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

great post by the way^

that would totally work if the juggernaut wasn't using his force field.
the stipulations added by evengel make our character's more pressed for victory so logically the juggernaut wanting to win would activate his forcefield. it's not like he doesn't possess it.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 11:45 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

oh yeah i forgot to add my customary juggy pic
notice the location of the gems:

Attachment: juggernaut_002.jpg
This has been downloaded 186 time(s).

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 11:56 PM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Thanks, anyway, about the force field, Even when Juggernaut is determined to win, he rarely throws up the field:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

In this latest fight with Hulk, Juggernaut doesn’t once throw his field up. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Cain uses the field primarily for defense (blocking an explosion for example), and lowers it when he throws a punch. And with him brawling four heralds, he’s gonna be throwing a lot of punches. Off hand, the only time I can remember seeing him use it was to block a swing from Thor’s hammer.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 12:40 AM
Typhus is currently offline Click here to Send Typhus a Private Message Find more posts by Typhus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

good point but prior to his return to full power he was part of a few X-teams, they teach their ranks to use their respective power's effectively, I'm sure he should be a little more disciplined nowadays.

he didn't use his forcefield mostly because he didn't need to or to suit the plot of the story, hence his "loss" to thor.

I'm just applying that same juggernaut to this fight, one capable and willing to raise his forcefield against a strong opponent and in your case four strong opponents, more reason to raise the forcefield no?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 05:57 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Anyway, Guy222, Roldz, and Devil Lance are supervoting in this match.

However, if any of the following do not vote in this match during after the debate period has ended and the voting period has begun, then I will replace any of them with back-up supervoters. It is important that the supervoters cast they votes in these matches.

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 06:34 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

to me it all boils down to the juggernaut's forcefield. the main argument against it is that he rarely uses it but, in the events that he did use it the reasons were to make a point reinforcing his physical dominance over his opponent.

this tournament is a great reason for him to utilize his perfect defense against four powerful opponents as most other usages of his forcefield pale in comparison to the odds he now faces.

---------------------------------------------------------

and on a side note, how can morg and terrax co-exist on a team? these two (especially morg) start fighting just by being close to one another.

for example, the super-powerful being tyrant was faced by a combined effort of ganymede, terrax, morg, silver surfer, gladiator, beta ray bill, jack-of-hearts, and thanos. you would think that morg would focus on the task at hand but no, he had to pick this time to go after his rival even though the universe was at stake.
(please log in to view the image)

so....it may very well be morg vs juggygems vs redshift, stardust, and terrax. in fighting is a baaaad habit amongst heralds.

i think the juggernaut can use the confusion to gain the advantage.

Last edited by psycho gundam on Apr 28th, 2008 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 07:42 PM
Typhus
Mandalorian Merc

Just as you claim that Juggernaut becomes more experienced with infinity gems with each passing match, my team has become more and more experienced working together. My team has fought three matches (not counting TricksterPriest’s match). Any infighting my team may have had would have occurred in the first early battles, and not this late in the tournament. With the rule of my team gaining experience and memories with each match, my teamwork can only get better.

Here’s scans of Morg not wanting to fight Terrax despite Terrax challenging him and threatening him:

Morg lives to serve Galactus, and time and time again he has remained loyal doing his job to the extreme even when faced with temptations. Saving the universe is different from gaining your fondest wish. With this possibility to serve Galactus once more, Morg won’t hesitate to cooperate. Stardust and Red Shift won’t allow any disorder with their fondest wishes on the line.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 09:54 PM
Devil Lance
DL

Voting for Typhus

Juggs doesn't put up his shield enough for it to be considered in character to do so. Plus even if he did he would have to lower it to attack the opposition.
not to mention the heralds will be opperating at speeds far greater than Cain can react too

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 11:30 PM
Devil Lance is currently offline Click here to Send Devil Lance a Private Message Find more posts by Devil Lance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

My vote goes to Typhus

Heralds work in union would be too quick for Cain to counter

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 11:37 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Well this match has passed the 24 hour mark, and once again we are awaiting the final judgment from the last supervoter. I will end this match as soon as the last supervoter (Roldz) votes. To all regular voters, if you still wish to cast your votes, you should do so as soon as possible. I don't consider a match done until the last vote is in, and I just wanted to thank both competitors for their participation in this tournament.

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 29th, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:06 AM
Creshosk

Why bother?
9-0 Typhus wins
6-3 Typhus still wins

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:28 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

quote:
ummm..since neither of us have any prep, this looks like it's going to be a straight up brawl.

Prep is not allowed on this match up? I might have missed something.. Ohh well..

Both didn't really use the potential of they're chosen characters. I guess no prep kinda make a battle lame.. Sorry guys..

Found it hard to believed that JUGS would be able to manipulate those gems like Psycho Gundam would like us to believed.. Adam pick the guardian of those gem for a reason..

The power gem i can see Jugs would be able to do it but not to the extent Psy G stipulated however the space gems i dont think so and with just the PG, it would'nt be enough to take out the heralds. They are just to versatile against a brick.. A BFR would take im out for the win..

So voting for Typhus...

My Artwork

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:43 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

My vote counts for little, but it's going for Psycho Gundam. All he really needs in this match is his forcefield being up, and I think he's shown good reason to believe it will be so.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 12:51 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Seriously, Juggernaut has put up its force field, enough times for us to know that its within his arsenal. With that force field up, I see no way Typhos can lay a finger. The force field is never compromised by sudden movements, since he is projecting energy blasts of its own. And surely at least remedial uses of the gem would be accessible.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 02:23 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Now that all the Supervoters have voted. I am now officially closing this match. This match has been open for 30+ hours, more than enough time. Tallying results....

Forever Young...

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 03:09 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

9-2 loss for juggygems, but thats ok i didn't really believe he would win in the long run, eventually he would get buried deep enough for the time to elapse.

typhus's first post was solid enough for a victory anyway, again exellent first post.

the best part is we get to see a herald clash eek!

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:31 AM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Supervoter Voter Results:
Devil Lance: Typhus
Roldz: Typhus
Guy222: Typhus

Regular Voter Results:
King Kandy - Psycho Gundam
id369 - Psycho Gundam

With three supervoters voting in favor of Typhus the voter results are 9 to 2 in favor of Typhus. Thank you psycho gundam for participating in this tournament. It really has been fun.

Typhus advances to the final round to face Darthgoober

See you there...

-Evangel94

Forever Young...

Last edited by Evangel94 on Apr 29th, 2008 at 04:45 AM

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:35 AM