KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » The Reign of Starscream

The Reign of Starscream
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

The Reign of Starscream

The Reign of Starscream is a sequel to the 2007 live action film.

Here is a little summary from Transformers Wiki:

The first issue is mostly a recap of events preceding and during the 2007 movie. Much of the actual story takes place in the very immediate aftermath of the movie, literally spanning only hours for the next two issues, covering an encounter between Starscream and Sector Seven at their Hoover Dam base, followed by his return to the Decepticons' temporary base on Mars. There, the Decepticons are ambushed by a group of Autobots, but the Decepticons are able to kill most of them, with Arcee as the only confirmed survivor.

The remaining two issues cover a longer timespan; the exact time frame is not stated. Upon his return to Cybertron, Starscream attempts to construct a new All Spark and solidify his position as Decepticon leader. Arcee and another group of Autobots try to stop him, coinciding with a rebellion among the Decepticons. The final issue ends with Starscream returning to Mars.

So I read this about a week ago, and was wondering if anyone else has done so. I want to know what you guys thought of it.

Personally, I thought it started off great, but kind of faded towards the end. I loved the new Autobots (Clocker, Crosshairs etc...) Arcee meets up with on Cybertron, but was kind of dissapointed with the Decepticons aside from Thundercracker. Dreadwing was kind of cool, but didn't get much panel time. Didn't particularly enjoy the idea of creating a new Allspark, but was glad it didn't work in the end. The art was good, although kind of hard to make out the action scenes.

Can anyone add any tidbits that might help me understand the story and transition to the next movie better.

By: Juk

Last edited by nimbus006 on Feb 26th, 2009 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 04:50 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Power Cosmic II
BigG > Mad Celestial Host

From what I remember from reading the comics when they came out, Starscream assumed command of the Decepticons when he thought megatron was "dead." He then proceded to somehow construct a replacement allspark, which he wanted to use to repower cybertron (IIRC) and sacrificed decepticons and autobots alike in the process. His scheme did not work, and Trypticon was destroyed (really nice touch of putting Trypticon in there). I forget who the lackey's that align themselves with starscream are....the story is continued in ROTF: Defiance (or Alliance, can't remember which is the sequel series after reign of starscream, and which acts as prequel to both 2007 movie and ROTF)

"It is unwise to battle the Power Cosmic." - Silver Surfer

Old Post Feb 26th, 2009 06:32 PM
Power Cosmic II is currently offline Click here to Send Power Cosmic II a Private Message Find more posts by Power Cosmic II Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tenebrous
From what I remember from reading the comics when they came out, Starscream assumed command of the Decepticons when he thought megatron was "dead." He then proceded to somehow construct a replacement allspark, which he wanted to use to repower cybertron (IIRC) and sacrificed decepticons and autobots alike in the process. His scheme did not work, and Trypticon was destroyed (really nice touch of putting Trypticon in there). I forget who the lackey's that align themselves with starscream are....the story is continued in ROTF: Defiance (or Alliance, can't remember which is the sequel series after reign of starscream, and which acts as prequel to both 2007 movie and ROTF)

Thanks Tenebrous.

I believe Defiance is a sequel to Reign of Starcream, and a prequel to Revenge of the Fallen.

Some of the Decepticons that ally with Starcream are Thundercracker, Dreadwing, and Barricade (Earth), can't remember the rest.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 04:36 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I really enjoyed this comic, thought it looked great and focused on Starscream and Arcee, two of my favorite bots. Toward the back of the book, I loved all the little inside jokes and easter eggs that were put into the book.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 04:26 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Scythe
I really enjoyed this comic, thought it looked great and focused on Starscream and Arcee, two of my favorite bots. Toward the back of the book, I loved all the little inside jokes and easter eggs that were put into the book.

Yea those we're good

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 05:30 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I think there's still another comic coming out soon. Maybe it's already been mentioned here, I'm not sure what it's called.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 02:07 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

It's called Transformers: Destiny which i believe has two parts Alliance and Defiance.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 09:40 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by nimbus006
It's called Transformers: Destiny which i believe has two parts Alliance and Defiance.

Cool, thank you.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 01:36 AM
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

After Reign of Starscream Its Alliance which leads up to Revenge of the Fallen.
Defiance tells the story of how the war started and explains about the fallen and megatron helped each other.

CREATED BY SCYTHE
THE TRANSFORMERS KNOW-IT-ALL!

Old Post May 29th, 2009 07:06 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Darth Rex
After Reign of Starscream Its Alliance which leads up to Revenge of the Fallen.
Defiance tells the story of how the war started and explains about the fallen and megatron helped each other.

Yeah. Haven't checked out anything after Reign. Are the other books worth checking out?

Old Post May 29th, 2009 07:31 AM
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Defiance and Alliance are comics They are meant to be quite good.
I think they explain quite a lot about Revenge of the Fallen.
They're in four parts each. On june 17th on amazon the collection things comes out. One with all of alliance and one with all of defiance.
I'm going to get them when they come out.

CREATED BY SCYTHE

Old Post May 29th, 2009 09:12 AM
Darth Rex is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Rex a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Rex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Has anyone read Transformers Ghosts of Yesterday?
That was a prequel novel to Transformers Movie
A Veiled Threat is the prequel novel to ROTF.

CREATED BY SCYTHE

Old Post May 29th, 2009 09:14 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Defiance and Alliance are comics They are meant to be quite good.
I think they explain quite a lot about Revenge of the Fallen.
They're in four parts each. On june 17th on amazon the collection things comes out. One with all of alliance and one with all of defiance.
I'm going to get them when they come out.

I'll have to check that out.

No, I've not yet read that. Last comic aside from Reign that I read was the War Within Omnibus.

Old Post May 29th, 2009 09:58 AM
nimbus006
Accuser

I haven't read either.

If a Veiled threat is the prequel to Transformers, what does that make Alliance?

Old Post May 29th, 2009 03:14 PM
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Veiled Threat is the ROTF prequel novel
Alliance is the ROTF prequel comic
They both revolve around NEST and the Autobots chasing and destroying Decepticons across earth.

CREATED BY SCYTHE

Old Post May 29th, 2009 05:38 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Veiled Threat is the ROTF prequel novel
Alliance is the ROTF prequel comic
They both revolve around NEST and the Autobots chasing and destroying Decepticons across earth.

Cool, thanks.

Are they consistent in continuity?

Do you recommend one over the other?

Old Post May 29th, 2009 06:21 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Just read Alliance & Defiance yesterday.

Pretty cool stuff, not bad. Both give you a little background to the events of ROTF.

Defiance is set way in the past, and explains how the whole battle started, and how the Fallen is involved.

Alliance takes place where the Reign of Starscream left off, and is a DIRECT prequel to ROTF. It goes straight into the movie.

Question: In end of the 1st movie Bumblebee states "I wish to stay with the boy" implying that he would be his guardian. However, in Alliance we see the Autobots (including Bumblebee) with the U.S Army (Captain Lennox, Epps etc...) trying to clean up the city, and forming a task force. Later, Bumblebee gets assigned to Sam due to Lennox and Optimus having a growing suspicion that a threat is looming, and Sam is in danger. It kind of doesn't make sense.

Does anyone know if I'm missing something?

I'm thinking Alliance takes place in between the battle at Mission City, and the last scene in the first movie.

Wiki-Transformers mentions this in their synopsis:

One month later, Lennox and Epps have a secret meeting with Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Ironhide (according to Optimus, Bumblebee continues his assignment as Sam's guardian).

Last edited by nimbus006 on Jun 10th, 2009 at 03:12 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 03:02 PM
Darth Rex
Dark Lord Of The Cookies

Veiled Threat is a good book
Alliance is interesting and explains about Wreckage after he is captured.
I recommend both of them and defiance

CREATED BY SCYTHE

Old Post Jun 10th, 2009 08:17 PM