KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Aragorn vs. Boromir and Faramir

Aragorn vs. Boromir and Faramir
Started by: Infinity

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Infinity
Big Boss

Aragorn vs. Boromir and Faramir

boromir and faramir take it.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:39 PM
Infinity is currently offline Click here to Send Infinity a Private Message Find more posts by Infinity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Duh. Boromir can equal Aragon in swordplay and Faramir there just throws down the king.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 07:21 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Most fights where its two v one especially with Boromir and Faramir both good swordsmen and Boromir equalling Aragorn this one easily goes to them. It could be summed up as
Aragorn V Vastly superiour numbers and force

Whos side are you on?

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 09:36 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattLeatherface

I dunno, if you think about it, during the mines of moria, Boromir uses a shield, and aragorn doesn't, so you can't really compare them there. then at Amon Hen niether of them use a shield, but then boromir gets killed during his first shieldless battle, then Aragorn lives on through ALL the battles! And Faramir gets horribly wounded in a battle. So I'd say Aragorn is probably more talented then both of them. Besides, he would have more experience because he is 87, Boromir is only 40, and Faramir is only 35.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 04:26 AM
MattLeatherface is currently offline Click here to Send MattLeatherface a Private Message Find more posts by MattLeatherface Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

Living through a battle can be more luck than skill, it is rumoured that Boromir is one of the greatest swordsmen alive during the time of lord of the rings, skilled enough to rival Aragorn. With the aid of his brother he would win, shielded or not.

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 09:31 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MattLeatherface
I dunno, if you think about it, during the mines of moria, Boromir uses a shield, and aragorn doesn't, so you can't really compare them there. then at Amon Hen niether of them use a shield, but then boromir gets killed during his first shieldless battle, then Aragorn lives on through ALL the battles! And Faramir gets horribly wounded in a battle. So I'd say Aragorn is probably more talented then both of them. Besides, he would have more experience because he is 87, Boromir is only 40, and Faramir is only 35.

But he only gets killed because he doesn't see the arrows coming. And he wasn't fighting against Lurtz either he was fighting others so it wasn't fair. I think Boromir and Faramir would win too.

Originally posted by thefallen544
Living through a battle can be more luck than skill, it is rumoured that Boromir is one of the greatest swordsmen alive during the time of lord of the rings, skilled enough to rival Aragorn. With the aid of his brother he would win, shielded or not.

I agree with the luck thing. I always think that in Vs threads.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 09:50 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by MattLeatherface

Boromir was also protecting the Hobbits from the Uruk-hai and he couldn't dodge the many arrows coming at him.

And Faramir was outnumbered with his forces one to ten. Replace Faramir with Aragon and the same thing would have happened.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 12:45 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

If we are going by the highest canon, the books that is, Boromir's body was FILLED with arrows, around 20 or something. He had awefully many slayed around him. No one can survive that kind of wave with arrows, less still fight....

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:39 AM
kamikz is currently offline Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
st@rlight
twilight

faramir eek! is my favourite men character from the lord of the rings (after isildur and elendil yes ). of course, he is tooooooooo god for eowyn sad , i don't think they had a nice marriage no

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 06:29 PM
st@rlight is currently offline Click here to Send st@rlight a Private Message Find more posts by st@rlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stupid Rookie

I don't consider Boromir as an equal to Aragon. Aragon is was smarter, so even if you say he can "rival" Aragon in swordplay, I still think Aragon takes him the vast majority of the time.

But you put the two brothers together and they beat Arago the majority.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2006 07:44 PM
Stupid Rookie is currently offline Click here to Send Stupid Rookie a Private Message Find more posts by Stupid Rookie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Erech01

Sorry, but ive got to go with Boromir, hes the captain of gondor, and my fav:P boromir is probably physically stronger and easily as great a fighter as aragorn if not better, he carried on fighting with 2 arrows in his chest! a and if you watch the extended version of FOTR he get hit buy a troll half way across balins tomb and STILL survives, aragorn could deal with that, even with anduril, i dont think aragorn could match him in a fair fight, if boromir had to kill aragorn FOR gondors sake (due to bormirs feirce proudness of being gondorian) he would kill aragorn no problem, if it was just a general fight, they would possibly tire eachoher out. with faramir or not, boromir would most likly win

and yes aragorn doesnt have a shild and still survives BUT aragorn didnt have a demented uruk-hia shooting at him, otherwise he would have fallen far easier.

Last edited by Erech01 on Apr 17th, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 11:05 PM
Erech01 is currently offline Click here to Send Erech01 a Private Message Find more posts by Erech01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Erech01

just to add, i think faramir should have been sent to rivendell not boromir, gondor needed boromir ALOT more, sauron ctually feared boromirs ability to defend osgiliath, whereas faramir lost it twice

he didnt fear boromir, just his ability to make his men fght longer and killmore orcs and defending osgiliath in general

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 11:10 PM
Erech01 is currently offline Click here to Send Erech01 a Private Message Find more posts by Erech01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Are we going off of Movie versions or book versions?

Movie versions easily go to the brothers.

However, Seeing as how Aragorn had Numorean bloodlines and was able to fight (and run) for a LONG time without tiring, he has a very good chance. Not to mention in the books it was said that in all of his battles he was never so much as scratched (much different in the movie versions where both Lurtz and that troll were giving him troubles).

The movie depowered just about everyone, with the exception of Legolas who they turned into a God. Legolas, out of Tolkien's very mouth, accomplished THE LEAST of all the fellowship, that includes the hobbits.

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 15th, 2008 05:20 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Originally posted by Erech01
Sorry, but ive got to go with Boromir, hes the captain of gondor, and my fav:P boromir is probably physically stronger and easily as great a fighter as aragorn if not better, he carried on fighting with 2 arrows in his chest! a and if you watch the extended version of FOTR he get hit buy a troll half way across balins tomb and STILL survives, aragorn could deal with that, even with anduril, i dont think aragorn could match him in a fair fight, if boromir had to kill aragorn FOR gondors sake (due to bormirs feirce proudness of being gondorian) he would kill aragorn no problem, if it was just a general fight, they would possibly tire eachoher out. with faramir or not, boromir would most likly win

and yes aragorn doesnt have a shild and still survives BUT aragorn didnt have a demented uruk-hia shooting at him, otherwise he would have fallen far easier.

Boromir is not as good a fighter as Aragorn. That is a fact. Not to add, Aragorn is smarter.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 11:56 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

skywalker833, whilst I'm not agreeing or disagreeing that Boromir is or isn't better than Aragorn. Or Visa-versa, you are stating something as fact, yet don't provide any proof to your claim. I would be interested to see a quote as I myself have been scanning Tolkiens letters and texts in reference of Boromir's skills. Especially in comparison to Aragorn.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 08:50 PM
Rebel95

I cannot exactly find where it said this, but I remember something like, " Aragorn and Boromir were both equal in skill, but Aragorn was wiser, making him the better warrior."

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 11:23 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tulakhordpwns
?

I think the superior numbers would allow Boromir and Faramir to win regardless.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2008 11:38 PM
tulakhordpwns is currently offline Click here to Send tulakhordpwns a Private Message Find more posts by tulakhordpwns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Yeah, that is a fact. Aragorn is an awesome fighter, but he can't take on Boromir AND Faramir

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 01:30 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Legolas, out of Tolkien's very mouth, accomplished THE LEAST of all the fellowship, that includes the hobbits.

Is Tolkien referring to battle feats here or what one did to effect the entire War of the Rings. Because Frodo never once killed a living being in the Lord of the Rings so that would have put Legolas above him yet he bore the One Ring so that pretty much means he accomplished the most.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:31 AM