KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more
Started by: OB1-adobe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
OB1-adobe

If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

I doubt it, but you'll never know.

The inevitable bummer is that even if the movie is really good, the public will still probably reject it as a "stupid Lucas and Speilberg cash in movie"

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 12:50 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Re: If Indy IV does well, do you think they'll make more

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
The inevitable bummer is that even if the movie is really good, the public will still probably reject it as a "stupid Lucas and Speilberg cash in movie"

I dont think the movie would be rejected even if it were a bad movie. People love Indiana Jones, People love speilberg and Lucas. A bomb in Steven spielbergs world is still a blockbuster hit. War of the worlds did well under expected, but it still grossed over 240 million. I Think this movie has a very good chance at being just as good as the last two sequals in the series. Spielberg and Lucas have been working on this idea for years now. Where most other directors would have abadoned a project after its 10th re write and fifth writer, these two just worked harder. Though, i think Spielberg has become overated as of late, and i think Lucas is nothing more than a marketing whore, They have proven that they can make cinematic gold when they take their time with a project. I think their skepticism towards this project says alot about what it is that will be the final project

As for more sequals, Unless The daughter of in the movie attracts more of a draw the harrison ford did as indy, I think this will be it for the series most definitely. You catn name a movie Indiana Jones and not have Indiana jones in it. Maybe a sequal would be called Sarah Jones, the daughter of Indiana Jones laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 01:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Versyn Gaul
Samurai for Hire

You also have to take into account age and frame of mind. I was 11/12 when i saw Raiders of the lost Ark There is no way to recapture that magic of youth. It will never be as good.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 02:20 AM
Versyn Gaul is currently offline Click here to Send Versyn Gaul a Private Message Find more posts by Versyn Gaul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Hawk

^^ Agreed. Too much time has gone by IMO.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 02:38 AM
The Hawk is currently offline Click here to Send The Hawk a Private Message Find more posts by The Hawk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Versyn Gaul
You also have to take into account age and frame of mind. I was 11/12 when i saw Raiders of the lost Ark There is no way to recapture that magic of youth. It will never be as good.

Star wars. big grin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2007 08:44 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

I don't think they will make any more no matter how the movie fares. Just look how long it took them to get this one off the ground. Harrison Ford will likely be a dribbling wreck in a nursing home somewhere by the time they get round to Indy 5.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2007 12:00 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by zombieman
. Harrison Ford will likely be a dribbling wreck in a nursing home somewhere by the time they get round to Indy 5.

Thats the one im looking forward for, The one where micheal J fox becomes his guide along the grand canyon. Marty, Is pushing indy in the wheelchair down the grand canyon. They have to make it to the bottom alive so they can stop the aliens from stealing Excalibur, which belongs in a museum. As marty, begins to shake uncontrollably his grip begins to weaken on indys chair and the ground is giing way,,, Suspense up the ass hole right there folks. Stephen, call me...we can do business

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 01:44 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Its possible if it does turn out good mght end up like the bond franchise and hopefully no bad ones along the way.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 02:28 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I dont know about that. Indiana has been established to a certain era, and to a single man with an already established past. This character has been breathed to life by harrison ford. Indiana will always be associated with harrison and no one else

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 05:08 AM
exanda kane

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Thats the one im looking forward for, The one where micheal J fox becomes his guide along the grand canyon. Marty, Is pushing indy in the wheelchair down the grand canyon. They have to make it to the bottom alive so they can stop the aliens from stealing Excalibur, which belongs in a museum. As marty, begins to shake uncontrollably his grip begins to weaken on indys chair and the ground is giing way,,, Suspense up the ass hole right there folks. Stephen, call me...we can do business

eek!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2007 12:40 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

nah there won't be a 5th, I think we are in the stage of the Movie World where they are digging into the classic movies and making more of them, Die Hard, Rambo for example.

This is going to be a fan-pleaser for the fans who love the indie movies and demand more.

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 05:52 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Like the Star Wars prequels, I think this will be entertaining and watchable; but critically, a bad movie.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2007 08:13 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The difference between movies that are just sequels to forgotten movies is that they dont have Spielberg directing it.

They wont make an 5th, but just because this is the 4th movie doesnt meant this wont be good.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 02:56 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Smasandian
The difference between movies that are just sequels to forgotten movies is that they dont have Spielberg directing it.

They wont make an 5th, but just because this is the 4th movie doesnt meant this wont be good.

yeah, 3 was far and away better than 2

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 03:06 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

They might re-launch the Young Indiana Jones series.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 03:11 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
They might re-launch the Young Indiana Jones series.
Or they might be grooming Shia LaBeouf's character to take over the series.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 07:21 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Or they might be grooming Shia LaBeouf's character to take over the series.

I hope I'm wrong in hindsight, but I really do not want that to happen.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 07:27 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

The amazing thing is that right now, somewhere in America, Harrison Ford is dressed as Indiana Jones and they're filming a new Indy movie. That puts gossebumps on my arms.

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2007 10:18 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

They're filming in the States?

I would think they would be filming somewhere else, like Central America or something?

What is the story for this film?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2007 03:14 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Nothing has been confirmed, they're keeping it all under wraps.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2007 11:31 AM