KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (DARK SIDE)- The Prisoner of Datura

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (DARK SIDE)- The Prisoner of Datura
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (438): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE V (DARK SIDE)- The Prisoner of Datura

CORUSCANT

Target Profile 86/B.
Group of criminals assembled together for mutual protection. An amalgamation of several pre-existing groups, including that of priority target Larios Kuylen [this file has recently been updated].

Group evaded capture on first attempt at seizure in an operation that resulted in the death of Agent Helkin. Due to relationship with Kuylen, destruction of this group is considered a priority. An Agent has been given orders to Seek, Locate and Destroy this group, as well as all other connections to the criminal Kuylen.

Group has retreated beyond range of sensor net, but is suspected to still be active on the galactic fringes. Confirmed recent activity at the planet Newhaven. Transponder contact has been lost since this time.

The following list contains all possible locations where this group may be hiding. These locations will be searched when resources allow.”

“That's quite a list.” The man who replied to this statement was dressed in the grey uniform of an Agent, with an insignia of rank on one side.

“There are several thousand star systems within range of Newhaven. Even with other corroborating sources, it is a miracle that we got it down this far.”

“How long will it take you to search all of these areas?”

“As long as it takes.”

“Spare me the propaganda. What is the estimated complete search time?” The Agent hesitated before replying.

“Fourteen years.”

“That might be leaving it a little on the late side for a... 'priority target'. The powers that be may not be satisfied.”

“I believe we have the complete confidence of the Chancellor. Our operations have a very high success rate. Statistically speaking, some were bound to slip through. These people can do no real harm any more. A few border worlds affected, maybe. Sooner or later, we'll find them and destroy them, and no-one will remember.”

“Ah, but some people ARE remembered, aren't they? Like this Kuylen fellow. I see his file has been recently updated?”

“All possible avenues of investigation are on-going.”

“Yes, but wasn't his file closed? A committee concluded he was dead?”

“Fresh evidence has arrived.”

“So I see! Let's have a look. Agent on the scene, eh? Enough evidence to put an Agent straight on the case. The Treganna Void? Not exactly in your jurisdiction.”

“A threat to the Republic does not cease to be a threat because it is outside our jurisdiction.”

“Admirable commitment. And a fresh report too! Agent on-scene confirms- Kuylen alive... and taken prisoner by the Emperor of the Treganna Void! Sentenced to life imprisonment on the Datura penal colony. An embarrassment indeed!”

“The situation will be under control. Soon. Is there anything else?”

“No no, it is fine. I have seen all I need to. My report will be most favourable. Good day, agent.”

Upon leaving, the man made a call on his communicator.

“Get onto central records. Bring me everything that is recorded on a star system known as 'Epireus'...”

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 1st, 2010 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

And so we come on to Episode V of the Second Campaign. Times are changing for you guys. The Lady. Syphar n Kalar. Kuylen. Suddenly there is more to do than just... existing.

The rules system has been in place for some while now, and is here to stay.. You gave it a fair shakedown on Gonderkorro, and other than updates for balance and such, it is much the same as it was then. You know what the Dark Side is like, of course... and the chances are you are going to have to be rather good at that system to survive this one!

This game is VERY violent and VERY nasty. You are being pitched into a situation that is abut as generally unpleasant as we can bring a Star Wars game even a Dark Sided one. Don't let your imagination run away with you here- this is still Star Wars. But if the Dark Side is about survival at any costs then we are going to see if you are worthy of that, to be sure!

As we start, of course, you have recently intercepted a transmission from the Treganna Void that confirms the existence of Kuylen. This is of interest to you for various reasons. Some of you have a history with him. Some of you may be attracted to the legend. Some of you want to know what he knows. And some of you just need access to a fresh sample of is DNA, needed to unlock an encoded message from the dead man Briande, who was in possession of an ancient message of mystery, with this coded addendum implanted on it. The trouble is, Kuylen is apparently a prisoner in the Void... and that;s a prison no-one has ever beaten. We pick things up a day after you got the message, and we see what preparations you have made since then.

Now, at this point, in the time where the game is still gearing up, you need to tell me if you are going to use any of your predictive powers. There are three such powers you may have- ‘Dreams’ if you have Master Intuition, ‘Foresight’ if you have Master Insight, and Manifest Destiny if you have Master Corruption. Dreams is free to use, though you can make it more likely to work if you spend a Force point on it. Foresight and Manifest Destiny always works, but always costs Force! You may only use one power. Remember, these Force points have to last you for the entire story.

‘Dreams’ means you receive an unconscious set of images about events that are to come- obscure meanings and metaphors that you must decipher to find clues in.

‘Foresight’ is more direct and represents you actively navigating the future to find answers. Whilst the way you see the future may still be obscure, Foresight will definitely contain directly useful information somewhere, sometimes about very important things. Minor revelations from Foresight can give you useful clues for story advantage. Major revelations could change the entire plotline in your favour- if used correctly.

‘Manifest Destiny’ gives you particular clues and advice about elements of a story not directly related to the main plot, though there is normally an association. It won’t help you with the main plotline at all- but it will help you personally! If you fulfil the ‘challenge;’ of a Manifest Destiny hook, you will be rewarded not only with in-game power, but also bonus xp!

Let me know... and then you can deal with your guests!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 12th, 2011 at 05:02 PM

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:44 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

In typical Star Wars style, we begin with a shot in space, panning downwards to reveal a world- Epireus- as a freighter slides by. This freighter is long and tubular, and it is bearing directly towards the mountainous region of the planet. We hear female voices, presumably from those inside the ship.

“Lay in a landing course as high as you can get me. I don't have much time to waste.”

“Programmed in and locked into approach. How do you think they will react?”

“We're giving them an opportunity. They should be grateful, but I suspect they will not be. It does not matter. They have no real choice.”

“It is difficult for me to predict how they will act.”

“Obfuscation is in their nature.”

“It is not that. I have accounted for that. They are... not as I expected.”

“They are violent and temperamental men. They are of use for their aptitudes and nothing else.”

“Not all of them are men. Not all of them are outwardly violent. Even those of them that are have...”

“Yes?”

“They have survived longer than is normal. There is some mystery I do not understand.”

“Do not get so caught up in their ways., Survival is an animalistic instinct that they are in touch with; nothing more.”

“It would be wise of us to learn more about them”

A laugh. “I sense the curiosity within you. It has little to do with that which is practical. Still. I suppose there is a certain interest to them. Study them if you will. Perhaps we will make use of it.”

-

Epireus base

From computer read-outs, databanks, intercepted transmissions and even just sodding great maps on paper, you have spent the last day arranging as much information as you know about the Treganna Void and the Emperor Rivas who claims to have captured Kuylen.

Created by former pirates who became so rich that they were able to form their own Empire, it is a collection of distant star systems ruled by the iron fist of the Emperor from his seat at the planet Selene. The domination is financial in nature. The Emperor's rule is shown, overtly, by his tax collectors, who demand tribute from all of his subject worlds. Covertly, his secret police are everywhere, taking note of those who would oppose his will (or avoid his taxes).

Much of the empire is not actually within the Void. Indeed, the name actually comes from within the Republic; the 'void' is actually an enormous field of dense particles that effectively block light coming through them. From within the Republic, all that can be seen is a great mass of... nothing. The empire is actually behind the Void, within systems the Republic cannot see (though the existence of the ex-pirate empire has long been known). |They have no particular distinction to them, other than that in such a place ruled by sheer force and tyranny, there is quite often opposition and hence his forces are battle experienced- and very well equipped. Rivas himself has a certain reputation- he is a tenth Dan master with the rare Electrostaff weapon. He teaches his favoured bodyguards in the use of that weapon also. His less favoured- though still very competent- guards are also trained in melee weapon techniques. His grunts all bear a variety of sidearms, longarms and heavy weapons.

The biggest problem you have discovered is this. His prison planet- upon which he says Kuylen is imprisoned- is the world of Datura. This world... IS in the void.

It is a penal colony, based on a former mining world, that has no guards. Prisoners are simply placed in the old mining complex and then abandoned. Although breathable, the world is barren- there is nothing for anyone on the outside, even if they could get out the complex. More importantly... there is no way to get off the planet.
Space travel within the void is nearly impossible. Any ship exiting hyperspace is literally shredded within seconds as they impact the particles at high speed. With care, entering hyperspace is possible within... but leaving it inside the Void is fatal.

The minions of Rivas do actually have a solution to this-- not an elegant one. They construct very large ships, entirely designed for one custom function- they bear on their front an enormous metal shield, larger in itself than most spaceships are. Upon leaving hyperspace, the shield is shredded... and the ship left intact. It is a one-use deal, and new shields need to be constructed each time. Travel into the Void is very rare- and only criminals who have attracted the Emperor's personal displeasure are 'rewarded' with imprisonment on Datura.

No-one has ever escaped.

You are busy arguing how to take care of this problem- you don't have anything like the resources needed to build such a ship, or crew one if stolen- when one of you notices the incoming ship on your scanners.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:44 PM
Peach
mordrem

Oh, damnit, Ush...

(also, hah, I win for once!)

Dreams in a PM, please.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:51 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier will have brought in his Ally Trax to pilot his ship. He doesn't have any premonition powers so that he doesn't have to worry about them stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 03:57 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dak glances at the scanners as others argue about ways and means that are nonexistent. He doesn't comprehend it for a moment, then swears loudly in his native tongue as he focuses on a screen.

"Uh... guys? We... have company."

What can the scanners tell about the ship?

No premonitiony stuff for me, heh.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:02 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's an unidentified civilian freighter.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"Seriously?" Galder responds, looking up from a map of the Void. He races over to view the sensors for himself, then swears too.

Does Galder have time to get to his fighter? Does it look like they want to land?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:09 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"Some kind of freighter, not military... no identification." He looks around at the rest of the group, tail flicking. "...What do we do?"

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

"Find out who they are, and why they're here," Rianna replies, looking over the scanners now that her attention is called to it.

If no one else does it, Rianna will, which means it won't be terribly polite.

Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

By the time you get the elevator up to the top, this thing will already be making a landing approach- as indeed, it is not going into orbit. It's coming into the atmosphere.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:10 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

...yeah, Rianna should totally contact them. eek!

We don't have any defenses for this sort of situation, do we?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:11 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder will get on the comms with it.

"Unidentified craft, tell us who you are and what the hell you want."

Also, Dreams in a PM.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:13 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

After a few seconds, a transmission is returned.

"Epireus Base. I speak for the Lady Adelmo."

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:13 PM
Peach
mordrem

"...of course. Who else would it be?" Rianna mutters. She snags the comms from Galder.

"And just what is it she wants from us this time?"

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:15 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"She will address you in person. Out."

The comm link closes.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:16 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Galder sighs.

"She is not going to like that we are going after Kuylen, I feel."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:19 PM
Peach
mordrem

"Good for her," Rianna replies to Galder.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:19 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"Won't this be fun... I hate being told what to do..."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:20 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Xavier walks into room hearing everything.

"So we are having company then."

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Mar 1st, 2010 04:21 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote