KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » my photography

my photography
Started by: jaden101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

my photography

i'm relatively new to the photography game and make a little bit of cash doing stuff for local bands and finally got a picture published as part of an article in a newspaper about one of the bands...albeit i never initially got recognition and they breached my copyright in using it

here's a few of them starting with the 1 that got used in the article

(please log in to view the image)

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 12:02 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jadeily
Puddin' Pop

Looks good mate smile Try taking more and from different different angles.
And different objects too big grin

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 12:00 PM
jadeily is currently offline Click here to Send jadeily a Private Message Find more posts by jadeily Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

not bad man, the second photo is quite professional. Not that i am a professional, by any means. Because i, too am relatively new to photography, at least seriously But, your second photo definitely has good composition and is clean. You show some flare for the artistic side as well. Keep it up, partner. I, for one, would like to see more. Do you know how and when to adjust the aperture?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 03:17 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i know a little about ISO and F stops but not as much as i should...i'm trying to learn more...my camera isn't great by any means...

in dark setting (like i gig) i switch off the (mostly anyway) and have a large apperture but with a relatively high shutter speed to try and not have a blurry picture but to allow enough light in to get a decent image

Old Post Jun 13th, 2008 05:34 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

some more recent examples of stuff i've done

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 11:04 PM
DangerousBeauty

beautiful

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 11:21 PM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

thank you very much...i'm hoping to get out and about with my camera over the next few weeks and do some stuff around my city...views that most people ignore...it's autumn which is always my favourite season around my home town

i'll post 'em when i get 'em

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2008 11:26 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

That photo of the guitar is brilliant. What kind of camera do you use?

It's crap that your name didn't get put with the photo in that article, but well done for getting in somewhere.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 09:50 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

thank you very much

i use a canon EOS 350D...it's a generation out-of-date but it does the job...i need to get a flash unit and diffuser for it as well as a decent quality lens with a low F-stop number so i can get better close ups

i'm actually wanting to retake that guitar pic cause it's a little bit out of focus...i had to use a wide aperture to get enough light in cause i took it indoors....and as such bits are out of focus...so it i take it outdoors and redo it then hopefully i can use a smaller aperture and get more in focus

i edit using picasa cause it's easy...i have never used photoshop before but hopefully i'll download it soon and start messing around with it and see what i can come up with

Old Post Oct 21st, 2008 10:50 PM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

started playing around with long exposures in the dark stick out tongue

it's my starting practice for a photography competition that canon are running called electric graffiti

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 05:41 PM
DangerousBeauty

how do you do that writing stuff? o.0 i've always wondered that.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 03:25 AM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

you have to set your shutter speed manually to the slowest possible setting....put your camera on a stable surface (preferably use a proper tripod)...hit the button...and then draw patterns in the air with whatever light source you're using

a standard shutter speed is normally between 100 and 200....change this way down...this means 1/100 or 1/200 of a second shutter speed...usually with a wide aperture and outdoors this is enough to let enough light in and get a very still shot

you then change this value down to 30" which gives an exposure time of 30 seconds (the max available on my camera)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 10:00 PM
~Wålshy~
Restricted

Account Restricted

wow, cool stuff. thumb up

Thanks to That AC/DC Chick <3

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 11:53 PM
~Wålshy~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Wålshy~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Wålshy~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

a few more with some different colours...courtesy of the following items

a twin bulb neon torch (blue)
the light on my shower switch (red)
stand by light on my tv (red)
my alarm clock (green)

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 12:59 AM
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

my favourite piece of work so far

it's actually from a Ryan Adams gig in Edinburgh

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:26 PM