KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Death At A Funeral remake

Death At A Funeral remake
Started by: Kazenji

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Death At A Funeral remake

Yep theres one coming

quote:
Morgan and Lawrence Join Death at a Funeral
Source: The Hollywood Reporter March 7, 2009

Tracy Morgan and Martin Lawrence are joining Chris Rock in Screen Gems and Sidney Kimmel Entertainment's remake of Death at a Funeral, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Also joining the cast are Loretta Devine, Ron Glass, Danny Glover, Regina Hall, James Marsden, Zoe Saldana and Columbus Short.

Neil LaBute is directing the ensemble comedy in which a funeral ceremony turns into a debacle of misplaced cadavers and family secrets. When things can't get any worse, a man arrives saying he's the dead man's gay lover and threatens blackmail.

Rock, who co-wrote the script with Ayesha Carr, is producing with Sidney Kimmel, Share Stalling, Lawrence Malkin and William Horberg.

I say lame erm

the 2007 British one is good enough as it is and i'm guessing they're only doing this because they think american audiences could'nt understand british humor some crap like that.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 07:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm English and didn't find the original that funny, quite a mediocre film actually, bit of a strange remake lol. Wasn't the gay lover in the original the dwarf? Peter Dinklage was one of the highlights of the original film.

Don't think I will be going anywhere near the remake, not a fan of most of the cast and the director is the guy who made the terrible Wickerman remake, so I don't have high hopes.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 05:28 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Wow, this is ridiculous. I understand remakes across different languages, but Death at a Funeral is already in English. I highly doubt the remake will be as good.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2009 05:32 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

um... i LOVED death at a funeral. hilarious. !!

so now there's a need to all "ebonize" it up? well, at least the wayans brothers aren't behind this one. chris rock is pretty good ; there might be some chuckleworthy moments... but then again, with some of the material in the first one, there's a chance for some major eugh-moments.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2009 01:09 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote