KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Best Worst Batman Villain

Best Worst Batman Villain
Started by: ToyChop

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ToyChop

Best Worst Batman Villain

I'd say Batman has the SECOND coolest rogues gallery in comics (Spidey's got him beat by a hair), *BUT* Batman has the distinction of having an awesome array of arch-enemies while simultaneously having some of the worst supervillains to ever grace a comic page.

C'mon...the Ventriloquist? Maxie Zeus? The friggin' Trigger Twins?!?

That said, there are Bat villains so dopey they round the corner of awful and become awesome. My guilty pleasure Bat villain that has zero chance of ever fighting Christian Bale...? Killer Moth.

Moth theme, striped pants, once got beat by Batgirl's shoe...what's not to love? My tribute to his lavender shirted awesomeness here:

http://toychop.wordpress.com/2009/0...ssor-deathmoth/

Is there a better worst Batman villain...?

I say no.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 07:20 PM
ToyChop is currently offline Click here to Send ToyChop a Private Message Find more posts by ToyChop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Best Worst Batman Villain

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ToyChop
I'd say Batman has the SECOND coolest rogues gallery in comics (Spidey's got him beat by a hair)

I can't just agree with that....nope, no way.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 09:08 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToyChop

Re: Re: Best Worst Batman Villain

Originally posted by WhoopeeDee

You think Bats has a better stable of villains or you think there's a different comic character that beats 'em both?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 09:18 PM
ToyChop is currently offline Click here to Send ToyChop a Private Message Find more posts by ToyChop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Re: Re: Best Worst Batman Villain

Originally posted by ToyChop
You think Bats has a better stable of villains?

Yes

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 09:26 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToyChop

I think it's close, and while Batman's rogues are awesomely dark and evil, I've always leaned toward the flashy costumed supervillains like Electro, Mysterio and Hobgoblin.

Since Spider-Man's group of baddies has more of those type of villains than Batman, it's what tips the scale--for me--in Spidey's favor.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 09:39 PM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

batmans villains are a little more entertaining to me

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 05:30 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ComicsGoddess
Comic Book Fangirl

Agreed, I like Batman's rogues much better.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:46 AM
ComicsGoddess is currently offline Click here to Send ComicsGoddess a Private Message Find more posts by ComicsGoddess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToyChop

Originally posted by chomperx9
batmans villains are a little more entertaining to me

Originally posted by ComicsGoddess
Agreed, I like Batman's rogues much better.

*adjusts tie, looks around the room nervously, backs away from crowd*

Now...now let's not do anything hasty...

No argument that Batman's got an A+ rogues gallery. So any contenders for the "Best Worst Batman Villain" title that I think Killer Moth holds? Crazy Quilt maybe? Calendar Man? Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 12:33 PM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

The Riddler has always struck me as pure fail.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 12:51 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToyChop

Originally posted by Placidity

Y'know, I wanna like the Riddler but I've never been given a reason to really connect with the character. I don't know if I'd put him on the same level as Killer Moth or anything, but the Riddler is definitely a "middle-of-the-pack" villain.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 01:32 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Placidity

Huh?! Nigma is been known to challenge the detective skills of Batman. He's one of the most challenging villains in the gallery. His antics maybe wacky...but that's just his personality.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 10:08 PM
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Well, if we can expand beyond the comic and look at the entire Batman franchise, I can think of a couple:
Olga and Egghead, Calender Man, Calender Girl, Bat-Mite, King Tut, just to name a few.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Aug 26th, 2009 04:40 PM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Riddler is an awesome character. The recent Gotham City Sirens #3 just proved that again.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2009 08:34 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToyChop

I love that Gooflactus av.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well, if we can expand beyond the comic and look at the entire Batman franchise, I can think of a couple:
Olga and Egghead, Calender Man, Calender Girl, Bat-Mite, King Tut, just to name a few.

Wow, I was just thinking the comic universe when I posted the thread, but yeah, we open it up and it gets 300% more ridiculous. The Adam West show gave us the gems you listed above and an ever MORE absurd Killer Moth...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDnlrfq5tQE

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 04:53 AM
Davis Bloome
Death Must Follow

Batman's rogue's gallery is the best in comics, bar none, but as far as his worst villains go, I'd have to cast my vote for either Maxie Zeus or Ventriloquist. As much as I try, I just can't like Ventriloquist. He's too damn lame.

Whirlwind of Chaos

Old Post Sep 7th, 2009 07:24 AM
Davis Bloome is currently offline Click here to Send Davis Bloome a Private Message Find more posts by Davis Bloome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

Ventriloquist is one of my favs thanx to the 90's animated series

Old Post Jun 12th, 2011 12:44 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Not a bad villain by any stretch but definitely a worst Batman villain. Marvel's Bullseye's worst showing ever was against Batman (even more pathetic than being crippled by American Eagle). Yes, despite being a superior fighter and having an adamantium jaw, Batman took out the world's deadliest assassin with one punch...

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2011 02:29 AM
Darth Jello is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 11:01 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

the penguin

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 10:35 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

In my mind, Batman's rogue gallery is stacked. I don't think there's a character with that many great villains.

My personnal favorite is Two-Face. The background is fabulous. Seeing him going down in the spiral of events in The Long Halloween is a must.

The most boring would be Mr Freeze.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2011 11:52 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote