KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Borg thread

Borg thread
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules
The doctor

Borg thread

I looked and saw no thread that was dedicated to the borg...apart from the one asking about the ships...but anyways I gotta say the borg are my favorite trek villains...they are rather scary and they are very powerful foes. Plus one of the greatest trek storylines was when picard was turned into a borg...I loved that 2 parter. Plus who can forget them in first contact, it got so bad for Picard that he was going to self destruct the Enterprise E but that was until Data stopped it. I read on wiki that there was going to be an episode of enterprise where we were going to get to see the origin of the borg queen but that never happened which was rather dissapointing. So anyone else here like the borg and wanna share some fond memories and thoughts on them? Perhaps maybe post a few pics big grin

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 09:50 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Well i played the game Star Trek Legacy and the extras had a Borg origin....it seems that Vygr-from the first star trek movie was the begining of the borg, and when it took the form of a woman and merged with that guy who stayed behind....it was the start of the borg's desire for perfection.....thats off the top of my head...and i know its a game, just thought i would throw it out there

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 02:32 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

It's nice to know the origin of the borg, like how it all started, there's so many of them around

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 05:42 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The Borg, like Wolverine, should have kept their anoniminity and never have revealed an origin. It's so much more fun that way.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 10:49 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I've seen quite a few borg episodes and I never get bored of them, they always interest me

Old Post Jul 30th, 2008 11:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

"Resistance is Futile"

I'll look for some pics and post them.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 07:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

An awesome race, i get little shudders every time i see them.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 08:54 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Here's a cool little picture I found

Attachment: galactus_of_borg.jpg
This has been downloaded 111 time(s).

Old Post Aug 1st, 2008 10:07 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i wonder if we'll ever see the borg again...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 09:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I hope so...think the first time I saw them was.....Star Trek voyager scorpion part 2, I found them to be so amazing

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2008 10:56 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Raoul
i wonder if we'll ever see the borg again...

i wonder if they will get a cameo in the new film........then again it is based of the earlier star trek enterprise.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 10:16 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

They weren't even known then messed

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 11:37 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
i wonder if they will get a cameo in the new film........then again it is based of the earlier star trek enterprise.

As far as I know, no borg in this..

Locutus of Borg..

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 05:12 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Locutus, the most surprising Borg of all time...No one ever expected that Picard would become a member of the collective...I woulda liked to have seen that last a little longer and maybe have Riker captain the enterprise, he was sooo cool and I can see why he was Picards no.1, he would make a great captain

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 09:40 PM
Badabing
Karen

Is it wrong to want a 6 of 9 with Seven Of Nine?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 01:30 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Badabing
Is it wrong to want a 6 of 9 with Seven Of Nine?

Not at all

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 04:39 AM
steverules
The doctor

That would be interesting

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 07:52 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by starlock
Well i played the game Star Trek Legacy and the extras had a Borg origin....it seems that Vygr-from the first star trek movie was the begining of the borg, and when it took the form of a woman and merged with that guy who stayed behind....it was the start of the borg's desire for perfection.....thats off the top of my head...and i know its a game, just thought i would throw it out there

That .... would make some sense (I suppose) except for the fact that V-ger seemed more powerful than a Borg cube.

So what do you guys think about the Replicators from Stargate? think they could take out the Borg?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 08:31 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Scoobless

So what do you guys think about the Replicators from Stargate? think they could take out the Borg?

it's an interesting question since they both effectively assimilate other technologies...would the borg nano-probes be able to assimilate the replicators

although i would think that if the replicators can take out the Asgard (or at least cause massive problems) then they should be able to cope with the Borg

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2008 09:34 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I saw Q who again, it really was a great episode, it was nice to see it again

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 11:53 AM