KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Seeking a ban?

Seeking a ban?
Started by: Grand-Moff-Gav

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grand-Moff-Gav

Question Seeking a ban?

I was in a discussion and a user said they had once sought a ban- to ensure that they would be stopped from coming onto the forums for a period of time...

I was just wondering though, can a user request a ban and if they did, would it be granted?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:46 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I was in a discussion and a user said they had once sought a ban- to ensure that they would be stopped from coming onto the forums for a period of time...

I was just wondering though, can a user request a ban and if they did, would it be granted?
There have been cases where it has been granted, I do believe the most recent policy is a blanket "no", though one case comes to mind lately, though the user and the mod were on good terms, so I guess there are ways.

The discussion you witnessed though, the guy wanted to vent before being banned, I believe.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:49 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Re: Seeking a ban?

Is this me you're speaking about? let me know if it is, so as to take back any of the following I'm about to state.

As we all know these boards serve as a pastime and even an addiction at times. Even the most critical of discussions are not enough to keep a person from coming back. The answer on requesting a ban has always to my knowledge been "no" because there's a chance down the road they'll want to come back and all that jazz. However, the easiest solution was the immature solution I decided to take and to my unfortunate dismay, the ban wasn't permanent, rather three days.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 05:48 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

schecter requested a perma-ban and got one if i remember correctly

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 11:35 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Which wasn't supposed to have happened.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:32 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Yeah, so, what Bardock said

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 01:33 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Sometime ago, Globals gave self-requested bans. Some people were asking for, example, a week ban so that they could study. Raz told the Globals that this needs to cease. Ergo it did. With the exception of Schecter, that is.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 11:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah right, so Schecter broke the rules by being banned? How strange. I don't blame him for asking for it, really.

It saved Ush the work and obvious pleasure of handing out yet another temp ban.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 10:27 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, so, what Bardock said

nobody listens to Bardock though...dont tell him i said this...but i think he's gay

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 11:47 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by jaden101
nobody listens to Bardock though...dont tell him i said this...but i think he's gay
Your secret is safe with me.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2008 11:51 AM
Clovie

talking from own experience. the best way to gain a ban is to had a fight with Raz, but actually the easier way is just to stop coming here if you're tired of forums.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:19 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, not coming here wouldn't get you a a ban, would it?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 01:17 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

I think what she's saying is there is an equally adquete alternative to a Ban...its a little self-control.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 06:00 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I think what she's saying is there is an equally adquete alternative to a Ban...its a little self-control.
Doesn't make as good a point.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 06:07 PM
Scythe
The Goat

Self-control? Has this been tried by the people praising they can do it? Maybe the odd aree they couldn't. However some can.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 06:18 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

it is not about self control. it is about having life (or some other stuff to do on the net)

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 07:07 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Some, if not many, severly lack something to do on the net.

Just to make sure, is this thread about me?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 10:38 PM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Scythe

Yeah.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 10:46 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Clovie
it is not about self control. it is about having life (or some other stuff to do on the net)

Why does it bother you what other people want to do with their time? Or whether they want to be banned, or not? How's it any of your business?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:03 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by Scythe

Not really no, its about whether or not users can ask to be banned.

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
Why does it bother you what other people want to do with their time? Or whether they want to be banned, or not? How's it any of your business?

Is there irony to be found in the fact that she has the third highest post count?

Last edited by Grand-Moff-Gav on Sep 7th, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 11:03 PM