KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » Episode 28 - Weapons Factory

Episode 28 - Weapons Factory
Started by: Ordo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Episode 28 - Weapons Factory

One thing I always loved about the RC game was that it really portrayed Geonosis (and the Clone Wars in general) as CREEPY. I'm excited that this episode seems to be taking that to heart.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 04:40 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

The concept seems a bit idiotic though... Having two Jedi Masters create a diversion so their padawans can destroy an important droid factory... I mean come on...

Wasn't Bariss Offee already a Jedi knight at the time of Skywalker's knighthood in the Genndy series?

Old Post Nov 11th, 2009 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Barriss became a Knight during that series, as I recall, but I can't remember at what point in it and if Anakin was already a Knight at that point. This series isn't necessarily going to consider that one canon, though.

However, I don't care. They're finally putting her in an episode! I've been waiting for them to do that for ages big grin

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

Luminara clearly states shes still a padawan at this point.

I really love that Barriss and to some extent Luminara really have some traditional muslim overtones...with the head coverings and battle dresses. Its nice to see female jedi that aren't pleather wearing sluts or tweens bearing their midriffs.

Barriss is kind of a know it all though..like her master...lol

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 02:31 AM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, I like Luminara and Barriss.

I figure that having the Masters make the distraction... well, they're more powerful and more skilled, maybe more likely to withstand pulling all the bad guys toward 'em? Makes it easier for Padawans (who are pretty talented anyway).

Old Post Nov 12th, 2009 08:30 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

I got the impression from Luminara that Barriss was was almost complete with her Padawan training by the things she was saying. She had alot more faith in her padawan than Anakin did.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 14th, 2009 03:46 PM
Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Exile

Wait a seocnd. Is this before Illum?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 03:08 PM
Click here to Send Dark Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

As Luminara still calls Bariss her Padawan, I would assume it is. But then again, Skywalker was only made a knight quite some time after the events on Illum... Bit of a shame to destroy the continuity here in my opinion.

Nevertheless, good episode, it showes exactly the kind of behaviour that brought Skywalker to the dark side.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 04:45 PM
Click here to Send Hybris a Private Message Find more posts by Hybris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark Exile
Wait a seocnd. Is this before Illum?

Yes. Just remember that even within the series, these episodes are not in order (re: The Hidden Enemy)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 08:43 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Ordo
Yes. Just remember that even within the series, these episodes are not in order (re: The Hidden Enemy)
That's what I figured also. The micro series was spread out over a period of 2 or 3 years.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 16th, 2009 11:37 PM
Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Well even if you consider it that way, Skywalker still became a knight after Bariss became a knight stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 01:28 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

not if the episodes were out of order...

Its dumb, but I'm just saying...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2009 04:19 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I think Anakin actually became a Jedi Knight before Barriss did. She wasn't becoming a Knight in the old Clone Wars cartoon.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 08:28 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hybris
Jedi Panda

Bariss: "You have taught me well, Master Luminara."

Luminara: "Remember always: the crystal is the heart of the blade. Bariss Offee, your training is complete."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 03:37 PM
REXXXX
Networking

According to Wookieepedia, she became Knight much later in the war than that, after the Battle of Drongar...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 03:44 PM
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

I took the Gendy series as her becomming a knight...she builds her own lightsaber.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2009 06:45 PM
Peach
mordrem

So, basically.

We don't know where the timelines from the two cartoons actually are in relation to each other.

We don't know if this series is even following anything from the other series at all.

We don't know exactly when Barriss became a Knight or not.

This is Star Wars. Why is anyone surprised that various continuities don't line up? Lucas himself fails at keeping things straight.

Originally posted by Ordo
I took the Gendy series as her becomming a knight...she builds her own lightsaber.

That doesn't really mean anything. On Wookieepedia it said she built her first one when she was 16, which would have been years previous to this (since, according to The Approaching Storm, she's supposed to be around Anakin's age).

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 04:08 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yeah, pretty sure that building a lightsaber is done earlier in Jedi training. It was a bigger deal for Luke because he had nobody to show him (hence Vader's comment in ROTJ) but in this time period, seems to be the norm.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2009 08:52 AM
Tsal Can

Pfft, Wookiepedia. wink

Last edited by Tsal Can on Nov 20th, 2009 at 05:44 AM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2009 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tsal Can

What a creepy episode.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2009 04:36 AM
Click here to Send Tsal Can a Private Message Find more posts by Tsal Can Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote