KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Zero Punctuation

Zero Punctuation
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Laugh Zero Punctuation

So what do you think of this guy? His name is Ben Croshaw. He is a video game reviewer and extremely critical of game franchise such as Halo, Mario Bros, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, and others.

He seems to satirize his reviews and can could care less about the rage of rabid fanboys.

Have you seen his reviews? Here is one of his recent reviews:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...al-Gear-Solid-4

(Warning: Foul language in the video)

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jul 3rd, 2008 at 04:38 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 04:34 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I love him. stick out tongue

His reviews are often hilarious and I tend to agree with a lot of what he says, and we seem to share the same ideas about gaming. His Condemned 2 review is classic. laughing out loud

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 04:39 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Yahtzee is great. I love his reviews. Even when I disagree, I can still laugh at the humor, and the guy certainly has a way with words. Few can string together such eloquent insults.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 04:43 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

He is very good, a reviewer who can make me laugh.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 04:44 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Yeah he's great, seen all of his reviews.

A few of them aren't so great though, but luckly there arent many of those. I like how when he is talking about perfection Portal is next to Jesus on the scale.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 05:06 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, metal gear 4 does blow

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 05:13 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

He's alright.

I like his articles in PC Gamer. Don't actually go to his website very often.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 08:05 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 08:28 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

His reviews never fail to make me laugh.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 09:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

His webcomic rant this week was probably the weakest he has done, it really didnt interest me. I was hoping he would review more old games that he liked, like his Painkiller review. I had never played or knew anything about Painkiller, but it was still funny as hell to hear him talk about. stick out tongue

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 09:08 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peach
His reviews never fail to make me laugh.

yeah, I looked through about ten of them and they all made me laugh my ass off.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 09:36 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by @st
His webcomic rant this week was probably the weakest he has done, it really didnt interest me.

I agree, I didn't see the point of taking on Ctrl+Alt comic. I like it better when he takes on games or franchises. Aside from that the guy is real good.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 09:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Wow. I just watched a bunch of them. The Mass Effect one in particular made me laugh my ass off.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2008 10:43 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
So what do you think of this guy? His name is Ben Croshaw. He is a video game reviewer and extremely critical of game franchise such as Halo, Mario Bros, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, and others.

He seems to satirize his reviews and can could care less about the rage of rabid fanboys.

Have you seen his reviews? Here is one of his recent reviews:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vid...al-Gear-Solid-4

(Warning: Foul language in the video)

i catch that whenever i can, pure gold...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 4th, 2008 01:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I think he sucks.. he doesnt even try to be knowledgeable about the game he reviews (on a gameplay basis).. all he does is rag on it at face-value

the only reason he gets popular is cuz he's the only one who'll speak 'against the crowd'... cliche, IMO

funny? sure..
am I gonna base whether or not I purchase a game based on his review? hell no..

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 12:25 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I agree, I didn't see the point of taking on Ctrl+Alt comic. I like it better when he takes on games or franchises. Aside from that the guy is real good.

Now that you reminded me of that webcomic I went back and read some, and first now I understand what he meant about the woman mysteriously becoming girlfriend while all he does is stare at her beasts. That was truly a pretty crappy part of ctrl alt, will take a look at the later strips to see if ti has improved.

And Sat, I think you are taking it way too serious.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 12:37 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

I like him, he's real funny... whenever I understand him, cuz he talks really fast...

I actually never heard of him until a few months ago when I got a "Zero Puntuation" theme for my PSP...

Quite funny, But I don't take his opinion too seriously...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 01:58 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I think he sucks.. he doesnt even try to be knowledgeable about the game he reviews (on a gameplay basis).. all he does is rag on it at face-value

the only reason he gets popular is cuz he's the only one who'll speak 'against the crowd'... cliche, IMO

funny? sure..
am I gonna base whether or not I purchase a game based on his review? hell no..

He's funny. But you have a couple decent points. It's clear he likes certain types of games and despises others. So it could be a great game (Mass Effect, for example) and he could give it a crappy review because he's clearly not an RPG'er. A lot of the stuff he was railing against were cool to me (and others, apparently).

But that's his job. Give scathing reviews of popular titles and be funny. I wouldn't necessarily trust his opinion all the time, but that doesn't mean I won't listen to him.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:38 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GenomeFrozener
The Last Boss

He should be decapitated, that's my opinion on him.

Oh yeah! SUCK MY...duck?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:54 AM
GenomeFrozener is currently offline Click here to Send GenomeFrozener a Private Message Find more posts by GenomeFrozener Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're just mad because he was hating on MGS4.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 06:41 PM