KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » The Theory Thread

The Theory Thread
Started by: Strangelove

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

The Theory Thread

This is the thread where you can post questions about anything that's happened so far in the series, speculate what's going to happen in the future, and so on and so forth.

I'll get it started:

• Who is this new villain that Molly mentioned in the final episode?
  • Does Angela Petrelli have an ability? What is it?
  • How does Charles Deveaux talk to Peter?
  • Are either Peter or Nathan still alive?
  • What was the function of the old "Justice League"? What was the catalyst for their failures?
  • What will Hiro discover in feudal Japan?

Just some starters. Go For it!

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:10 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Strangelove
This is the thread where you can post questions about anything that's happened so far in the series, speculate what's going to happen in the future, and so on and so forth.

I'll get it started:

• What was the function of the old "Justice League"? What was the catalyst for their failures?

I'll start with Angela Petrelli...

I'm 100% certain she has powers of her own. What they are? Your guess is as good as mine. Let's have some fun with it then.

Maybe she has an ability to mess with electricity. Soak up energy from power outlets or lights, then shoot bolts of electricity out. Kind of like the Sith in Star Wars.

As for Peter and Nathan, yeah...they are both alive. I'm 100% sure on this as well. Will they be alive past the season opener though, that's the question...

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:17 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Originally posted by Tattoo

I'm 100% certain she has powers of her own. What they are? Your guess is as good as mine. Let's have some fun with it then.

Maybe she has an ability to mess with electricity. Soak up energy from power outlets or lights, then shoot bolts of electricity out. Kind of like the Sith in Star Wars.

As for Peter and Nathan, yeah...they are both alive. I'm 100% sure on this as well. Will they be alive past the season opener though, that's the question...
Interesting. Another question I had is whether the Petrelli's father had an ability. It certainly didn't seem so in the graphic novel about how Petrelli and Linderman met (in Vietnam). And if Kaito Nakamura is in the Justice League, does he have an ability? Or was he just in it because of his affiliation with "The Company"?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:23 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Interesting. Another question I had is whether the Petrelli's father had an ability. It certainly didn't seem so in the graphic novel about how Petrelli and Linderman met (in Vietnam). And if Kaito Nakamura is in the Justice League, does he have an ability? Or was he just in it because of his affiliation with "The Company"?

I've yet to read all the graphic novels (I'm doing so now, to lead up to the premiere), so I can't really say so yet. But then again you might now have seen anything because they didn't want you to see anything. It might be one of Season 2's shockers.

I'm guessing Kaito has a power, I mean Kaito has been expecting the ascension of a Nakamura, which means he knows that power runs in the Nakamura family. He himself was a part of the "Justice League" and his family is associated with having power in the blood line.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:30 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I was thinking that that the Nakamura family descends from Takezo Kensei

Last edited by Strangelove on Sep 7th, 2007 at 05:35 AM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:32 AM
LanceWindu

I was thinking that that the Nakamura family descends from Takezo Kensei

I know there were theories floating around that Mr. Nakamura himself was Takezo. I felt that there was a possibility that Mr. Nakamura shares the same type of power that Hiro has and can travel through time. I'm guessing this is false though because we have seen pictures of the man playing Takezo in the new season.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:45 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

So you're 100% on both Petrellis being alive? I agree about Peter, but Nathan? I dunno, man.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:49 AM
LanceWindu

So you're 100% on both Petrellis being alive? I agree about Peter, but Nathan? I dunno, man.

Yes, Nathan too.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:52 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yes, Nathan too.
how do you reason that?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 05:55 AM
LanceWindu

how do you reason that?

My theory is that when he flew Peter up to a high enough point where if Peter exploded the city would be safe, he tossed Peter away and flew away at supersonic speeds. However from the intense heat and radiation from Peter, Nathan probably got hurt badly and is dying as of now, but still alive in the season opener.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:05 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

My theory is that when he flew Peter up to a high enough point where if Peter exploded the city would be safe, he tossed Peter away and flew away at supersonic speeds. However from the intense heat and radiation from Peter, Nathan probably got hurt badly and is dying as of now, but still alive in the season opener.
He seemed so ready to sacrifice himself though.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:08 AM
LanceWindu

He seemed so ready to sacrifice himself though.

Yeah, I could be ready to sacrifice myself too, but if there were a surefire way to save everyone and myself...you better be damn sure I'm going to go that route.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:12 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Yeah, I could be ready to sacrifice myself too, but if there were a surefire way to save everyone and myself...you better be damn sure I'm going to go that route.
True. But from the way he gave himself up to save the world....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't chicken out. And that was pretty powerful, seeing as he thought the bomb was inevitable anyway.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:15 AM
LanceWindu

True. But from the way he gave himself up to save the world....I'm pretty sure he wouldn't chicken out. And that was pretty powerful, seeing as he thought the bomb was inevitable anyway.

Who says he chickened out? We don't even know how high up they were when it exploded. For all we know they were up towards the reaches of space and what we saw was really a humongous explosion, but seemed smaller from the ground. Nathan would know Peter was more than far enough away and could get away to safety knowing that everyone else was safe too.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:21 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Who says he chickened out? We don't even know how high up they were when it exploded. For all we know they were up towards the reaches of space and what we saw was really a humongous explosion, but seemed smaller from the ground. Nathan would know Peter was more than far enough away and could get away to safety knowing that everyone else was safe too.
I suppose. I have reservations.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:26 AM
LanceWindu

I suppose. I have reservations.

We'll see pretty damn soon. yes

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:53 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Another question: Will we hear from Claire's pyrokinetic mother again?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 06:53 AM
LanceWindu

Another question: Will we hear from Claire's pyrokinetic mother again?

I'm not sure. I can't presently think of a reason for her to show up...but then again I don't know what the writers have planned.

My guess is going to be that she won't show up...this season. Maybe next season.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 07:00 AM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I'm not sure. I can't presently think of a reason for her to show up...but then again I don't know what the writers have planned.

My guess is going to be that she won't show up...this season. Maybe next season.
I think she'll resurface at some point.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2007 07:01 AM
S_D_J
Bane

I'll get it started:

I'll give my guesses by quoting

I think it's safe to say that Angela has powers, we've seen that if one of the parents has an ability it's certain to say that they're children will have an ability too, with the occasional exceptions.

I don't think, however, that Angela controls electricity, that power belongs to [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kristen Bell' character, and I don't think they repeat powers (in the same timeline that is)
what's her power? I don't' know, must be cool though

It's really safe to assume that both Peter and Nathan are alive (seen in the promos), the question is: which one of them will remain alive?

that's a pretty good guess. It's been said that one of the char. whose life was in danger in the finale, will not make it this season, early this season actually. DL could be the one dying, since he isn't a regular anymore, but he could just go into hiding, just as Jessica would, leaving Micah with his grandma.

but... Peter was alive in the future, unlike his brother who was killed by Sylar, so Nathan's life it's pretty much in danger as I see it, I think he will be the one dying early this season... could be wrong though

another thing that makes me think Nathan won't survive it's that:
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Claire's new boyfriend has the ability to fly, this could be just to make her feel comfortable, being with someone who's a freak like her, and has the exact same power his father has....or
...it could be that the Company put him with her to influence her
and like I said they don't repeat powers erm

I don't think he ever had an ability, he said he would hate anyone who's a freak (has superpowers), which makes his desicion to marry Angela rather puzzling,

and Kaito, He must have an ability, or at least he's one hell of fighter using the katana. He demonstrated that teaching Hiro, and in one of the latest webcomics, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: he intimidated a bunch of bikers just by showing up with a sword on his hand

who's the new villain, I still think it's Kensei... other than that, I'm out of options

How did Devaux talk with Peter? don't know, maybe he has reverse hiro power, he can bring people from other time, to his time. maybe it was a dream, like that indian kid. Peter never move from where he fainted, he was like it all happened in his head, yet he was real, to some extend.

Charles seem to know the future, but since the future was changed,how did he knew who could change it? he had faith in Peter, I think he saw his potential. Maybe he could move in and out of different time plains, that way he knew Peter was the one, not Nathan

why I say Peter was real, because he was invisible, no one else would see him because of that, except for Charles, who knew Peter was there and also knew he was invisible

what will Hiro discover? [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Kensei was a white guy, and as a white guy, he sucked at the katana ( except for obviously Tom Cruise roll eyes (sarcastic) )
he needs to change the past, to be the past he always been told about, plus the Princess falls in love with him, rather than with Kensei

should I use spoiler tags in this thread or not?

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Sep 9th, 2007 02:37 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote