KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Who should the next bond be?

Who should the next bond be?
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Who should the next bond be?

As we know every actor who has played Bond is eventually replaced by another actor, now I know we're probably way off from Bond 23 and Craig I believe will be in that but once he's gone who do you think would make the next great Bond?

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post May 17th, 2009 10:04 AM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lebowski32

Gotta go with Clive Owen. Can't think of any actor right now that fits the role more perfectly.

Old Post May 20th, 2009 06:30 PM
lebowski32 is currently offline Click here to Send lebowski32 a Private Message Find more posts by lebowski32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lebowski32
Can't think of any actor right now that fits the role more perfectly.

Craig got trashed because he "didn't fit the role" but now most people are gagging over him.

Mr. Le Chiffre: No, I believe in a reasonable rate of return.
James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post May 20th, 2009 09:57 PM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lebowski32

True. I'm not saying that Craig shouldn't be Bond. I like him in the role. However, if he does decide to move on then I think Owen would be a logical replacement.

Old Post May 21st, 2009 04:30 AM
lebowski32 is currently offline Click here to Send lebowski32 a Private Message Find more posts by lebowski32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

True. I'm not saying that Craig shouldn't be Bond.

Neither did I. I'm just saying that 99.9% didn't like him at first and now he's considered one of the best... So saying who should succeed him depends on looks? actor's ability? ... ?

James Bond: Now the whole world will know you died while you were scratching my balls!

Old Post May 21st, 2009 08:34 AM
Jovan is currently offline Click here to Send Jovan a Private Message Find more posts by Jovan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

I was trying to think of some british up and comer... but realizing that we only have one movie left with craig...

yes. CLIVE OWEN. like, children of men clive owen combined with the insider clive owen IS bond.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post May 21st, 2009 04:19 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dagarkin
Dwarven Elder

Bring back Connery for one movie laughing out loud

It is the Dream....the hope...that makes the reality worth living In the early 1940s, I made a personal pledge to uphold the Dream and as long as the Dream remains even partially unfulfilled, I cannot abandon it!

Old Post May 22nd, 2009 04:53 AM
Dagarkin is currently offline Click here to Send Dagarkin a Private Message Find more posts by Dagarkin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Gotta go with Clive Owen. Can't think of any actor right now that fits the role more perfectly.

I agree.

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 02:46 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by siriuswriter
I was trying to think of some british up and comer... but realizing that we only have one movie left with craig...

yes. CLIVE OWEN. like, children of men clive owen combined with the insider clive owen IS bond.

David Tennant! big grin
"Just call me James."
-"James WHO?"
"No, Bond." laughing

Old Post May 23rd, 2009 08:26 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was one of the small % who actually liked Craig when it was announced he would play Bond, so bla. stick out tongue Same for Catherine Tate when she was announced as the Doctor's companion in Doctor Who, since Doctor Who was brought up in here. stick out tongue

I'd wish he would go on to play Bond for a long time actually.

Clive Owen I could live with but not too big on him. Gerard Butler maybe. Has to be a British actor though, always.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 10:35 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer11
Stalker

I like the idea of Clive Owen playing Bond, but i do not see it happening. I for one hope that Daniel stays in the role for some time to come.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig and avatar.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2009 11:56 PM
Wanderer11 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer11 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Don't want to think about that. Craig's my favorite Bond.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2009 05:16 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagingFetus

I think Christian Bale could maybe pull it off. Anyone else think so?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 03:01 PM
RagingFetus is currently offline Click here to Send RagingFetus a Private Message Find more posts by RagingFetus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Urgh no to Christian Bale, I like him but not a Bond at all.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2009 04:53 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Hugh Jackman should take over when Craig is done. He'll be in his mid-40s by then; perfect age for a veteran Bond. He can't play Wolverine forever; he'll eventually look a little too old for a character that is virtually immortal.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 07:07 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Mid-40's is too old to play Bond.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 09:38 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again, Bond = must be played by a British actor thanks. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 09:50 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by MildPossession
Again, Bond = must be played by a British actor thanks. stick out tongue

George Lazenby was from Australia. Pierce Brosnan is from Ireland.

Roger Moore took over Bond when he was 45.
Both Timothy Dalton & Pierce Brosnan were in their early 40's when they started playing Bond.
Timothy Dalton said he was offered the Bond part when he was in his 20's (when the transition from Sean Connery to his eventual successor - Moore - was becoming a rocky road), but says he felt too young for the role, that Bond should be a man in his early 40's, and was glad he waited.

Hugh Jackman was born to English parents in Oz, and I think has done appropriate English accents in other parts. And he's so fit he looks younger than whatever his age is.

And for those still hoping for Clive Owen, he's already 45. If Daniel Craig does even two more movies, he'll be in his 50's before he could take over.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jul 26th, 2009 10:54 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jovan
Forbidden Drag

Originally posted by roughrider
Roger Moore took over Bond when he was 45.
Both Timothy Dalton & Pierce Brosnan were in their early 40's when they started playing Bond.

Moore was 58 when he stopped playing Bond! That is why the new one shouldn't be too old. If you look at Brosnan, he already had some grey hair in Die Another Day.

They need someone in the end 30's so that they can give Bond some continuity again by using the same actor in a few movies with a wider story arch. If you pick someone who is 40 he can go 10 years (if you discount the retarded Moore period)... so he can do 3 movies, 4 is already pushing it. If you pick someone who is 35, he can do 5 movies and thus better grow into character and the writers can make a massive storyline (like they tried with the Solace organisation) to take place over those 5 movies.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 10:10 AM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
George Lazenby was from Australia. Pierce Brosnan is from Ireland.

Hugh Jackman was born to English parents in Oz, and I think has done appropriate English accents in other parts. And he's so fit he looks younger than whatever his age is.

I know they are not British.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2009 03:11 PM