KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Silver Surfer Respect Thread (everyone else is doing one)

Silver Surfer Respect Thread (everyone else is doing one)
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HigH ScholaR

Silver Surfer Respect Thread (everyone else is doing one)

Silver Surfer Respect Thread

a THREAD for feats and info for Silver Surfer, everyone else is doing a repsect thread so it's about time SS had one.

People post scans/pics big grin

Important: Use the 'copy shortcut' option when copying links in this thread. Otherwise, many of them will end up as dead links.

Last edited by Digi on Jan 7th, 2006 at 05:11 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 05:35 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

He's got my kudos. What more can you ask of a hero that has first rate powers and class?

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 06:36 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

This thread already exists

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 06:38 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
This thread already exists

ah.does it

but i could have sworn i searched for this.,...............ah well

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 06:48 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

The Surfer has been my fave for eons (my first exposure to him was when he first clobbered the Hulk, and then tried to cure him). He is unique, powerful and noble. As Reed Richards said (in FF#72, when the Surfer tried to unite humanity by giving it a common enemy to fight, but failed, thanks to a deus ex machina "sonic shark"): "In all the universe--there'll never be another like--the Silver Surfer!"

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 06:50 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

SS movie in the works.

anyway post feats or pics

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:07 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

My favorite SS pic (from cover of FF#72), published circa 20-25 BC (Before Computers).

Attachment: silversurfer.jpg
This has been downloaded 2157 time(s).

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:19 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

showing his healing power and molecular powers by doing so

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Origina...-31_h66pony.jpg

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:22 PM
HigH ScholaR

the silver surfer battling super skrull, note how he uses his senses to adjust his sight to see body heat.

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Origina...y/SS_25_pg9.jpg

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:45 PM
HigH ScholaR

the silver surfer putting the beat down on ronan, is it me or does that scene look like the thor and supes fight in the jla/avengers crosover.

the "ronan buster" punch stick out tongue confused (what?)

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Origina..._25_page_29.jpg

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:52 PM
HigH ScholaR

Silver Surfer with the quantum bands as if he didn't have enough power.

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Origina...nual_4_pg13.jpg

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:54 PM
HigH ScholaR

Take up battle with galactus (last pic today from me)

http://www.silver-surfer.us/Origina.../SS_75_pg12.jpg

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 07:57 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

SS rules.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 08:31 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I can't find that thread now either. Maybe I got confused with the Respect Namor thread. stick out tongue

Anyway, here's my favourite.

I deliberatly turned it sideways, because I had it on my desktop for a while, and it gives that awesome feeling of weightlessness in space

Attachment: ss.gif
This has been downloaded 2140 time(s).

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 04:53 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2005 10:12 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

He's using a fraction of his power here, a fraction of the power remaining after Galactus already removed a lot of it.

Attachment: ss1.jpg
This has been downloaded 2134 time(s).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 04:46 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

This is typical of every encounter I have read between Hulk and Surfer. I also post it in contrast to the following post (sorry, just couldn't resist).

Attachment: ss2a.jpg
This has been downloaded 3225 time(s).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 05:05 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

There's no Surfer here, but I am using Hulk to comment on the respective power of SS and Thor.

Attachment: hvta.jpg
This has been downloaded 2358 time(s).

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 05:08 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
There's no Surfer here, but I am using Hulk to comment on the respective power of SS and Thor.

Where is this pic from ?

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 05:18 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

yahman, the pic is from The Avengers #5 (Mar 97).

Oh, and what else was interesting about this fight--with respect to the "How does the Hulk keep his pants on" threads--it was the first time I ever saw him fight in his birthday suit (the artists making clever use of shadows and perspective angles).

Last edited by Mindship on Sep 24th, 2005 at 05:58 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2005 05:53 PM