KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » The Orphanage

The Orphanage
Started by: MildPossession

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Orphanage

I noticed this has been released on dvd already in America.

Does anyone know where I can buy the Spanish Steelbook editions, there are a number of different ones out.

English friendly and safe to order off?

That would be great if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm not too keen on the region 1 release and read somewhere about Forced subtitles, can someone explain what forced subtitles are, because that's the first time I have heard of this term in dvds.

Thanks

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 06:18 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

was it good?

TGFwashere

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 06:25 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've yet to see it, not on anymore near me. It's suppose to be amazing, a friend told me it was fantastic.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 06:28 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: The Orphanage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I noticed this has been released on dvd already in America.

Does anyone know where I can buy the Spanish Steelbook editions, there are a number of different ones out.

English friendly and safe to order off?

That would be great if someone can point me in the right direction.

I'm not too keen on the region 1 release and read somewhere about Forced subtitles, can someone explain what forced subtitles are, because that's the first time I have heard of this term in dvds.

Thanks

there's steelbook ones on Ebay from a British source....English subtitles

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....p;category=2288

vendor has had positive feedback

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 10:38 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Humm, I'm not prepared to pay about £30 for it when they are cheaper for the same thing on Spanish language sites... thanks for the link though.

I really need to find someone I know going to Spain to have a gander for me smile

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 10:52 PM
Impediment
Endless

So the movie is in Spanish? Is it English dubbed or subtitled?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 08:45 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BetrayedUnicorn
...its science,dear

was this movie any good. I saw the AOTS preview and it looked sweet.

-Saint Nicholas-

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 10:48 PM
BetrayedUnicorn is currently offline Click here to Send BetrayedUnicorn a Private Message Find more posts by BetrayedUnicorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah it was very good.

Good mystery and some very creepy moments.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 11:46 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's in Spanish yes, and subtitles. I don't know about dubbing on the dvd, but who cares, only subtitles are good.

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 02:52 PM
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

It was worth watching

TGFwashere

Old Post May 5th, 2008 05:59 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviebuff1084

Just watched it there is no dubbing, there is subtitles,
and the movie is pretty good not great but good

Old Post May 27th, 2008 03:49 AM
moviebuff1084 is currently offline Click here to Send moviebuff1084 a Private Message Find more posts by moviebuff1084 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'd like to hear more opinions on this film.

I might buy it but I'm not sure quite yet.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 10:55 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

I don't think its worth buying

rent it at a one dollar video store

TGFwashere

Old Post Jun 4th, 2008 07:41 PM
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Forced subtitles are hard-coded, so you can't watch the film without them, they will always be there.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 06:11 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I liked it. It was kinda creepy and well made imo.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 09:38 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's one of the best horror films in a long time.

quote:
Forced subtitles are hard-coded, so you can't watch the film without them, they will always be there.

I wish they would do this on all foreign language films, then people can't be lazy and choose the dubbing option smile

Old Post Oct 31st, 2008 05:37 PM
gogopanda

ahhhh I saw this movie. more of a psychological thriller than like omg going to die. i don't want to spoil the movie so I wont' say anymore, but i liked the ending. and yes the whole thing was in spanish, but I actually managed to understand a decent amount! hooray highschool spanish

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 12:28 AM
gogopanda is currently offline Click here to Send gogopanda a Private Message Find more posts by gogopanda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's mostly Horror.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2008 04:10 PM