KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » 2011 Rugby Union World Cup

2011 Rugby Union World Cup
Started by: §P0oONY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
§P0oONY

2011 Rugby Union World Cup

Anyone been watching any of the champonships? Been some great Rugby, some really entertaining ties.

Just about to watch France Vs Canada...

Come on Canada!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2011 08:19 AM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Great stuff so far. I really enjoyed Ireland's upset of Australia. I actually like both teams but it just shows anyone can take it.

I believe Italy vs. Russia next. Should be another good match.

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 04:51 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
majid86
Restricted

Account Restricted

Australia or South Africa will wins the whole thing, while New Zealand will choke as always

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 06:19 PM
majid86 is currently offline Click here to Send majid86 a Private Message Find more posts by majid86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flameback
Great stuff so far. I really enjoyed Ireland's upset of Australia. I actually like both teams but it just shows anyone can take it.

The Ireland win shook up the draw nicely. Looks like it could be 4 northern hemisphere teams in one of the half of the draw and 4 southern in the other. (I reckon Argentina have been playing better rugby than Scotland... but we'll see.)

Old Post Sep 19th, 2011 06:40 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xyz9
Restricted

Account Restricted

New Zealand to win it. The athleticism and determination of that team is scary.

Official Bracket Thread smile **** YEAH!
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 12:34 PM
xyz9 is currently offline Click here to Send xyz9 a Private Message Find more posts by xyz9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I've been enjoying it too, although some of the early mornings were a bit difficult. Wales vs SA was brilliant to watch and Ireland really took Australia on and won, which was not much of a surprise to me because when Ireland are firing they play good stuff.

England's games have been a bit of a struggle but when you look at their group and see they have three teams that are seriously physical so it's no surprise the way the games have gone in this group compared to other groups, who have more open, expressive teams. The game against Scotland will be a lot more open I think.

I'm not yet sure who will win the cup because it's still difficult to guage every teams best starting line-ups so I'll probably hold on predictions myself.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2011 01:26 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

GAY!

Old Post Sep 25th, 2011 06:35 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Originally posted by colossulrage
GAY!
Nope. I'm not but flattered that you're interested. wink

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Sep 29th, 2011 04:12 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
colossulrage

Nope. I'm not but flattered that you're interested. wink
with a name like flameback how could i not????????????

Old Post Sep 30th, 2011 01:31 AM
colossulrage is currently offline Click here to Send colossulrage a Private Message Find more posts by colossulrage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

Phew!! England cut it close against Scotland with that Ashton try, suffice to say I was very nervous throughout. Scotland were trying to kick every drop goal or penalty they could get, and they nearly had a try in the corner. Wilkinson didn't have a very good game kicking-wise but his defence and running play was good. I don't think Matt Stevens should be selected for the next game either because it doesn't appear he can hold the scrum together very well.

I still can't believe Scotland lost against Argentina, they should have used the pick and drive instead of going for unneeded drop goals in that game. Thinking ahead for them if Georgia keep it tight and get 8 points ahead against Argentina then Scotland will still hope but it's not looking likely, although Georgia's coach is a Scot so maybe he'll get them revved up.

I'm not predicting England vs France so I'm not going to put my foot in my mouth there. The French could be inspired and blitz us so we've got to be careful.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 11:21 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

England all the way in the QF as far as I'm concerned. For every England fault the French have half a dozen. The French were shocking today... the worst I have seen any of the Six Nation teams play in a very, very long time.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2011 04:42 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

England are out haha. Looks like an all black french final thensmile

Old Post Oct 10th, 2011 02:24 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

It is going to be close but I think Wales could beat France. The All Blacks have quite a few injuries so it's not going to be easy for them either.

Should be two cracking semi finals. Hoping for a Wales Vs. All Blacks final.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2011 03:38 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote