KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Black Dragon operative, Kano

The Black Dragon operative, Kano
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

The Black Dragon operative, Kano

So I'm old-school when it comes to videogame bad guys. Long before Ryuji Yamazaki came at us with his knives, we had Kano. Midway toned him down in later games, but he will always be my favorite.

Kano's Background

Height: 6'
Weight: 205
Hair: Black (was bald in MK3)
Eyes: 1 Brown, 1 Infra-Red (built into metal implant)
Status: Deported from Japan, wanted criminal in 35 countries
Family: Orphaned as a small child by an American woman in Tokyo, later retconned to being Australian following the late Trevor Goddard's well-received performance as Kano in the movie
Fighting Styles: Xing Yi and Akido
Signature Weapons: Dual Butterfly Knives
Allies: His Black Dragon comrades (Kabal, Kobra, Kira, Jarek, Tasia, Tremor, and No-Face)
Enemies: He has plenty of those, but number one on his shit list is Sonya Blade
Favorite Drink: Milk...in a dirty glass
Birthplace: Unknown, later retconned to Australia.
Portrayed By: Richard Divizio (all games); Trevor Goddard (first film)
Bios and Endings:

Mortal Kombat

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Mortal Kombat II

Kano: "Oh, man...I so have to pee right now..."

Mortal Kombat 3/Ultimate/Trilogy

When Shao Kahn lets Kano live he fails to recognize the resourcefulness of the scheming human. Kano lures Kahn's armies away on a false mission: then nukes them using a stolen weapon. He fights the remaining warriors and finally defeats Kahn himself.

Kano's true intention is to take over the souls which Kahn once possessed. But Kano is unable to control the spirits as they escape and attack him. Rumored to have suffered a violent death, Kano was ignorant of the fact that he saved the world that he tried to conquer.

Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Kano and Sonya had fought before. Although Kano was humiliated by his defeat at her hands so many years ago, this time the outcome would be different...

Kano had stolen Quan Chi's amulet at the request of Shang Tsung. With the amulet in his possession, Kano came to the realization that he was now in total control of the revived undefeatable army. Rather than hand the amulet and the army over to Shang Tsung, Kano kept them for himself, and used the army to ambush Sonya, ending their long rivalry once and for all.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon Ending

For months the Red Dragon had kept Kano hidden in their mountain stronghold, an unwilling test subject for a new process designed to transform humans into dragons. Kano escaped, however, before they could finish. Infused with godlike energy from Blaze, the process was rejuvenated; Kano was transformed into a black dragon-human hybrid.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2007 08:38 PM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

...? No one likes Kano?

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 04:26 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ozone
You need me to live.

Kano was okay.

He had a cool outfit in UMK3.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:24 PM
Ozone is currently offline Click here to Send Ozone a Private Message Find more posts by Ozone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
...? No one likes Kano?

Meh. Not really.

I mean, Kano's a cool guy and all, but not really my kind of character, if ya get my drift. As far as the Black Dragon and Red Dragon goes, I like Mavado best.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:35 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Meh. Not really.

I mean, Kano's a cool guy and all, but not really my kind of character, if ya get my drift. As far as the Black Dragon and Red Dragon goes, I like Mavado best.

Well regardless, I guess the least I can do for Kano is post his fatality theater too. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 08:14 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Kano trading card.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2007 10:46 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Why so serious?!

Old Post Nov 28th, 2008 05:44 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Gains Liu Lame's trust and later stabs him in the back.

Shaolin Monks are... so easy to deceive.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 04:19 AM