KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » PARADISE LOST - milton

PARADISE LOST - milton
Started by: leonheartmm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

PARADISE LOST - milton

i didnt come across any thread on this. well paradise lost is an epic {and LONG} poem by john milton concerning the fall of lucifer and a third of the heavenly host and what came after. its considered by most to be one of the greatest english literary works of all time. it also happens to be one of my all time favourite books/poems{i never get tired re reading it}. many lump it in the same catgory of greatness as dante aleighera's la divine comedia. discuss, rant, whatever, i thought this classic deserved its own page.

{incidently, juhn pullerman's "his dark material/the goldan compass" are inspired by this poem and even the titles are taken from the second and another chapter of the poem. also, much of neil gaiman's sandman and mike carey's lucifer graphic novels are inspired by it- for the fans. }

Old Post Mar 12th, 2009 03:46 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

Currently reading this for my British Literature class.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 02:03 AM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

i have it i just havent gotten around to reading it yet

Old Post Mar 13th, 2009 05:39 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
busyreader

Is it not an incredibly difficult book to read? It's only googlebooks and I might have a look but I tend to struggle with the more medieval styles of writing. Would one attached to the guide be better?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:53 AM
busyreader is currently offline Click here to Send busyreader a Private Message Find more posts by busyreader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

actually it isnt that hard if you understand greek/biblical mythology. and heres the trick, read from the middle of each line to the middle of the next one to form a sentence as opposed to the start of the line till the end of the line, and read 4 sentences in a row to make sense of the whole phrase, it makes a LOT more sense then.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2009 02:41 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote