KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Heath Ledger won a Golden Globe for his portrayl of the Joker

Heath Ledger won a Golden Globe for his portrayl of the Joker
Started by: Doc Ock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Heath Ledger won a Golden Globe for his portrayl of the Joker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwsf5rL48hs

Way to go, Heath. A well deserved win

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:05 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I cant stand those bias bastards, once again some Indian movie wins 5 or so awards. But it made NOW WHERE near the amount of money BDK made at the box office. Iron Man didnt even get mentioned tonight.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 04:03 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I actually prefer them not giving awards to a movie based on how much money it makes.

I'm pretty sure that movie about dog made more money than Valkyrie. It doesn't deserve any awards though.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 04:50 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
I cant stand those bias bastards, once again some Indian movie wins 5 or so awards. But it made NOW WHERE near the amount of money BDK made at the box office. Iron Man didnt even get mentioned tonight.

Indie, indie, indie, not Indian. From the word independent. Everybody loves indies because everyone loves to root for the underdog, free of the 'evil commercial studios' everyone loves to hate. Which is actually kinda good; you often see the lack of studio intervention in indies.

Thing is, the People's Choice Awards is out there for 'popular consensus' movies. I think the Golden Globes not nominating TDK for BP is shit, but I think the minute the industry starts nominating films due to money, Hollywood becomes even more hyper-commercialized. Thing is, most audience go to movies to see fun escapism. The 'big' award kinda shows generally nominate more provoking movies, which are often better and more difficult to make.

Iron Man didn't deserve to be mentioned anywhere. Kudos to them.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 06:01 AM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

The dog movie I was thinking of was called "Marley and Me", by the way.

Just throwin that out there

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 06:09 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh. I thought you were talkin' about some other dog movie. lol There's plenty of 'em, but yeah. I see what ya mean, and I agree that movies shouldn't be given awards based on how much money they make, but Ledger's award was still well-earned regardless.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 06:16 AM
Ridley_Prime is online now! Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I was very happy to see Heath won. I was also rooting for Rourke having just seen the Wrestler today and finding it a superb work

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 06:28 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I was very happy to see Heath won. I was also rooting for Rourke having just seen the Wrestler today and finding it a superb work

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 07:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

This was nothing unexpected...

Now, lets hope he wins the Oscar.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 07:17 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

It's people like you that... that well, suck. Like another poster said, Indie=Independent, not Indian. Also, although the movie takes place in Mumbai, etc, it isn't an Indian/Bollywood film (if that's what you meant). Money isn't and shouldn't be a factor, Slumdog Millionaire was a great film and deserved the awards it received. With that said, I do think that TDK should've been nominated for more than the one category it had, but alas, shit happens.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 09:01 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Indie, indie, indie, not Indian. From the word independent. Everybody loves indies because everyone loves to root for the underdog, free of the 'evil commercial studios' everyone loves to hate. Which is actually kinda good; you often see the lack of studio intervention in indies.

Thing is, the People's Choice Awards is out there for 'popular consensus' movies. I think the Golden Globes not nominating TDK for BP is shit, but I think the minute the industry starts nominating films due to money, Hollywood becomes even more hyper-commercialized. Thing is, most audience go to movies to see fun escapism. The 'big' award kinda shows generally nominate more provoking movies, which are often better and more difficult to make.

Iron Man didn't deserve to be mentioned anywhere. Kudos to them.

IM could have won the Special Effects award.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
It's people like you that... that well, suck. Like another poster said, Indie=Independent, not Indian. Also, although the movie takes place in Mumbai, etc, it isn't an Indian/Bollywood film (if that's what you meant). Money isn't and shouldn't be a factor, Slumdog Millionaire was a great film and deserved the awards it received. With that said, I do think that TDK should've been nominated for more than the one category it had, but alas, shit happens.

None of my fav films wins best picture its always some boring ass film. DK is one of the best Crime Dramas ever!!! with a huge box office. And the movie didnt even get nominated? Bullshit. They are just bias against comic book movies.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:29 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

They are just bias against comic book movies.

Yep. They can't accept the fact that a comic book movie has been made really good and done well

on the topic of all this sort of thing not sure if anyone has seen this on the marvel site

Sid Ganis President of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and a member of Marvel's Board of Directors discussing comic book movies

http://www.marvel.com/news/.6485.Wo..._and_the_Oscars

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 01:54 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Master Crimzon
Baby Killer

None of my fav films wins best picture its always some boring ass film.

No Country for Old Men is boring? The Departed is boring? Silence of the Lambs is boring? Lord of the Rings is boring?

WTF? I used to be part of the whole 'Academy only chooses boring movie for snobs' idea, but eventually I realized it was stupid and short-sighted. I don't always agree with the Academy's choices, but best picture winners are generally very good.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2009 03:56 PM
Master Crimzon is currently offline Click here to Send Master Crimzon a Private Message Find more posts by Master Crimzon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I think Slumdog Millionaire will win it best pic but of all the movies i've seen so far (and i have not seen millionaire yet) the Wrestler should definitely be nominated

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 13th, 2009 08:08 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote