KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » The Dark Knight takes #1 Movie of All Time on IMDB

The Dark Knight takes #1 Movie of All Time on IMDB
Started by: Vinny Valentine

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

The Dark Knight takes #1 Movie of All Time on IMDB

Well Worth it... Check IMDB..

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 01:42 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Ugh.

Great movie, but come on. Just shows why IMDB is such a joke.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 01:51 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Ugh.

Great movie, but come on. Just shows why IMDB is such a joke.

It was better then The Shawshank redemption, and more entertaining then the Godfather. It's a vote system by those who see movies.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 01:54 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I think it'll die down in a bit.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 01:56 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

#1 at IMDB?

Pffft!

The Dark Knight is beyond #1.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 01:58 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
#1 at IMDB?

Pffft!

Yes I agree

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 02:07 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
#1 at IMDB?

Pffft!

Wow, I was right...

Overrating, much?

Godfather > Dark Knight

'nuff said...

But an awesome movie, nonetheless...

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 04:27 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Dark Knight > Godfather Imo

and yes i have tried to watch Godfather just was'nt my thing.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 04:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I think once the hype of the Dark Knight dies down that it will come down on the IMDB ranking. That or angry fangirls and boys of other stuff will sink it out of outrage at the idea of it being number 1.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 04:33 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

This movie did open in more theaters on more screens than any movie I can ever remember, plus they ran showings of it all night long, at least here in Vegas. So no wonder it made so much money.

As far as liking it, I enjoyed it. I thought Heath Ledger stole the show. For the rest of the film, it was slow at times, the action was okay with only a few surprises. I thought some of the Joker's antics were very clever, like I said, Ledger stole the show. I gotta say, I don't really like Christian Bale as Batman. I think he looks like a recovered alcoholic who is going through withdrawal, and I can't stand his deep Batman voice, it always annoys me and it takes me out of the escape of watching a movie I want to lose myself in.

All in all, it was a good movie, I think it should have been called 'Two Face' though, since it really was about him.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:05 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

plus it hasn't even came out in Britain yetno expression

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:35 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

The Godfather is good, but seriously, if you ask me...its the movie thats overated. You want my honest oppinion? I really think Dark Knight is the greatest movie I have ever seen.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 05:40 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
Dark Knight > Godfather Imo

and yes i have tried to watch Godfather just was'nt my thing.

Then perhps you should have stated your opinion correcty.

The Dark Knight was excellent. I saw it on Thursday afternoon because I know a guy. But it was was it was. It is one of the best films this year, but it wasn't meant to be anything other than what it was. I could be right but there with a lot of people who have reviewed it if it weren't for the rating system here in America. I loved every minute of this movie, but I sat there for 2 and 1/2 hours thinking this movie held back. And why did it hold back? Because it needed to come in under the PG-13 rating that this panty-waste country feels a need to honour. This movie should have been rated R. **** the children. If this movie would have been what it should have been, then it's worth their sacrifice. This movie played out like a comic book and I have no doubt tht many non-comic fans decided to attribute that to some measure of lacking in this film. But it was spot on in every sense of it's original material. The Joker was beyond expectation, Batman was great, the supporting cast was awesome, and even Rachel Dawes got what she deserved. This was an excellent movie, but I'm affraid non-comic fans will be left confused. (They can't help but feel a litle jilted by the non-sequitor movement from one scene to the next) I've read the stories, I've read the graphic novels and I'v read the comics and Novels. I'm just affraid the casual movie-goer will be left somewhat in the dark. (Which is fine since Begins was written in the same fashion.) I loved this movie, I loved the Joker (which I've been raving about for months) and I loved Batman. I just hope the average movie-goer is willing to apply the logic of this movie to his/her casual understanding of The Batman.

And if they don't: **** them. This movie was beyond awesome.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 06:56 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Devil King

The Dark Knight was excellent. I saw it on Thursday afternoon because I know a guy. But it was was it was. It is one of the best films this year, but it wasn't meant to be anything other than what it was. I could be right but there with a lot of people who have reviewed it if it weren't for the rating system here in America. I loved every minute of this movie, but I sat there for 2 and 1/2 hours thinking this movie held back. And why did it hold back? Because it needed to come in under the PG-13 rating that this panty-waste country feels a need to honour. This movie should have been rated R. **** the children. If this movie would have been what it should have been, then it's worth their sacrifice. This movie played out like a comic book and I have no doubt tht many non-comic fans decided to attribute that to some measure of lacking in this film. But it was spot on in every sense of it's original material. The Joker was beyond expectation, Batman was great, the supporting cast was awesome, and even Rachel Dawes got what she deserved. This was an excellent movie, but I'm affraid non-comic fans will be left confused. (They can't help but feel a litle jilted by the non-sequitor movement from one scene to the next) I've read the stories, I've read the graphic novels and I'v read the comics and Novels. I'm just affraid the casual movie-goer will be left somewhat in the dark. (Which is fine since Begins was written in the same fashion.) I loved this movie, I loved the Joker (which I've been raving about for months) and I loved Batman. I just hope the average movie-goer is willing to apply the logic of this movie to his/her casual understanding of The Batman.

And if they don't: **** them. This movie was beyond awesome.

I agree this movie should have been rated R. I wanted to see the Joker slice people's faces, I wanted to see people get blasted by shot guns, I wanted to see Rachael blown to pieces. Every time they showed a gun fire without showing what damage it did, it took me out of escapism mode. That was one of my problems with this movie, it did not flow as well as it could have if it weren't trying to abide by a PG-13 rating. Don't get me wrong, I know leaving some things to the imagination is a good thing for some movies, but in this case it didn't work for me.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 07:04 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Wow, I was right...

Overrating, much?

Not really...The Godfather has been overrated for many years...I don't think it will hurt it if TDK borrow the spotlight for awhile.

quote:
I've read the stories, I've read the graphic novels and I'v read the comics and Novels. I'm just affraid the casual movie-goer will be left somewhat in the dark.

The only people left in the dark will the ones not paying attention to the story. Much like other movies that require to pay close attention, TDK keeps the suspense and surprise well hidden so that even those who think have figure out the next move get caught off guard. The film isn't complicated as the Original Matrix...or even confusing as Mission Impossible.

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Jul 20th, 2008 at 08:33 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 08:30 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It was better then The Shawshank redemption, and more entertaining then the Godfather. It's a vote system by those who see movies.

Absolutely not better than Shawshank. It should be somewhere in the top 50 maybe. Not even the best film this year, I think.

To call it the best film ever after it's only been out for 2 days is ridiculous.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:02 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Devil King

What are you on about i did roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:40 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by BackFire
Absolutely not better than Shawshank. It should be somewhere in the top 50 maybe. Not even the best film this year, I think.

To call it the best film ever after it's only been out for 2 days is ridiculous.

Opinions are opinions.

Shawshank is one of my favorite movies, but I truly believe this movie trumped it.. And Apparently over 24 thousand other people do too.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 09:53 AM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
And Apparently over 24 thousand other people do too.

laughing

Maybe you've got a point... shifty

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 10:04 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by dadudemon
laughing

Maybe you've got a point... shifty

It got a 97% On Rotten Tomatoes too *nods*

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 10:17 AM