KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Star Trek » Star Trek: Discovery

Star Trek: Discovery
Started by: -Pr-

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New Star Trek Show Teaser Trailer

Not much to go on, but hype train is starting to build up speed...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 19th, 2016 01:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Excited for this. Interested how they'll use the anthology structure.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 10:05 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Same. I am curious though, if it will take place in the prime universe or not. I had assumed it would, and I hope to see some DS9 era stuff, but I'm not going to hope for too much.

I do like the idea of switching crews every season.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jun 1st, 2016 10:31 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Truculent
Truth is written in Blood

I'm a Star Wars mega fan, but I do watch Trek too. My opinion is the ship reminds me of a snow cone. Not much interested. Best series in the Trek is a toss up between Voyager and DS9.

War Doctor

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2016 06:41 PM
Darth Truculent is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Truculent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Truculent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well we know now it's in the Prime Universe but set just a few years before Kirk & Co set off on the Enterprise.

Thoughts?

Because it's in the Prime Universe I'm still hoping for some time traveling giving us Next Gen/DS9 connections.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 12:52 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hopefully. I'm not a fan of the time period or using "Number One" as the main character, but I'll give it a fair shake and see what happens.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 05:25 PM
Darth Thor

I actually think No.1 being the main character might be interesting. Certainly different. Is it confirmed its the First Officer whose the main character? I thought it wa just confirmed it will be someone whose not the Captain.

Yeah I'm not really a fan of going backwards, and would prefer something in the Next Gen time period post Nemesis, but I guess they want to capitalise on that Original series nostalgia like they're doing in the movies.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2016 11:49 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

We don't even know if she's the first officer on the ship; all we know is that it's the same lady from The Cage.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 04:17 AM
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
We don't even know if she's the first officer on the ship; all we know is that it's the same lady from The Cage.

Oh it's her? That's interesting. But then we already know she ends up just fine Lol

Old Post Sep 7th, 2016 07:45 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

So Brian Fuller has dropped out and is no longer the showrunner for Discovery. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 27th, 2016 04:50 PM
Walter Blakesle

NEW STAR TREK SERIES I think it's bad judgement to make this new series available only to CBS All Access customers, and other pay. There are quite a few "pay-per-view" platforms available, today, that the new Start Trek series could and would do extraordinarily well, and make just as much, if not more than the CBS "CBS ALL ACCESS"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2017 09:41 AM
Walter Blakesle is currently offline Click here to Send Walter Blakesle a Private Message Find more posts by Walter Blakesle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

New Trailer:

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 18th, 2017 12:05 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 02:26 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Seems very eh to me. Like when you walk by a painting you think looks kinda neat and then never give it a second thought.

I think they kinda need to decide if they wanna focus on TV or Movies. I'd prefer TV.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2017 05:59 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by -Pr-
So I just watched the first two... And the first impression is NOT good.

As just a sci-fi show, it's all right. It's entertaining enough, with nice effects and make-up.

As Star Trek, though? It's not good. It's not good at all. It feels like it was written by someone that watched a handful of episodes and then browsed memory alpha for a couple of hours.

I honestly don't think i've seen a soft reboot of a property have such massive wholesale changes made to it. I can understand wanting to modernise it, to make it suitable modern audience. That's fine. You don't have to retcon a whole ton of stuff to do that, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:56 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

I thought this new series was set in the new timeline created by the arrival of Nero in the 2009 reboot(aka The Kelvin timeline), as it's just ten years before Kirk's first mission. Which is why all the tech looks better - more like the new movies. But now it seems this is separate from the new timeline? Why?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 11:21 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by roughrider
I thought this new series was set in the new timeline created by the arrival of Nero in the 2009 reboot(aka The Kelvin timeline), as it's just ten years before Kirk's first mission. Which is why all the tech looks better - more like the new movies. But now it seems this is separate from the new timeline? Why?

They don't have the rights to it.

And, they originally claimed it would be set in the prime universe, but that's a bit of a stretch now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 26th, 2017 03:21 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

This show is an abysmal failure

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 07:10 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Star Trek Discovery Ep. 7 was so bad it made me wish they made brain soap so I can wash my mind of the absolute stink which is the writing in this episode. This just made me quit the entire series, and possibly even the franchise, altogether.

I’m not one to diss and cuss, but ****in gottdammit that was bad.

Oh my god. Oh. My. God.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Oct 31st, 2017 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 01:14 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emporerpants

What happened in ep. 7?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2017 04:43 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote