KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!

AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SelinaAndBruce

AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!

What happened to her character? Am I forgetting? Was she one of the ones the cannibals made the bone cages out of or was she in the cage that plummeted to their death? I dunno but I kind of liked her. I would not have minded her with Jack at all I sort of took a fancy to her in COTB

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 06:23 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Nope she's alive.

I don't know, I'd have to see it on screen to decide. I really liked Anamaria, but she was a bit of a spaz. She seemed like a bit of a feminist, to say the least, but when they all came back with the pearl at the end of film 1, I'm guessing she found her way into his cabin once or twice. She was obviously smitten. But I reckon they'd had a relationship before and it hadn't lasted or something.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 09:33 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Nope! I never really liked Anamaria and Jack! I dont know why...but i wouldnt doubt something happened between them. She was never in Pirates 2 at all.

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 11th, 2007 10:04 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Ahh okay. I kind of liked them. I mean I didn't have much to go on but I found their dynamic kind of funny. Out of all the women that slapped him one she was my favorite and she slapped him for a reason. Even Captain Jack admitted to deserving one from her, lol. O well though. What's done is done I just wish that had been the outcome

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 12:02 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

I like Anamaria... she was my dad's favorite character... they should bring her back for Pirates 4... tht would be AWEsome!! they could have her and JAck get together... tht way Jack won't be alone, but I can still have my Willabeth!!

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 01:47 AM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by potcfan2003
I like Anamaria... she was my dad's favorite character... they should bring her back for Pirates 4... tht would be AWEsome!! they could have her and JAck get together... tht way Jack won't be alone, but I can still have my Willabeth!!

You and me like this. I'm not huge willabeth shipper but I don't like Sparrabeth at all. And if Keira and Orlando don't want to do 4 I would love to see that or even a new woman as long as she is strong and not annoying.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 01:50 AM
potcfan2003

Yea... I love willabeth, and I can't stand Sparrabeth but I want Jack to have somebody...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:22 AM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by potcfan2003
Yea... I love willabeth, and I can't stand Sparrabeth but I want Jack to have somebody...

I hate Sparrabeth to me it made Elizabeth seem sleazy and childish and it was kind of cute as a sparring friendship up until Elizabeth killed Captain Jack Sparrow and then I just as a fan of his didn't want him being too friendly with her after that

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 03:57 AM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

haha I Love Sparrabeth!! love

sorry i just couldn't stand all the Whelpabeth love! lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 05:56 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by PirateDiva
haha I Love Sparrabeth!! love

sorry i just couldn't stand all the Whelpabeth love! lol

Deal with it mad laughing

Willabeth is love.

Captain Jack Sparrow is freedom

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 07:24 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

So what then is...what would you call that...sparramaria?

I'd like to see it onscreen, selinaandbruce, maybe a flashback of the relationship they had before. They obviously have a history and I would have slapped Jack too if he "borrowed my ship without permission." But I don't know. I make fun of Anamaria sometimes because she's so negative. Here you have Will and Elizabeth at least coming up with ideas and fighting for their lives and Gibbs is really supportive of them and even compliments them for thinking like Jack, but Anamaria just kind of puts them down and can't seem to think of anything. She's harsh, but she's cool and I still like her. I think we just saw her on a high-stress-level day. ha ha.

We actually wrote a fic where she ended up with Will. I have a feeling if I saw her and Jack together I would think they were "too similar." Jack and Elizabeth have a lot in common, but they have some major differences too that make them interesting to each other. I think Jack and Anamaria would look at each other and take the free sex, but not see anything new and exciting in the other.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:30 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

I didn't feel any chemistry whatsoever between Jack and AnnaMaria....just like there is no chemistry between Will and Liz...the writers, directors and producers forced that relationship....maybe if someone else had played Will...but sorry Orlando Bloom is just too boring.......especially when paired up with Keira Knightly..I felt no sparks between them......just a simple little girl-next-door crush....

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 03:07 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
I didn't feel any chemistry whatsoever between Jack and AnnaMaria....just like there is no chemistry between Will and Liz...the writers, directors and producers forced that relationship....maybe if someone else had played Will...but sorry Orlando Bloom is just too boring.......especially when paired up with Keira Knightly..I felt no sparks between them......just a simple little girl-next-door crush....

Eh I heard Keira Knightley tried to force a lot of that Sparrabeth stuff and she doesn't have chemistry with anyone really either all of that was Johnny Depp IMO.

And I think Willabeth did have some chem. It just was different from Sparrabeth's IMO.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 03:58 PM
katelovespirate

Orlando has two dimensions when he acts. Lovesick puppy, or intensity-bordering-on-anger. He's cute, he works hard, i have no problem with him being a successful actor, but he does not have the same nuanced performances as Johnny or Keira. Case in point: Who has been nominated for oscars?

Until the tea scene with Beckett in film 3, I don't recall ever having seen him smile in the films. slight exaggeration, but you know what i'm saying. there's no charm there. there's no personality. it's a stock character. he doesn't annoy me as a person, it just annoys me that they match THAT up with the extremely well rounded character of Elizabeth and expect us to enjoy it. Keira just WAYYYY out-performs him, along with most other characters in the series. He disappears when Keira is in the scene, let alone Jack.

Johnny and Keira both just have that star quality. the camera loves them, they know how to work it. Orlando clearly has to work harder.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 05:48 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
potcfan2003

I think Orlando did a great job... it's not him it's the character... Will's supposed to be very serious.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:38 PM
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by katelovespirate

Johnny and Keira both just have that star quality. the camera loves them, they know how to work it. Orlando clearly has to work harder.

Johnny does, but Keira Knightley doesn't a lot of critical acclaim and she has bombed other on screen pairings according to some critics.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 10:43 PM
katelovespirate

what do you have against keira? remember that before this series, Depp had no critical acclaim whatsoever. and keira's likely got another oscar nomination in the bag this year with atonement.

I do believe Will was written that way, but Orlando has essentially played very similar roles since he started acting. Legolas? Balian? That weird Elizabethtown movie may be his only non-moody-action-film role. Not that I have anything against him at all... but usually i sort of ride him off as a pretty face with a great voice.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:14 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by katelovespirate
what do you have against keira? remember that before this series, Depp had no critical acclaim whatsoever. and keira's likely got another oscar nomination in the bag this year with atonement.

Johnny Depp's be critically acclaimed for years he's just done a lot offbeat movies. He hasn't been a popular figure overall like he was when Jack Sparrow came out but there really has yet to be a movie Johnny Depp hasn't had critics saying he was amazing in even if the movie itself sucked.

Keira Knightley sticks with Oscar bait for movies. I don't have anything against her at all but she can be sort of polarizing with critics.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:17 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Kate, Johnny was recognized for being amazing at least since Benny and Joon. He hadn't been in too many movies then.

What do you mean by Oscar bait, selina? I wouln't call movies like Domino Oscar bait and most people think King Arthur is just stupid. She's polarizing to critics in POTC because it's sort of her breakout role, but they were pretty much all in agreement that she was fantastic in Pride and Prejudice and they're predicting another Oscar nomination for her for Atonement.

Why are we arguing what critics have to say anyway? I don't usually agree with them anyway.

I'm going to do a rare thing and defend Orlando here. Yeah, the Legolas character sucks and I had no idea what people saw in him. But he's done what he can to break out of the "silent action hero" type. He was in Blackhawk Down, Elizabethtown, Kingdom of Heaven, and Troy-- all of which showed him being someone different from Legolas and Will Turner. But those movies gave him six film's worth of action and stunt experience. That's impressive. Give him some time and enough people credit to see past his pretty face and he will be just as acclaimed as anyone else.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:45 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

I'll have to continue to disagree with you about Orlando... lol... i forgot he was in troy... but i felt like his character in that one was the same old same old again. i havent seen blackhawk down so i cant comment there. i just dont think he has THAT VIBE. ya know? i always find myself comparing him to Leonardo DiCaprio--- both started out as boy toy pretty faces, but through careful and clever maneuvering and brilliant career choices, Leonardo DiCaprio has emerged out the other end as a very respectable actor who does consistently good films and gets nominated for every award in sight. critics love him, audiences love him, he's worked hard at his craft and its paying off. i guess i would have to see Orlando do something besides moody-action-hero to judge him on that, but he just doesnt do it for me.

and honestly, i had never heard of Johnny Depp before pirates of the caribbean... not saying he wasn't amazing or talented, just saying, critical acclaim really doesn't add up to much if films don't bank.

it's fun to look at where the actors were before POTC and where they all are now...

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:58 AM