KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Hey Guys, NEED HELP!!

Hey Guys, NEED HELP!!
Started by: Tra-EL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tra-EL

Hey Guys, NEED HELP!!

Hey Guys, new here.

Been a lurker for quite some time, and decided to register since I am a member of other boards also! This is a great site for information and good read, as is the others.

My local comic book store is holding a 1.00$ comic book sale, and there are thousands and thousands of comics to choose from..60% made up of Superman. (Huge Superman Fan.)

I've been asking around and wanting to know what you guys suggest to look for. Whether it be your personal favorite comics, or your favorite story, a Superman Comic all fans should have, or just a good read.

Can you guys give me some input on what to look for from your experience? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Tra-EL-

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 02:15 PM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I would try "Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow" if they have it and you don't have it yet

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 08:29 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Most of these you can get in TPB form:

Superman: Infinite Crisis
Superman: The Journey
Superman: Up up and away.

Those three are quite recent, and are very well written imo. they also show a superman who's not the vanilla, stereotypically seen as being a boring invincible god.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 08:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

Superman Annual #11 1985
"For the Man Who Has Everything" by Alan Moore
Awesome story.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 12:12 AM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions guys, much appreciated!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2009 05:47 PM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage52
Restricted

Account Restricted

red son
whatever happened to the man of tommorow

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2009 02:15 PM
carnage52 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage52 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsscls

What did you get?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 08:59 PM
tsscls is currently offline Click here to Send tsscls a Private Message Find more posts by tsscls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tsscls
What did you get?

Well, I made the list up of what people have suggested and the comics I intended for were:

"Superman: Whatever happened to the man of tomorrow?"
Superman Confidential #1-5 + 11
Action Comics Annual 10 and 11
Superman # 21 (1988)
Superman # 22
Superman # 444
Superman #775: What's so wrong with Truth,Justice, and the American Way?"
Superman #61: First experience with Kryptonite
Superman #6: First Jimmy Olsen
Action Comics #23
Action Comics # 29: First Lois Lane
Superman #233: Krpytonite Nevermore
and Superman annual #11 ('85)

------------------------------------------------------
Superman Whatever Happenend to the Man of Tomorrow: was actually out of stock and that was one I really wanted.

They had Superman confidential but only had 1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,14 so I held off on that since 1-5 weren't there + 11.

..and pretty much the rest of the list they didn't have and the only one I landed from that list was #775 which they say is one of the best single issues.

The Supes I ended up getting were:

Action Comics #847 in 2007: Superman is trapped in the Phantom Zone and Pa tells the Story to Martha about when Superman saved another form of life by throwing a bomb in a Super-nove sun-eater.

Superman #674 May '08 Speeding Bullet

Superman #138 of 1998: Dominus. I thought Dominus was cool so I snagged it off the shelve.

Last Laugh Joker: Doomsday Rex Dec. '01

Superman Vs The Original Flash just for run.

and Superman: The wedding Album in '96 when he marries Lois just for fun.

My major purchase was the whole arc of "For Tomorrow" Superman 204-215 (Excellent Art)

plan on finding more in the near future.

Last edited by Tra-EL on Jan 26th, 2009 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 04:22 AM
hush77hush

well i would go for the 1st 6 issue's of man o steel by Bryne and dgiordano if you don't have them already or the issue form superman done by jim lee (think the numbers were around 200 up to 207 but don't quote me on it)
if you have some gaps take a look at my store may have some in there link should be below.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 12:57 PM
hush77hush is currently offline Click here to Send hush77hush a Private Message Find more posts by hush77hush Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote