KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » JEDI VS. SITH - Character Creation

JEDI VS. SITH - Character Creation
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

JEDI VS. SITH - Character Creation

This thread will be used for character creation for my upcoming Jedi vs. Sith one-episode game!

For simplicity, since the game itself is intended to be a distraction and side-game to Ushgarak's Star Wars RPG, we will be using the same templates and rules to run the game. However, the setting varies greatly from Ushgarak's game, seeing as his all takes place in the years between The Phantom Menace and Attack of Clones, whereas this game will be set roughly two-thousand years before A New Hope, when the Sith have reunited and reformed into a force to be reckoned with once more, and the Jedi must stop them.

As this game is only intended for experienced players from Ush's game, there will be little explanation as to how this all works, but the setting will be explained for each category and template.

All finished character sheets will be placed in the Holocron.

to be created

The rules required for putting together characters can be found here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f7/t487654.html

Last of all, the templates can be found here, along with most of the instructions if you feel you need them.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f7/t488673.html

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:51 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

SETTING

The episode is set in 1980 BBY- approximately two thousand years before the Star Wars films, and a thousand years before the Sith supposedly become extinct. The Galactic Republic has experienced nearly one thousand years of relative peace since the destruction and collapse of the Sith Order in their last great conflict with the Jedi, and recent trade developments have led to the expansion of Republic territories, reaching for the first time into the Outer Rim. The Jedi Order is maintaining justice to the best of its ability, recently upset by the loss of the wise and powerful Jedi Master Phanius, who has left the Order due to moral disagreements.

Little does the Order know that Phanius is behind the resurgence of the Sith in this time. The Sith had been fractured into little more than tribes as a result of their defeat and inability to maintain peace amongst their own ranks, but Phanius, now known only by his Sithly moniker of Darth Ruin, has exerted enough willpower and control of the Dark Side to bring these groups together to form a vast and threatening Sith Empire striking from the Outer Rim. As the Republic is unprepared to do battle with the Sith Empire, the Jedi Order takes the forefront of battling the Sith and recruiting planetary militias across the Galaxy to form up with the Republic forces.

Players in this setting are all Force-users, from one of four types- Jedi Knights, long-standing upholders of peace and justice in the Republic. Renegade Jedi, out helping those who cannot be helped by the Republic. Sith Lords, former Knights who have heard the call of the Dark Side and accepted Sith training as their new path. And Sith Warriors, who have been recruited and raised by the Sith.

For the Jedi and the Sith alike, there is but one overall goal- victory over the opposing ideology and institution! The Jedi are protecting the Republic and its citizens while the Sith try to tear it all down from without. Of course, there are other concerns. The Jedi are compassionate and respect life; keeping their brothers-in-arms alive and maintaining positive relations with Republic worlds is a major concern. The Sith, on the other hand, must appease their dark masters or face the consequences of failure, all while pursuing their own violent paths to power.

Overall, as players, you know that neither side will truly succeed in the long run- the Light Side will not destroy the Sith completely, and the Dark Side will not conquer the Galaxy forever. But victories and defeats can have lasting effects on the Star Wars universe, as we will see in this game.

Last edited by REXXXX on Nov 4th, 2009 at 05:36 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The rules for putting together character sheets and what templates are available can be found in the link provided in the opening post. No changes are being made to the original templates, so create away! Here is a reminder of what you can be.

JEDI KNIGHTS

Devotees of the Light Side and followers of altruistic ideals, the Jedi Knights are the servants of the Republic. However, in this setting, the Jedi Order is thought very highly by the Republic- they are all that is standing between the Republic and an era of suffocating darkness. Politics are still something that Knights must deal with, but in the midst of a horrible war, many are willing to listen to the Jedi Order for guidance.

Adventurer

Swordsman

Scholar

Athlete

Master

Acolyte

-

RENEGADE KNIGHTS

Rather than being at odds with the Jedi Order over ideals or politics, the Renegades of this time period are more concerned with the well-being of those that the Republic cannot reach out to. The Galaxy is fractured by war and not everyone can make it in such a turbulent and conflicted Galaxy. The Renegades feel it is their obligation to help these people.

Ronin

Freelancer

Seeker

Vigilante

Solitaire

Disciple

-

SITH LORDS

Followers of the Dark Side, these are normally former Jedi who have abandoned the Order and the Republic for a variety of reasons- political and ideological differences, pursuit of forbidden teachings and greater power, inability to control their emotions, etcetera. Now they are the ultimate weapon of the Sith Empire, driven by their desires and vices to take control away from the Republic.

Fallen

Pariah

Apostate

Enforcer

Bane

Revenant

-

SITH WARRIORS

Unlike their formerly Jedi brethren, these Sith have always known the Dark Side. Found to possess talent for the Force in their youth, they were either beyond the Jedi Order's reach or snatched away from them by the Sith for training. Likewise driven by emotions and flaws, the Sith pursue total domination of the Republic culture that they never really knew.

Marauder

Corsair

Heretic

Brigand

Overlord

Orphan

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 06:40 AM
Peach
mordrem

big grin

As should surprise no one, I'm going Sith.

Background and stuff I'll edit in once I've finished hammering out the details.

---

Vilani Wynest, Revenant

STATS

Strength: 4
Agility: 1
Dexterity: 4
Defence: 1

Willpower: 4
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 3
Perception: 5

Force Rating: 9
Force Attack: 8
Force Defence: 2

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 5
Intimidation: 5 (Fixed)
Jedi Lore: 4
Lying: 2
Languages: 2
Medicine: 1
Savoir-Faire: 2
Observation: 2

SPECIAL: Emotional Flow- The Revenant’s terrible inner self has twisted his mind and his actions- but given great power to his offensive use of the Force. The Revenant treats all Force Attack rolls as ‘Easy’ (successes are on a 4 or more).

MERITS:
Power Hungry
FORCE POWERS:

Push/Pull [Combat Push, Saber Throw]
Lifting [Super Lift, Grip, Bombard]
Precision [Advanced Saber Throw, Advanced Bombard, Fling]

Sense [Empathy, Scan]

Intuition [Dreams, Guidance]
Iron Will [Shroud, Revitalize]
Insight [Foresight]
Corruption [Manifest Destiny]

BLADE SCHTICKS:
Focussed Guard, Block, Reflection

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Nov 15th, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 06:44 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Sithiness! History stuff in later.

-----

Tchai Wynest, Pariah

STATS

Agility: 4

Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 3
Perception: 4

Force Rating: 5
Force Attack: 7
Force Defence: 1

SKILLS

Combat: 4 (Fixed)

Jedi Lore: 1
Intimidation: 1
Medicine: 2
Fix-it: 1
Intrusion: 2

SPECIAL: Born to kill- A Pariah gets a bonus die to all Lightsabre rolls.

FORCE POWERS:
Push/Pull [Combat Push, Sabre Throw]
Swiftness [Strike, Evade, Dash]
Co-ordination [Combination, Ward, Flurry]
Sense
Intuition [Dreams, Guidance]

BLADE SCHTICKS:

Orthodox Guard
Block
Charge
Cleave
Reflection

COMBAT SCHTICKS:

Dodge and Weave
Focussed Blow
Martial Artist
Street Fighter
Leaping Attack

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Last edited by General Kaliero on Nov 4th, 2009 at 07:22 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:09 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Hedric, Adventurer

STATS

PHYSICAL
Agility: 3
Dexterity: 5
Defense: 1

MENTAL
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 4
Perception: 5

FORCE
Force Power: 7
Force Attack: 7
Force Defense: 1

SKILLS
Lightsaber: 4
Guns: 4
Combat: 2
Jedi Lore: 2
Persuade: 2
Leadership: 1
Savoir-Faire: 1
Fix-It: 3
Languages: 1
Observation: 1
Sabotage: 3

MERITS
3 Merits to Ties (Republic Senatorial Guard)

FORCE POWERS

PUSH/PULL
LIFTING

LEAPING

SWIFTNESS (Strike [1], Evade [1], Dash [1])
CO-ORDINATION (Combination [1], Ward [1], Flurry [2])

SENSE (Empathy [1], Scan [0/1])
PRESENCE (Persuade [1], Quietening [1])
LEADERSHIP

INTUITION

BLADE SCHTICKS
Balanced Guard
Perfect Strike
Cleave

GUN SCHTICKS
Close Quarters Gunman
Gunslinger
Marksman

COMBAT SCHTICKS
Sidestep
Street Fighter
Martial Artist

Life in the Field- Gunman

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:09 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Yay, bad guy! Hope Peach doesn't mind a second Revenant on the field...

Lykro Sor, Revenant

STATS

Agility: 4
Dexterity: 1

Force Rating: 9

SKILLS

Intimidation: 5
Jedi Lore: 3
Lying: 3
Languages: 1
Medicine: 2
Savoir-Faire: 1
Intrusion: 3

SPECIAL: Emotional Flow- The Revenant’s terrible inner self has twisted his mind and his actions- but given great power to his offensive use of the Force. The Revenant treats all Force Attack rolls as ‘Easy’ (successes are on a 4 or more).

Merits:
POWER HUNGRY
REPUTATION (costs 2)

FORCE POWERS:

PUSH/PULL (Mastery: Combat Push, Saber Throw)
LIFTING (Mastery: Super Lift, Grip, Bombard)
PRECISION (Mastery: Advanced Saber Throw, Advanced Bombard, Fling)
LEAPING

SWIFTNESS

SENSE
PRESENCE

INTUITION (Mastery: Dreams, Guidance)
IRON WILL (Mastery: Shroud, Revitalize)
INSIGHT (Mastery: Foresight)

BLADE SCHTICKS:

Orthodox Guard
Perfect Strike
Balanced Guard

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 07:30 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Alan Medar, Jedi Master

STATS

Strength: 2

Force Rating: 10

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 6

Jedi Lore: 4

Spend 5 points amongst the following (max 4). Remove any skills left at 0.

Languages: 3
Leadership: 3
Savoir-Faire: 3
Persuade: 3
Combat: 1
Law: 1

SPECIAL: Chosen by the Council- The Master has all the privilege and authority- and the responsibility- as is due to someone of his stature and position.

FORCE POWERS:
Push/Pull
Lifting (Mastery)
Leaping

Swiftness
Coordination

Sense (Mastery)
Presence (Mastery)

Intuition (Mastery)
Inner Calm (Mastery)
Tranquility
Insight (Mastery)
Judgment

BLADE SCHTICKS: Orthodox Guard, Block, Reflection, Perfect Strike

I don`t have much on his history but Alan Medar is human Jedi Master a bit past his prime. He is a thoughtful person that tries to follow his path through the force, serving the cause of reason and balance. He is tall man with grey hair and sharp, hawk - like face.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 08:04 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

If it's alright with the other players I'd like to play a Bane for this.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:37 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

...this game is definitely going to be interesting.

stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 12:39 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'll need Merits from Melkor and Kaliero. Three both.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 01:43 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Also, for Lykro Sor and Vilani Wynest, I need to know what your Reputation is for.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 04:59 AM
Peach
mordrem

I've already told you some of my ideas on MSN, but my thought was that Vilani murdered some important person (and several others with said person, of course), with her awesome control of the Force that made it appear that she was doing nothing at all.

Plus the fact that she's able to use the Force to overcome being otherwise completely paralyzed.

Frankly, she's scary as hell happy

Also, Brit, Zink, I have a proposition for one of you guys. When Vilani was a Jedi, she had a Padawan for several years. Obviously, she was unable to finish her Padawan's training (as she fell ill before she was able to do so) so they were reassigned to a different Master, but at this point, her former Padawan would have been a Knight for probably several years. Would one of you be willing to make the potential insanity just that much higher by being Vilani's former Padawan? big grin

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:34 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Changing Gunslinger to Carnie o' Carnage, Rex.

I'll get Hedric's profile up, but for now, he's a very militant Jedi who believes that the Order should be more tooled toward fighting wars on behalf of the Republic rather than just keeping the peace, especially with the Sith running around.

And welcome to the Light, Melkor! stick out tongue

Last edited by Alkaselzer on Nov 5th, 2009 at 08:19 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 08:16 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

I'll go for it, Lana! big grin I'm making a Vigilante.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 08:20 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

History and everything to follow soon, and all I can say is bring it on Revenants stick out tongue

Master Sax Tiberius, Master Template

STATS

Strength: 2

Force Rating: 10

SKILLS

Lightsabre: 6

Jedi Lore: 4 (Fixed)

Spend 5 points amongst the following (max 4). Remove any skills left at 0.

Languages: 3
Leadership: 4
Savoir-Faire: 4
Persuade: 2
Combat: 1

SPECIAL: Chosen by the Council- The Master has all the privilege and authority- and the responsibility- as is due to someone of his stature and position.

FORCE POWERS:

KINETIC FORCE POWERS:
Push/Pull
Leaping

MARTIAL FORCE POWERS:
Swiftness

LIVING FORCE POWERS:
Sense[Empathy (1), Scan (0/1)]
Leadership[Stare Down (2)]

COSMIC FORCE POWERS:
Intuition[Dreams (S), Guidance (x)]
INNER CALM[Shroud (1), Revitalise (1)]
TRANQUILITY[Dissipate (1/x), Channel (x+1)]
JUDGMENT[Wisdom (2)]

LIGHT SIDE FORCE POWERS:
AWARENESS[Harmony (1)]
FLOW OF THE FORCE

BLADE SCHTICKS:
Orthodox Guard
Focussed Guard
Block
Perfect Strike

MERITS:

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:05 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

I'm going with a Ronin. Thought I'd walk on the wilder side this time, though with a much more balanced Jedi. He's working as a 'problem solver', though more as negotiator than fighter. He's going to be a loner type, who either works very quitely righting wrongs, or has a big reputation, where half of the jobs he takes on solve themselves just by him being involved.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 05:11 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Yeah, I'm taking the wilder side of things myself. smile

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 06:59 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Cardon Callovay the Scholar will be throwing his lot in with you folks.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 07:01 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bardock42
If it's alright with the other players I'd like to play a Bane for this.

I sort already called dibs...
Sorry

Old Post Nov 5th, 2009 08:13 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote