KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Seraph- a Previous One

Seraph- a Previous One
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Seraph- a Previous One

Remember how Agent Smith said something about Seraph beating him before. I was wondering if this and whatever else was said when they met indicated that Seraph was the previous One. I realize the Oracle and Neo talked about Seraph being a program but I still think it could be possible. And look how Seraph could fight Neo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neo: Are you a programmer?
[Seraph shakes his head no]
Neo: Then what are you?
Seraph: [Pauses, then faces Neo] I protect that which matters most.

Last edited by lau_timmy on Jun 28th, 2004 at 01:38 AM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 01:35 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Nope
Here a link to a similar thread. Note how it's closed
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ighlight=Seraph

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 03:07 AM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

No...... Seraph was just protecting the Oracle just like he was doing it all the Movies, Hes been doing that since the 1st Matrix, Seraph says" Ive Beaten you before" he could of beating him easyily because there was only 1 Smith without neos powers, so he prob jsut kept beating them up then running, Hense Smith saying " I remember you chancing you like chancing a Ghoast.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:10 AM
DenKi is currently offline Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

It is true that we see Seraph glows in gold opposite to programs like Agent Smith which are green from the first Matrix movie. It might mean that Seraph is different from the others, but to say that he was a "One".

Also, because the Oracle seems to take care of some exiled programs (like Sati). She may have made a deal with Merovingian, to have a body guard.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 07:54 AM
lau_timmy is currently offline Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

Did you even read the link I gave you? Seraph is NOT an old One.

Someone close this

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 02:35 PM
Agent Elrond is currently offline Click here to Send Agent Elrond a Private Message Find more posts by Agent Elrond Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

thats what mini omega is here for

Closing!! mad

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 04:39 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Agent Elrond
The Curse is gone

I reported it. So far, it's not closed. Omega! We miss you!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 04:41 PM
super pr*xy

i'm gonna put my 2 cents in before this thread hits the sh!tter...

in theory seraph used to work for the mrovingian. when the merovingian was exiled, the architect engineered agent smith to have deleted from the matrix and returned back to the source. after some time the merovingian-- who is NOT a former one either, but that's another story-- became power tripping and pissed seraph off. he consulted the oracle and he decided that it is best if he didn't protect the mreovingian any more. at that point he started protectiong the oracle...

again, there is no proof to that... it's just a theory...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:50 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

It made me think of what actually happened to Neo after killing Smith. He was being hauled away by the machines. I first thought he's definately dead, but what if he is just unconscious. The machines may somehow make Neo into a program much like they could have previously made Seraph. So this might mean Seraph was a previous one.
--------------

P.S Persephone can kiss me any time

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 12:32 AM
Real
I have more tech than you

seraph is not a former one...he's the protector of oracle...i dont even believe he used to work for the mero...
Referring to the Judas reference by Merv, i'd like to think he SOLD OUT one of the previous ones...(Judas sold out Jesus)...as for fighting smith? hes an exile, plain and simple

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 01:56 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

Seraph and Smith -
The reason Smith said that is because either in previous Matrix's Oracle has needed protection so Smith and Seraph will have meet before.Since Smith seems to have been present in at least one other Matrix as he seems to know how the events unfold, it stands to reason he will have fought Seraph. But Seraph has always protected her and beaten Smith. It could have something to do with Seraphs past with the Merovengian as well, but I think the previous Matrix's one is the main reason.
--------------

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:04 AM
Real

i assume all anomaly's had to deal with the merovingian...maybe seraphy mislead one of the "ones" to the mero and it had bad concequences ?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:47 AM
Real is currently offline Click here to Send Real a Private Message Find more posts by Real Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

I think Seraph was a program designed by the Oracle to protect her as she guides humanity to freedom. He glows in gold code because he was a very special program but to say that he was a "One". Maybe the Oracle, Architect, Merv, Persephone, and all the exiles glow gold as well.
-------------

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 07:35 AM
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by Agent Elrond
I reported it. So far, it's not closed. Omega! We miss you!

Mini Omega is on the case eek!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 11:12 AM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

It seems almost clear to me now that Seraph is the reincarnation of former ones. After each One reaches the source, they are then given the job of guarding the Oracle. Seraph's true purpose is stated as, "protecting that which matters most (Reloaded)." Who better to protect the Mother of the Matrix than the One?

It's also important to note that Seraph is the only one who can actually hang with Neo in fighting. Neo doesn't really beat him, which mean that they are both equal.
-------------

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 12:56 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

i would NEVER say that Serpah and Neo are equals. Neo was toying with Seraph. All Neo did was hold his own against Seraph, but by no means did Neo bring out the show stopping moves that he did in either of his fights against Smith (reloaded or revolutions).

All programs are created to have a purpose, I feel like Merovingian used or created Seraph in previous versions of the Matrix in order to serve the purpose as a body guard. Don't know how it happened, but i think Seraph left Merovingian and became the protector of the Oracle. (Can't explain how it happened or why, but as a program...he was serving the purpose he was programmed to do.)

That would explain why Persephone kills that henchmen when they enter the mansion in reloaded. She says that these body guards are loyal and easily disposable...Seraph would be much more difficult to control, and he probably was programmed without great loyalty to Merovingian.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 02:57 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by lau_timmy

she can kiss my ass miffed

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 03:55 PM
Real

ok link, i see what your sayin, but take this into account: A seraph is the highest order of the angels next to god...
the merovingian is the symoblic character of Satan in the matrix, and Satan was a fallen seraph...
To call a character seraph and then assume he worked for Satan is a stretch, but i can even believe that he could have been one of Satan (merv) original followers when he fell from grace...
Calling him Judas mus be taken into account too, Judas being a betrayer of Jesus, I think Seraph helped merv do sumthin to a pervious anomaly.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:32 PM
lau_timmy

I believe Seraph is a former "the one" . He may have chosen exile in the matrix after his "the one" purpose was done. The oracle then found a purpose for Seraph and now his purpose is "To protect what matters most" He's in charge of Security of the Matrix.

When Neo went to see the Oracle; He is met first by Seraph and saw the golden glow (special code). I think the unique golden glow signifies power (nothing more, nothing less). Seraph then proceed to test Neo. We all know the "One" is very powerful, so in order to test someone to see if they are the "One" , that individual must also has similar power.
-------------

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 11:35 PM
Real

he doesnt need similar power, but he must be familliar with the Anomaly simply because seraph existed in previous iterations of the matrix

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 12:50 AM