KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Heroes » S03E14 - A Clear and Present Danger

S03E14 - A Clear and Present Danger
Started by: S_D_J

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S_D_J
Bane

S03E14 - A Clear and Present Danger

Official Episode Preview

TBA

Volume 4 - "Fugitives" Teaser

"A Clear and Present Danger" Preview

Discuss...

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 07:03 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

The description isn't available and will be included as it is released

The name of the episode could change as well....

I must admit I'm excited about this coming Volume, the preview makes it look good, and with Fuller returning, the show has still hope to get back to its former glory

Here's hoping it happens... thumb up

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 07:08 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Advance Review by IGN:

quote:
Heroes: "A Clear and Present Danger" Review
Not entirely terrible.

January 29, 2009 - Advance Review: A clean slate. That's what I'm giving Heroes. I'm going to forget about the ridiculous stories told in Volume Three and give Volume Four a chance to reel me in. I'm approaching "Fugitives" with an open mind and a necessary general knowledge of the basics of the characters. I know who's related to whom, and who has what power and which character is dealing with what issues. That's it. That's all I'll need. I'm giving the show a chance to redeem itself. I can't tell you the series has earned it, but I'm doing it anyway. I feel it's the only method I can use that might actually give me a shot at enjoying the rest of the season. So it's a clean slate for Heroes. A fresh start. And it's off to a so-so beginning.

It is months later in the series' timeline and everybody is trying to get back to a normal life. Normal, but guarded. As we saw in the finale of "Villains," Nathan Petrelli is putting a plan in motion to round up what he now considers a threat to America and the world: people with powers. There's little subtlety involved in the series as it compares the detention of the super-powered to similar events in history, from containment camps to Guantanamo Bay. But the series isn't exactly known for its subtlety, so the clunky dialogue talking about human rights and whatnot fit the status quo. Not that I'm complaining. Clean slate, remember.

Though the containment idea isn't exactly fresh, the execution of the plot in this volume opener was well done. More than once I found myself tensing up as the characters were being pulled from their lives. Thankfully, the episode doesn't waste too much time on reestablishing where everybody is. Peter is working as a paramedic, trying to save people again. Claire is looking at colleges, but wishing she could be out saving people. Hiro is still powerless, but he's devised a plan that will help him continue to try to save people. Parkman and Daphne are together, and neither one of them wants to save anybody. There are other reveals that were a bit more interesting, but I don't want to ruin the surprises.

Most of the character developments revealed in this episode make a lot of sense. With the whole "clean slate" idea in mind, I actually like what the series is doing with Hiro and Ando. It isn't the same old thing, but it still stays true to our basic understanding of the pair. Peter, Claire, Nathan and a few of the other big names have also made straightforward choices since last we saw them and that's a huge accomplishment compared to the first half of the season. I hope it keeps up. Unfortunately, not all the characters are given proper treatment. The writers clearly aren't sure what to do with Matt Parkman, and I'm very disappointed with what they've cooked up for the character. The series continues to rely too heavily on old tricks.

The real reward of the episode, however, is the intensity of the hero round up and the potential it brings to this new Volume. Emmy-winner Zeljko Ivanek (Damages) joins the cast and his presence, even in his limited scenes, is truly powerful. The episode unfolds at a great pace and some of the visuals and action sequences really connect. This was an aspect sorely missing from Volume Three. As I watched, there were more than a few moments where I actually found myself excited to be watching Heroes again.

Rating: 7.8

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 05:56 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I suppose I will take that as relatively good news!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 12:36 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

It does sound good...

and the promo looks good as well

-"Work Together" promo

we can only hope for the best now big grin

Here are some sneek peeks:

-Claire and Angela talk about the future... and Sylar

-Claire warns Peter about Angela and Nathan

-Peter finds Mohinder

-Claire warns Matt

-Peter confronts Nathan

Behind the scenes

Interview with the cast:

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 04:49 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Intriguing!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2009 11:22 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

I dont find myself really interested......i think the show still has some aspects that could get me hooked again,but this is not one of them.maybe if i am not reading my favorite book..and i dont have anything to do.....maybe i will watch it...but the days of anticipating each episode are gone

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 12:50 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

I didn't realize when it was coming back until last night.

Will I watch it? I don't know man. I wasn't a fan of villains...but a fresh start? Or will it be more empty promises from the heroes writers?

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 05:21 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

the show seems to be off to a good start... the problem seems to be the writers and their inconsistency...

...until around episode 18 it seems...

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 06:09 PM
REXXXX
Networking

That review is promising, as are the clips. The premise seems more fitting and they seem to be going back somewhat to how the Explosion Future was, where President Nathan was rounding up evolved humans (though that was Sylar, but he said Nathan had turned against the evolved humans long before Sylar killed him).

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2009 11:07 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I just finished watching it. Seems like a real return to form.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 03:01 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Not too shabby heroes.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 03:27 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

WTF....Bennet working with Nathan...how did that happen?

Booyeah..Sylar So kicked those guys asses.

I really like this storyline.

Now we know Peters real power.

Good EP.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 03:59 AM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 03:50 AM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Only thing that bothered me was that Peter needs to touch to gain powers now. Rogue FTW... Everything else was pretty superb.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 10:26 AM
starlock
Team Authority

A good episode.i guess..i am not thrilled with it though..

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:

Mohinder having powers(even in the previous half of the season) and being thrown into the mix is a little much,i dont think giving him powers feels right..it feels forced and an excuse to keep him involved

Peter having to touch people now?...and he seemed to know it?

Peter getting set up by his brother..and falling for it!

Claire is all over the place..well she is a teenager..so..?

A 50 year old man gets hit by a car door(being swung by a strength enhanced Mohinder)...goes flying 20 feet..spinning in the air.....and is still walking....this guy better have powers!

Parkman is now the resident seer ..painting the future...ugghhh!

Sylar feels old and used..wasted time i.m.o

Might be nitpicking...but with this shows past performance.....i see a slippery slope ahead..i am intrigued

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 02:24 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Only thing that bothered me was that Peter needs to touch to gain powers now. Rogue FTW... Everything else was pretty superb.
I don't remember peter ever touching Ted

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 04:46 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Mairuzu
I don't remember peter ever touching Ted

He got the ejection with a power, that gave him this. But everyone assumed it was flying that he got but he touched Nate than flew away later. Good job from Pete for hiding his real power from Nate.

What I want to know is how Bennet is working with Nate?

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 05:01 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
What I want to know is how Bennet is working with Nate?

It's probably to "protect claire"

Which is a good idea for HRG's motivations, seeing as how that has yet to determine any of his actions at all during the course of the series.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 06:01 PM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

I don't think Mohinder feels forced now that he is just hiding out and not trying to cure his monstrousness.

Also, Peter didn't get set up. I think Nathan got into his apartment, because Peter went home and was like 'Ugh, what are you doing here?' from what I could tell. Nathan kinda seemed to apologize for being there early or something.

I don't like that Peter has to touch. It was another way to tone him down.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 08:01 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Why the hell was Peter holding on for dear life in the plane?

HE CAN FLY!!

That bothered me.

Also, Claire just annoys me now. Let someone good be the hero, she's just gotten lame. Especially that line about an unscheduled landing or something.

But, an improvement from V3, even if we are only 1 episode in.

I'm optimistic.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2009 11:09 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote