KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Pandorum from Paul W. S. Anderson: Genius

Pandorum from Paul W. S. Anderson: Genius
Started by: MildPossession

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pandorum from Paul W. S. Anderson: Genius

Not really but anyway, he has a new film out later in the year that looks like it will get back to the better quality films he has done like Event Horizon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rissIC4TE

Well produced not directed. It's from the AntiBodies director, but don't know what AntiBodies was like so can't say if it's a good choice of director.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188729/

A group of men who wake up in a darkened space ship with no memory of who they are, why they are there or where they are going. Only when they start investigating the bowels of the ship does it become clear that they are not alone.

It reminds me of the French film Eden Log quite a bit.

Eden Log information:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087842/

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 12:11 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
Not really but anyway, he has a new film out later in the year that looks like it will get back to the better quality films he has done like Event Horizon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1rissIC4TE

Well produced not directed. It's from the AntiBodies director, but don't know what AntiBodies was like so can't say if it's a good choice of director.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1188729/

A group of men who wake up in a darkened space ship with no memory of who they are, why they are there or where they are going. Only when they start investigating the bowels of the ship does it become clear that they are not alone.

It reminds me of the French film Eden Log quite a bit.

Eden Log information:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1087842/

I read about this in a magazine.. I may eventually see this

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 6th, 2009 01:40 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Antibodies is a top shelf German psychological thriller.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2009 08:54 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

So it's got a decent director then.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2009 04:43 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

You bet your ass it does! Watch Antibodies if you can.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:16 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have it on my rental queue, just waiting to get it.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2009 11:28 PM
Squirrel Fart

Pandorum

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=41441

Plot Summary: From the creators of the "Resident Evil" film franchise comes "Pandorum," a terrifying thriller in which two crew members wake up on an abandoned spacecraft with no idea who they are, how long they've been asleep, or what their mission is. The two soon discover they're actually not alone -- and the reality of their situation is more horrifying than they could have imagined.

Ummm...a for sure renter...the big screen? nah.

Thoughts?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:17 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

This was just a few topics down...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f88/t504182.html

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:20 PM
Squirrel Fart

Ah Crap...

Thanks.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 10:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Just saw this...It started of good but when the creatures came along, it went down hill from there and felt silly.

This was a let down for me.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2009 12:52 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So its a miss then?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2010 09:17 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I'd give this one a passing grade. It definitely had it's problems but it also had some good ideas. Even though most of these ideas remain as just ideas some of them are realized and conveyed fairly well on film. I really didn't mind the creatures. I thought they were actually quite interesting and decently designed. They definitely gave the sense of futile doom. The movie does hit a lull during the second half but i was pleased with the ending and thought the monotony paid off ( for the most part). I do have to give some credit to the filmmakers though, I think they did quite a bit with their budget.

It's certainly not great and i really couldn't argue if you call it a, B movie but i think it's a competent sci-fi movie and even though it's forgettable it's worth watching.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 12:56 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've got it to watch tonight, yay.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2010 11:35 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I was disappointed in this movie. I had high expectations due to loving creepy space movies.

Btw, didn't know it was the same director as AntiBodies till now, but that is a much better movie.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 07:41 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by Kazenji
So its a miss then?

Aye.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2010 08:32 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's nothing original and for most of the first part I was thinking The Descent in space, but apart from that and some of that dodgy camerawork/editing to make someone look crazy, I rather enjoyed the film. Liked the ending too.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2010 05:34 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

I saw this for the second time the other day. I kind of agree with some of the sentiments already expressed. I really like the story/premise and the performances aren't bad either, but the direction leaves a lot to be desired. It owes a lot to Sci-Fi movies that preceded it, but all-in-all I think the premise is intriguing enough for me to watch it again and again.

And I've read that it has been conceived as a trilogy, with Pandorum as the middle film. I would certainly like to see the rest of the series completed.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 12:27 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I agree with what several people said, it starts off very good, but quickly goes downhill. As do a lot of horror films once you see the actual creature. There's just something creepier about knowing something is trying to kill you, but not knowing what. All-in-all this movie felt a lot like a mix between Event Horizon and The Descent. I think it would've ended up being a lot better if it hadn't tried to turn into a borderline action flick about halfway through.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2011 03:42 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by General_Iroh
I agree with what several people said, it starts off very good, but quickly goes downhill. As do a lot of horror films once you see the actual creature. There's just something creepier about knowing something is trying to kill you, but not knowing what. All-in-all this movie felt a lot like a mix between Event Horizon and The Descent. I think it would've ended up being a lot better if it hadn't tried to turn into a borderline action flick about halfway through.

See, I don't mind that it turned into more of an action flick. Who said it had to be a straight horror movie all the way through? I thought the adventure was fun. Mixing genres can help keep things fresh. I enjoyed all the special make up effects and prosthetics.. and the gigantic ship-creature orgy that the characters had to avoid! haha.. good stuff!

The flaws come in, in the direction and how certain things were filmed, etc. IMO.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2011 03:29 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

This is becoming a favorite dark sci-fi film of mine (despite it's flaws). I highly suggest that everyone who is the least bit interested in sci-fi check this out and let me hear your interpretation and help me figure out some of the premise (as well as speculate on what directions they were thinking of going in for the prequel and sequel).

I'm still a little confused as to what's going on with Dennis Quaid's character, but i enjoy watching it again and again and not really knowing for sure what the deal is.. one of these days i'll pay REALLY close attention and figure it out, heh. And the "accelerator" that was supposed to "jump start" evolution seems like it actually mutated everyone and DE-evolved them, cuz they seem to have become more barbaric and to have reverted to more basic instincts.

Very cool premise in my opinion, with some solid ideas. I'd really like to see the finished trilogy, but it's also kind of neat having it left wide open and keeping that all mysterious, because it is a solid stand-alone film.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 02:22 AM